mythical buff thread (long thread where long and detailed boring comments are appreciated)

Dude I literally went through threads you started to see what they were talking about. Every thread from when you joined the forum up until a year ago (didn’t go through the last year because I’d already done enough looking by that point).

Why are you so stubborn you’ll convince yourself I was only looking for the things I wanted to see?? I guarantee you that you’re forgetting all the ideas you’ve proposed and mostly remembering the ones which happened.

I was not trying to make you look bad. I wrote some insight into the buff/nerf threads you create and the conversations which happen there (trying to explain why people think you’re heavily bias and you think you are not). You replied by not really taking in what I wrote (probably seeing it as being a negative thing against you, which it was not) then wrote some random bulls**t numbers: “90% people who own a monster don’t want it nerfed because they own it”, “most of the problems I highlighted they got fixed” and “90% of the community believe the Devs fix the things I say because my words are powerful”. Seeing that, I was very disappointed and I decided to prove you wrong on one of your claims because you’re clearly not listening to me and just talking out of your arse to help yourself disregard my words.

So to be clear: I’m not coming after you personally, just disappointed that your response to me writing some insight that could even be useful for you to know was to disregard everything.

EDIT: Exu explained the back and forth, with its chronology, better up above.

Okay I did a little research again for you guys…

New Legendary from IC - 13th May 2019, a week before its release. Turns out I was the first perosn on the forum to call a nerf for it, lol I didn’t even realise! Although it’s because I misread the passive as giving 0-4* monsters excessive force. I totally called how people were going to use it with assisted AoE too haha. Of course this doesn’t count properly though because I misread things.

High speed aoe - July 2019. Laxus made a thread saying he thinks the Cani AoE FL is unbalanced.
weaken the underdog - November 2019. Laxus makes another thread about underdog being too strong, especially for lower ranked players (he is caring about newer players here).
Can we use fire again please? - December 2019. Lemon makes the thread many remember (it has 300+ posts) about Canishogun’s double counter strike.
KD’s Version Update History - February 2020. Canishogun gets its first nerf from release: double counter strike becomes flame eater. It’s July 2020 where underdog gets nerfed.

For most of 2019 people actually spoke about Canishogun being relatively weak. Not many people saw it as a balance problem at all. Laxus, me, DonT, Lemon and a few other people sometimes talked about it a bit… mainly underdog. It was only after the monster had been out for about 6 months that we started seeing lots of threads about it and then it was the early stages of 2020 it was very common in PvP and got lots of attention on the forum.

So DonT was part of the discussions but didn’t play any instigating role until much later. He may have been the one really pushing for the Cani AoE FL to be killed off but I didn’t look closely at 2020 because that’s when there was loads of Cani discussion on the forum and tbh since there were lots of people talking about Cani I think it’s hard to pinpoint anything on an individual person.

@DonT89 Please give it all a rest. As Guesswhosback points out, you enjoy making the claims that people nerf the stuff they lose to, don’t want their own stuff nerfed and yet contradict yourself immensely by saying threads on the forum are started without bias and whenever someone accuses you of being bias you say you are not at all. If you truly believe it’s 90% of people that speak with their own bias then it’s highly likely you’re also in that 90%. When I first wrote in response to you here I didn’t say you were so bias… you should’ve gone along with that!

EDIT: Just want to add that DonT89 while looking through all these posts in research I can confirm you’ve said a large number of times that “80-90% of people talk only with bias on the forum” (or something along those lines). I had no idea how much you said it! You’ve said it mainly when people are disagreeing with you or you’re putting a counterpoint to someone else’s idea. So tbh you really can’t complain about people calling you bias whenever you make a suggestion. You’ve done it loads!

6 Likes