NMEduck’s PvP Season 53-54 Balance Change Poll

After a two year hiatus, my balance change/nerf poll is back! This time I’m too lazy to bother making a thread to get community input on what balance changes I should include so I’ll just be listing them myself. I’ve been the best performing pvp player in the past year anyway so it should be fine (incredibly humble duck moment)

Do note that I don’t want plenty of the following balance changes to be implemented since I am quite fond of monsters like Suikenshi, Infernicorn, Soral, etc. so don’t come after me saying I’m doing this solely for my own benefit. Also, if I didn’t include a suggestion you wanted then that’s just too bad :duck:

Select all of the balance changes that you agree with
  • Carmilla - Increase Blood Drain secs from 50 to 60/70 and/or change Vigor Bloodbite to Vigor Bloodlust. The 2nd form would have Vigor Bloodthirst/Bloodlust.
  • Soral, God Bird - Increase Baby Conversion secs from 50 to 60/70.
  • Kanna - Change Secret Seal to affect all monsters on the field, including allies.
  • Prixis - Rework Fast Focus to activate if it is the only monster with +85% speed on the field. Fast Focus currently activates even if there are other 85% speed monsters on the field.
  • Bastia - Change Goddess’ Blessing so it can only be used after 100secs have passed since its first turn.
  • Gremoris - Increase Quell secs from 50 to 60/70 and/or decrease the speed from 80% to 60/70%
  • F.D. Maeve - Change F.D. Shield All so that it only applies a shield to F.D.s
  • Nullifying Strike - Rework to deal small/medium damage but critical damage to targets with revenge passives.
    As it currently stands, Nullifying Strike has a 0.47 damage multiplier, while Zealous Attack has a 0.375 damage multiplier. Nullifying Strike also has lower secs, no recoil, and nullifies revenge passives. I’m trying not to be too biased but why is this a thing??
  • Stealthbreak - Increase secs from 100 to 130/160 to keep it in line with the other single target, piercing killer moves like Dreamcrush and Wallbreaker.
  • Cannibalize - Change so that it cannot target the user. This is primarily to deal with Auraleus FLs that cannibalize Ziberius to bring in Whitetitan to give Auraleus another turn.
  • Kuraokami and Nauticruiser - Revert the nerfs on their respective summon skills to the way they were before the most recent balance patch.
    Rock lock isn’t a viable PvP strat anymore since pulling off a rock lock with Bastia on the field is far too inconsistent. @ToNdEuSEnCaRtOn won’t be able to summon 50 Nautipods even if this nerf is reverted. Also, it’s still easy to put players in an infinite stun loop with Kuraokami in the endgame so there wasn’t really any point in nerfing it in the first place.
  • Infernicorn - Decrease the speed from 63% to 53%.
  • Rhinoel - Decrease the damage Boxchomps deal on detonation. (seriously guys, these boxes are so crazy lmao)
  • Dolphoenix - Change Ultrablaze (All) to a blood move.
  • Nulltron - Change Bloodthirst to Bloodfury.
  • Raizen - Change Overwatch to Stealthbane or a blood move.
  • Galvbane - Change Protector Killer to Wallbreaker.
  • Rexkong/Viridizardon/Wolfrozor - Change Assisted AoE move to Bloodcrave.
  • A.S. Myst - Change SOLO Sneak Attack to RAW SOLO Sneak Attack.
    Btw this past season was the easiest top 1 I’ve had by far because of Myst AP spam being so powerful.
  • Mapledragon - Change 2-Sided Summon to add a Bronzeshell to a random slot in the enemy reinforcements instead of adding one next in line.

0 voters

Select up to three balance changes that you strongly agree with
  • Carmilla - Increase Blood Drain secs from 50 to 60/70 and/or change Vigor Bloodbite to Vigor Bloodlust. The 2nd form would have Vigor Bloodthirst/Bloodlust.
  • Kanna - Change Secret Seal to affect all monsters on the field, including allies.
  • Prixis - Rework Fast Focus to activate if it is the only monster with +85% speed on the field. Fast Focus currently activates even if there are other 85% speed monsters on the field.
  • Bastia - Change Goddess’ Blessing so it can only be used after 100secs have passed since its first turn.
  • Gremoris - Increase Quell secs from 50 to 60/70 and/or decrease the speed from 80% to 60/70%
  • Nullifying Strike - Rework to deal small/medium damage but critical damage to targets with revenge passives.
    As it currently stands, Nullifying Strike has a 0.47 damage multiplier, while Zealous Attack has a 0.375 damage multiplier. Nullifying Strike also has lower secs, no recoil, and nullifies revenge passives. I’m trying not to be too biased but why is this a thing??
  • Stealthbreak - Increase secs from 100 to 130/160 to keep it in line with the other single target, piercing killer moves like Dreamcrush and Wallbreaker.
  • Cannibalize - Change so that it cannot target the user. This is primarily to deal with Auraleus FLs that cannibalize Ziberius to bring in Whitetitan to give Auraleus another turn.
  • Kuraokami and Nauticruiser - Revert the nerfs on their respective summon skills to the way they were before the most recent balance patch.
    Rock lock isn’t a viable PvP strat anymore since pulling off a rock lock with Bastia on the field is far too inconsistent. @ToNdEuSEnCaRtOn won’t be able to summon 50 Nautipods even if this nerf is reverted. Also, it’s still easy to put players in an infinite stun loop with Kuraokami in the endgame so there wasn’t really any point in nerfing it in the first place.
  • Rhinoel - Decrease the damage Boxchomps deal on detonation. (seriously guys, these boxes are so crazy lmao)
    Btw this past season was the easiest top 1 I’ve had by far because of Myst AP spam being so powerful.
  • Mapledragon - Change 2-Sided Summon to add a Bronzeshell to a random slot in the enemy reinforcements instead of adding one next in line.

0 voters

Select all of the balance changes that you disagree with

0 voters

2 Likes

Appreciate the effort, disagree with perceived “choice”. I find these threads are more often than not biased. Too few players have the collections and it makes their perspective skewered. It’s based on the mons they have and they centric on their experience in what they struggle or hate facing.

If it included all other top tier performing mythics/legendary it would have more credibility. E.g. Sakuralisk, Satomi, Exo etc.

Imho, gacha games are better off with buffs to underperforming mons cough Lime cough rather than nerfing, unless it promotes non-interactive gameplay such as rocklock/stun to the point it became a single player game.

/yay

3 Likes

I said at the beginning of the thread that I couldn’t be bothered to get a good amount of community input like how I did two years ago so everyone would be voting on suggestions that were picked by me.

Everyone would have more of a “choice” if I made it so they would be suggesting their own balance changes, but that would either result in a lot more effort for me (and I’m too lazy for that) or it would likely decrease the chance of the devs listening to us.

Around a dozen of the suggestions from my previous two nerf polls were implemented in some way so I figured this was the best approach.

Of course it’s biased. That just means the choices are influenced by my personal experiences in pvp.

It’s quite likely I’ll get another easy top 1 next season if the devs don’t implement these changes within a month so it’ll be rather hard to argue that I’m doing this all out of self interest.

I was limited to 20 options per poll so I had to choose which ones were more important. I don’t see much interest among the community in nerfing those mythics so they weren’t a priority for me.

I could’ve separated this into two polls for each section to include even more options, but that would lead to six polls in total and risk decreasing the total voters. Even with just three polls, the last one is currently getting just 2/3 the voters as the first poll.

It’s fine to think that, but I’d guess a large majority of the community believes there are quite a few things that need to be nerfed at the moment.

2 Likes

I’d like for the Devs to simultaneously rework ALL the dozens of 4/5★ bench-warmer monsters, the ones present in the game since launch. The members of the “same moveset, different element” club.

By rework, I don’t mean slapping some inconsequential passive skill on them. I mean absolutely overhauling their moveset into a completely different (and actually good) monster.

Imagine that. It’d be like if a hundred of new monsters were to be introduced to the game simultaneously. I think that would be pretty fun to see play out and also could potentially lead to a Golden age of PvP creativity, or (more likely) be the final nail in the coffin to make Neo Monsters unplayable

6 Likes

I’d agree with the Bastia nerf if it was 100s from start of battle. That’s the key thing, she doesn’t need nerfing outside the front line.

100%, the results have to be considered taking this into account. Unfortunately it can mean some polls don’t really say much, but sometimes they give useful insight.

1 Like

I knew there would be a weird flex in here somewhere

5 Likes

I believe most of the mythic nerfs you suggests are mons you don’t have or use, and Stealthbreak is not unique to Sui. So kind of contradict to you saying you can hit another easy top 1 if no change would happen (barring Myst AP spam but we are talking about mythics here), and you are no stranger in hitting top 1 in ranked.

I am also a bit wary on nerfs to Mythics due to the financial cost involved, and how it can negatively impact consumer confidence and behaviour if they are to nerf something people spent a lot of money on, e.g. Prixis for you.

Lastly, I think giving suggestions are completely fine and encouraged. Trying to create a “poll” to persuade changes based on limited choices can sometimes be misleading.

/yay

3 Likes

That’s simply because I don’t own most of the mythics that are currently in need of a nerf. I guarantee I would still include carmilla, maeve, and kanna even if I owned the awakened forms.

I’ve gotten top 1 with only one other team which was link fire and that got nerfed shortly after. Myst AP spam with prixis is so incredibly powerful I would’ve finished with only five losses and 84k rating if I didn’t face Janne so often. I highly doubt the meta will shift enough in the next season to counter my team so I don’t see any contradictions to what I said.

It would be great if we didn’t need to do this, but as I said earlier, this seems to be the best way to convince the devs to take action against monsters that have gone far too long without a nerf.

That’s true. The devs need to do a better job of offering compensation whenever they nerf something and this isn’t limited to just mythics either. At least in carmilla’s case it would still be S+ tier even if blood drain gets its secs increased.

Fair enough, although you’re also the primary reason bastia needs a third nerf in the first place.

Also can you pin this topic for like a week or two so enough players see it?

@NMEduck i am very disappointed in you. you claim to be the best player but you neglect to add an option for the most important change that needs to happen. i know I’m not alone in feeling this way and there are many players upset with the current situation. i think even you can probably see this is a necessity for the good of the game.
simply put - we need a Jerbo buff.

2 Likes

I disagree with pinning this thread. These are biased takes, some good and some trash. One is just a hollow self brag. Doesn’t seem pin worthy to me

3 Likes

btw putting a double nerf on carmilla in one box when you have put two separate nerfs on maeve is dumb. i agree with the tu of blood drain increasing. and depending upon how that plays out then i might be persuaded to get a second nerf on her - though i think you will find it won’t be needed. putting 2 nerfs in one means i cannot agree.

1 Like

i also feel that instead of nerfing nullifying strike Zealous Strike should be buffed. nerfing a way to deal with DR seems like a bad idea…

1 Like

Dude it literally says and/or in the option :joy:

Also maeve isn’t the only nullifying strike monster…

Sounds good so vote on which ones you agree or disagree with.

I’d like to postpone my response to this until after next season’s ranked ends.

Over a dozen changes from my previous two balance polls were implemented. The same can easily happen for this poll. Why do you think that isn’t pin worthy?

Reworking nullifying strike to deal critical damage against monsters with revenge passives actually makes it stronger against DR

also rework single stun pulse.

yes because i could tell you were referring to the overwhelming power of spikiestorrent when you thought to suggest this nerf…

1 Like

You listed almost every possible change that could be made, of course some would get implemented. They were getting changed whether you made a thread or not lol

1 Like

I think quite a few of them wouldn’t have happened without my influence. Especially deathgazer and possibly the 50tu moveset nerfs. In any case, we’ve gone several updates without anything being done about quite a few problematic monsters.

Sturgeonidas as well. Anyway it wouldn’t have made sense for me to have the nullifying strike nerf suggestion for just maeve when there are other monsters that have it too

other monsters have bloodbite…

Carmilla has vigor bloodbite, one of its signature moves.