This game has died out

I can say that they do care and they do view the forums from experience and when they were on chat before the game released they were opened to suggestions. There really nice people and it’s not like they’re sitting around doing nothing there probably working on better ways to improve the game and the update. So just be patient everyone it’s always apples fault when it come to getting the update or app on the App Store.There also probably fixing bugs.

Thanks for the reply Dev, appreciated.

Yes there’s not much post-game content. But to be fair, keep in mind that you only paid $1 for the game, and the storyline is worth many hours of game play. For many other iPhone games you don’t even get any post-game contents. In HI you at least have PVP and OM. It is quite impossible to keep giving new post-game content for free you know, unless the devs change it to a freemium approach (timers, paid players >>> other players etc), which I don’t want to see it happens.

If the PVP reward Arks had better PVP values and the rewards are not that far apart, it would attract more players to continue PVP. One fatal mistake is that Vegitiger should never be in the gold eggs, just like the other PVP reward Arks.

OM is competition, and competition is never going to please everyone. The winners are happy and the losers are not. This gives the losers an extra reason (in addition to little post-game content) to quit the game.

I personally don’t take this game too seriously and I see it as a milestone of an evolving series. When the next game Cosmic Island comes out, HI will die. So why bother spending so much effort and time on HI? It is just a game, relax and enjoy! Bored? Just play another one! This is what the current smart phone gaming industry trend is - people don’t stay that long on one game, there are just too many options.

One point to make, though, is that many people don’t like the idea of putting all the effort into a game only to have it all die out and be for nothing.

As it is, that tends to be the inevitable result - a game really can’t go on forever. But players like to believe it will keep being updated.

If you tell them that it won’t be updated, it tends to ruin motivation.

This may not be true for everyone, but it is for many people at least.

I quote only this one to shorten the text. I completely agree with you as I am a similar sort of player you describe there I come back to games when they get updated and when I don’t have fun I just leave for a while and later on I’ll give it another chance.
What you forget I’m not trying to blame this game or the devs or something, I just tried to explain why I stopped playing this game which is really important for the devs too because from a players perspective it’s allright to stop playing or delete the app if you don’t like it etc…

BUT

there is the devs perspective too and you can say what you want but it’s their target to give us a game we enjoy and keep playing & paying if that’s not the case then something went wrong and as long as there are many crying threads with titles just like

there is something which gets many ppl angry and let them stop playing which is okay for the players but not okay for the devs.

In my personal case I’m fine with the gameplay like you say I just stop playing and give it another chance (it was that when I played DI and stopped waiting for HI and it will be the same this time it’s just sad that the same thing happened again).
The only reason why I got mad was the money I spend for getting nothing.

And regarding to the admin to be honest if I spend that money on a freemium I would be that ultra overpowered player with all good equipment and other stuff (I hate freemium btw) but I decided to spend the money on your game and it feels way more bad than freemium if you pay and you get nothing back.
It’s okay to stay away from a freemium system but still the players who pay should feel rewarded in some way because they are the ones who actually keep the game alive as the initial purchase of ~1€ wont pay the effort you took for this game.

And keeping the game alive for yourself by doing your own missions is allright and good for you if that makes fun but I don’t think this is what the devs want.

You can’t be serios about that point I suggest you to type in “NTT resonant” in the search bar of the appstore and than say again it’s not about money… every company is about money. I think what you mean is the programers itself who are programing this game and trying to get it as enjoyable as possible but even they are supposed to make the wishes of their company real to get much money out of the app otherwise they just get dropped (sad fact you saw that a lot in pc gaming and it’s the same thing now with mobile gaming)

And if there is so much to happen they just can tell us be open tell us what are the plans that players wont stop playing and keep up the fun. I personally believe the same thing will happen now just like last year when the update for DI came out. I was really disappointed because there was nothing to do everyone who used swinedene got through the update in a few hours and then again the old problem no endgame content. I really hope this doesn’t happen again with ths update the update can take as long as it wants the main thing is that the update will keep the game alive which did not happen for DI last year.

I wasn’t really targeting you specifically, and though this is purely a matter of opinion, I disagree that you (as in y’all, everyone, etc) get nothing for the money you paid.

As First Snow said, it’s only 99 cents. Or a little more/less than that, depending on where you live - but wherever you are, it’s cheap. And it has good art, a good story, and pretty much good stability, concerning general gameplay (as in, it rarely, if ever, crashes during play time).

If you bought the game for only PvP, I have to say, I don’t think you should have. Hunter Island is new. It’s, what? Two months old? Three? Hunter Island isn’t all about PvP, it’s the players who make it all about PvP.

Now I’m addressing you personally (Outtacontrol). I apologize if I’m misunderstanding you but you say people who pay should feel rewarded. I think they are. People who pay = better arks, and that’s an ongoing issue. And it’s also an issue when someone pays the same amount of money as someone else and get nothing because the others can time and they can’t.

But they’re working on it. Actually, I hear it’s fixed in this much anticipated update. So that argument is invalid now. People can start it again after the update but I don’t think they should do it now, when it’s already been confirmed they’d be fixing it. They heard our feedback and took it to heart.

If you mean simply paying about 99 cents for the game, they give you or offer you about 3000 gold in total, for free. That’s approximately 25.00 USD and it will get you about ten gold eggs. And must I mention the gold eggs that are rewarded in missions? Isn’t there about three reward eggs? Maybe two? That’s about 300-600 more free gold’s worth. So that’s 9-13 gold eggs for free, right there (9 in case I miscalculated, remember I said I only play it on roadtrips? lol), and a whopping total about 3300-3600 gold’s worth in total. Which I believe is about 30.00 USD or something.

If someone can supply more accurate numbers, that’d be helpful for my argument but I’m really REALLY bad at math so excuse me if I did something wrong in there. But I don’t have to be good to know that we get a lot of free gold.

For about 99 cents.

And that’s why I don’t think you received nothing in return for your money.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I truly thought Geomon was the best iOS game I’ve ever played and I miss it dearly.
But anyways, hunter island is great! I haven’t been playing it a whole lot lately because I’m waiting for the update. In hoping there will be new monster released that are CATCHABLE so I can focus on doing that for a little while.

Also, if you wanted faster updates, that would mean the game would have to go through a server (like Many other games) and that means an Internet connection would more than likely be required to even play the game- and I for one like the option of offline play for when I go on road trips.

Quit complaining.

This post sounds like it came from another me that doesn’t ramble

1 Like

I would like a game that goes on and on with updates, I don’t like it when developers have the idea that they plan to end it. But that doesn’t imply anything about freemium / waiting / timers in any way, so I’m not sure where that came from.

I think games like that would attract many more players and would keep them playing longer as long as the direction is right.

As a game developer myself, I always have the mindset that I’ll continue to expand the games I make until something blocks me from doing so.

I’m just starting coding (on scratch but y’know) and it was really difficult for me to make a simple rpg with only 4 characters. Now imagine four people who have to make 100s of characters and many Ai’s and moves and a way to capture. FOUR PEOPLE. If there were more I would understand the people yelling at the debs to work harder. Now imagine you were one of said people. You would look at the forums and they would say: work harder, where’s the new update etc. would you really want to make the game better with people practically breathing down your neck that your not doing good? I know I wouldn’t. Remember people being stressed out does NOT help a develop or think.

And don’t even get me started on the monster designs and how difficult they would be.

And let me tell you, AI can sure be a challenge!

by far overtime! 

Shoot i was quoted… lol

I agree with the 200 completed matches, as long as their not in a row. I will not sit back and watch as a steg/char combo takes 2-4 minutes for me to be able to attack again, and that determines the win anyways. BUT that being said, right now if you leave matches you it DOES affect your record. It gives you a loss. So your argument is a little invalid in that aspect… But I see what you’re saying.

Not if you know what you are doing - it’s not right but some people are doing it…

This game really has died out for me. And the two main causes are: 1. The disappointing arks in gold eggs. The devs brutally punish anyone not timing and it honestly doesn’t make sense. This goes hand in hand with the fact that once you get into the second master league in pvp I get stunned into oblivion and on the rare occasion I can break the opponents combo they disconect right away. 2. No post game content except the infinite dungeon which gets repetitive very quickly. The addition of a new island seems plausible and the release of past OM arks on said island with new quests would be fantastic and really get me back into this game.

There are two flaws in your logic.

1. As it’s been stated numerous times before, gold eggs are a gamble. You’re NOT SUPPOSED to be guaranteed anything from them. It’s called a ploy for people to buy more so that the devs make more money. It’s like this in many, many games. The timing issue isn’t something they intended for and guess what? It’s getting fixed anyways. They aren’t deliberately punishing you.

2. They’re working on more post game content. They haven’t updated the game since it came out. Calm down and wait. It’s not like a team made of four programmers working on MULTIPLE games can deliver a new update overnight, especially when bugs and timing are a much higher priority at the time being.

That being said, if I were the devs, honestly, all the people complaining on these forums wouldn’t motivate me to fix it in a hastened manner. It’d actually motivate me to (as what they’re doing) fix what’s wrong with this game in their next. The complaints 9/10 times are negative and not constructive, and they’re all redundant by this point. Nothing you said hasn’t been said before. Search the forums. There is a search function for a reason.

nothing I said has been said before? Lmao dude you sound like a broken record. Nothing you said was even a cogent response to what I said reread my post again. I didn’t ask if gold eggs were a gamble or not. Anytime someone complains about the egg arks you jump in with the same schpeel over and over again. Hahaha I just reread what you wrote, are you sure you quoted the right person? My logic is flawed? What logic is that? I wasn’t using any logic I was speaking my mind, giving my opinion. You can’t tell someone there opinion is wrong. Next you will tell me my fav color isn’t really green and my thinking is flawed bc blue is clearly superior. I also didn’t mention anything about how long the update was taking. With only four people it is obviously going to take a long time. No where in my post was I complianing about the devs not working hard so I really don’t know where that came from. I just said the reasons the game died out FOR ME. Also thanks for saying I needs to calm down. That actually made me laugh. I was perfectly calm the whole time I wrote that just as I am now. 90% of the time someone says calm down it is the speaker who in fact needs to calm down. Finally your third paragraph makes no sense whatsoever. If you were the devs you would dely an update that would prevent egg timing, a glitch that steals money away from you and your team. Just bc people are complaining? Hahha I can tell your not a business man yourself bc that is some flawed logic right there. Have a good day

Personal opinion, with the problem of timing, I don’t know how it can be fixed. Honestly, with decent amount of timing one would get: decent arks in both exclusive&catchable, all s rank team, nearly infinite gold.
The three above is like the foundation of this game. I wonder how would the devs manage to fix this effectively. Only fix timing is just eliminating new bees to time but the gap is still there. If anything changes dramatically then players quit, the game died anyway.

So it hasn’t been said before that the Arks in eggs aren’t that great? Have you tried reading these threads (note: these are just some of those that mention this topic and I didn’t bother searching for post game content, because the list would be exponentially longer)?

1. http://www.hunterislandforum.com/index.php/topic/2268-i-must-have-0-luck/

2. http://www.hunterislandforum.com/index.php/topic/2140-best-use-of-gold/

3. http://www.hunterislandforum.com/index.php/topic/2141-possible-egg-spins-fix/

Yes, you did complain about gold eggs having terrible arks, and I simply stated that they’re a gamble. That’s the reason. You complained that the devs are brutally punishing those that aren’t timers. They’re not. As I already stated, it’s a ploy so that you’ll spend more to get more chances. They didn’t intend for timing to be an issue like it is, so they originally figured people would spend more if they didn’t get what they wanted. It’s like that in dozens upon dozens of games that have the option to win something exclusive via a system that requires a GAMBLE. So there’s your cogent response to that.

You also noted that people have complained about egg arks before? This proves that yes, you do know something that you had stated has, in fact, been said before. You just disproved your own first “question” where you said, “nothing i said has been said before?” False.

By saying the devs brutally punish those who don’t time, you’re insinuating that they aren’t attempting to create or implement a fix for it. You’re implying that they’re just going to leave timing alone and ignore it, otherwise you wouldn’t have said they’re punishing those that cannot time.

My third paragraph has very little to do with you. It’s stating something in general. Most of the complaints are negative without any constructive criticism how to fix it. You may have included something at the end to perk your complaint back up, but the overall attitude of your post was negative.

You mention that the devs are delaying the update. While that is true, you do realize they’re recoding nearly 50% of the game, correct? If you weren’t aware, the topic is here: http://www.hunterislandforum.com/index.php/topic/2235-hunter-island-fix-and-new-game/. Would you rather them implement the fix in one system and then have it possibly be flawed, then they’d have to go back and fix that, and then rewrite it AGAIN in a new language with the possibility of something else getting mixed up? They’re trying to do what they can in the quickest way possible – to keep it in a single system.

I may be no business person, but I sure have a lot of common sense.

A thing to note however is that unreleased arks are way more powerful than most already released ones & everyone will have the same chance of getting S grade for them.

Once they’re released, most people won’t use the arks they are currently use, at least half of them will consist of the unreleased…

You won’t see much of a gap other than pvp & even that most players have some access to the egg arks & most arks can still be countered, & many of the timers have stopped pvp-ing too.

I don’t think this is something to be worried about. Finding & trying different strategy for pvp, maybe farming for more rares are of better solutions…

& in no way they are punishing those that don’t have access to egg arks, in fact they are doing the opposites, half of these egg arks have been released as OM prizes & I am sure most, if not all of them will before the update…