Wrap up Seasons 49 and 50: A few balance suggestions.

Nectareon didnt need nerf thats for sure.
Could say for many of previous choices too.

I disagree with this post simple because it seems like a pandering and frankly leaves bad taste for most owners of the mons.
Quite frankly maeve teams died for several months before current list actually brought it back into the meta, same with poseidon and myst which in imo was good nostalgic play.
Most of the nerfs that are suggested for most part end up killing the mons to the point they arent even seen ever again. For sure nerfing them down to the point we cannot use them isnt the way to go. Right now those who are suggesting the blood drain nerf dont realise more than half move pool will be restricted and carmilla will become dw for most of the match.
Here are some alternate suggestions for instance:
How abt nerfing the second forms which are far more common than awakened ones?
Carmilla having more restriction in second form. Something very similar could be suggested for mavee’s passive which would make the game lot more smoother than the complete overhaul people are proposing at the moment.
Same with momo and others…

1 Like

Simply put, it’s incredibly stupid that we have what’s basically an UC mon that’s usable in pvp. That’s what carmilla is with its 50k defense, 42tu full heal, and crazy sweeping potential. Something needs to go and the 42tu full heal is definitely the best thing to nerf.

Simply put, if we do that the carmilla will not work.
Already she has low speed which puts her in tough spot, she will never get to a and use her vigor skill because you will easily put them below 70. If blood drain is nerfed she will never get enough to actually make an impact on team. One could always keep her below threshold and she will be always dw.
This is also the very case suggested with every “nerf” in the recent past. To the point the mons have become unusable anywhere and they have evem stopped appearing in list.

1 Like

A slight tu increase or healing reduction isn’t going to make it suddenly drop five tiers :roll_eyes:

It’ll only be deadweight if you place it in your team with no support and nothing else that’s a threat. Is that really too much to ask from our carmilla users?

2 Likes

If you need “slight decrease” wouldnt it be better as is?
And you should probably decide tu too. If you look at most mythic/healing tu it should be comparable to that as well.
For instance from the brink is 1 sec normal healing is roughly 100-120. Backbites are roughly at 60-80s.
Blood drain is a move which doesnt kill opponent but suppose to make it reach beyond that 90%hp. Even shortest sweeping moves are in 60+secs.
I think it is just right at the moment. Else it will be difficult to justify the placement.

1 Like

And two the bulk of what we are facing is non awakened version.
All i am saying is the second form is Unnaturally strong which is what made her threat in many teams in the first place. Changing her skill to inferior versions wouldn’t make huge dent on the monster.
I suggested the same for maeve as well in past and for many mythics. I think that could be right way to go in this scenario.

1 Like

This thread isn’t even about the 2nd form because it is barely a threat in comparison. It can even be one shot by certain charged sweepers that have enough kills. On the other hand, the awakened form can tank literally brynhildr’s ragnarok then heal back up to full hp and 50k defense and attack again 42tu later.

Backbite/backstab is 60-80tu because it can kill off one of your monsters that is deadweight, while blood drain can heal it back to full HP off of literally a rockoid. Keep in mind how it can often tank blood moves without falling below 90% due to its 50k defense so it’s unfair to compare it to other healing monsters that don’t have nearly as good of a benefit. Having this constant pressure on your opponent is simply game breaking. Making blood drain 60-70tu wouldn’t even drop it below S tier either.

I can’t believe that we’re even discussing that a 50 TU full heal move on a 50k defense monster with very good moveset might be a bit too much :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

There is no logic to it if we drop it to 60-70,
Even backbite is of the same range, but backbite has lot more additional advantages.
You could always stun it, and there are other workarounds, however for the tu and other abilities of blood move its simply not worth it having at 70s. Even cynthia sweeps faster than that. Considering its not a sweeping move its not worth it.
@ItsSherlock reason why this is a debate is because of the fact that she needs high health to be playable in first place.(vigor moves need her to be certain healthmark) Low speed certainly doesnt help and if i keep her below 60% health mark she cannot use her main moves. She will have way too many weakness post that.
Any of the suggestion that have been mentioned here will probably make her a trash which has been the case for every nerf suggested on the forum.

1 Like

This man loves Carmilla. Brother I understand that when you wake up a mythical and it’s good it hurts to be nerfed, but it’s not just a matter of nerfing, it’s ‘balance’. When something is literally abusing the game, be it a monster or a strategy, it’s done and that’s it. Enough has been said about Carmilla, and as someone said, a monster like Carmilla had never been made, ever, they throw away that she is the only one that has the same defense that does not even reach the ankle in her set of skills. Carmilla’s counter is a hitman, but if you put her protected with AP spam like most do, you’ll have a monster that will only kill your team. Of course you defend what you like but you have to be partial. I’ve seen players here like Duck himself ask for nerfs on certain monsters even after being top ranked, and that’s a good thing of course. Carmilla is not an SS monster, she is a literal abuse in the game and needs ‘balance’

So what might be a comparable answer then? If not a TU increase or Healing reduction, then do we target Carmillas Passive ability instead and reduce the Defense buff from it so it can be killed more reliably? If not the TU or Healing, then I ask you, what is the correct nerf?

I dont think you do.
I have been silent for most of the latest nerf because i thought things would get “balanced”.
Turns out they got mucked into ■■■■.(just go look at last list of nerfs) And you will be surprised by how many of these were suggested by forum by prominent users.
Most nerfs suggested here arent a “balance” but designed to kill the mons. Thats not something good in the long run no matter how one looks at it.
Coming to carmilla she doesnt need “nerf” has her own weakness and strength which is fine. Her major weakness are strength and inability to do anything at low healths.

1 Like

Well, I think that two devs will have to decide that, we leave all this in their hands.

Sorry maybe out of the topic

I meet carmilla user And I stole her with Angelion (soul exchange), until the end of the game this Carmilla still in field. It’s funny enough that even the user can’t even fight his own monsters

4 Likes

Something is clear, never 100% will agree with the things that are done, but you must understand that you are not the only player in the game, and you are not the only one who has it awake or however you have it, you will not be the only one affected. I don’t know what the Devs will do, but surely they have seen everything that has been discussed in this forum and they know the level of the monsters better than anyone, so if they determine that it must be balanced, then it will be done.

She can consistently heal herself back up to 50k def and basically no non piercing move is able to bring her below 90 % health and if all goes wrong there’s still heartburst. If you struggle with Carmilla, the problem really isn’t Carmilla :sob:

1 Like

But there are solutions dont you think?
I for one think mechangelion is harsh counter to her. Better to release mons like him or focus payback killer.
Plus she is still vulnerable to sleep-stun-poison.
She is bringing in a variety of mons which i dont think we should kill immediately. Its barely been 3 months.

As for number of carmilla users, lets be real i dont think we would have that many if the anniversary had better mons. People exercised tht choice for which i dont think we should penalize so " soon"

1 Like

Yeah, when you face her you focus so much trying to weaken her a little bit that the others end up massacring you. If you manage to lower her something, well, we already know what she will do, we don’t have to repeat the same thing so much. I think this forum is a bit tired.

only thing you have said that makes sense.

seriously though - just get yourself a payback killer and stop whining because you can’t cope with carmilla. she has literally never been a problem for me to deal with. annoying yes, but ultimately theres monsters more in need of nerfs like rhinoel and Lunactia (i agree with the only 1 enemy substitute at a time nerf kd suggested.)

if you have problems with killing her because of protectors then she really isn’t your issue, the aps are. note how the devs just released another guardian execute monster…

anyway I’m sick of hearing your attempts to justify a nerf on Carmilla when she is more than manageable in battle. hell even an island caught monster can one-shot her. (Mantisamurai)

2 Likes