This game has died out

By the way, where are people seeing that the game is dying? Where’s the data on this? Looks to me like it’s 91st in the top charts, and I’ve seen it down by 150 a week or so ago.

So it looks like it’s actually doing a lot better than when I last checked… 

Good counter.

I think he was referring to old players - they dont have any motivation to play. PVP full of glitches, OM is only once every week & no new content. Of course being top 100 app, people will keep downloading it.

We can see it dying from the lack of people in public pvp, active people on chat, active people on the forum, etc.

If more new players come than there are old players leaving, the game is certainly not dying.

It’s quite natural for players to come and go. Players who truly like the game are going to patiently wait for the update. If they leave, even despite knowing there’s an update coming to fix this, then they probably wouldn’t have played very long anyway.

PvP isn’t an accurate measure of PvP. People may stop PvPing until the update because they’re sick of losing, but that doesn’t mean they stopped playing the game.

Perhaps a better name for this topic would have been: PvP has died out, in which case that may be correct but should be fixed after the update.

Forum doesn’t seem substantially different from before, I still see nearly 100 people on at times. And that’s about the best we’ve done. 

As a player who kinda stopped playing because of the missing endgame content (i’m not talking about repetitive things like farming, that’s no endgame content for me) I can say this game gets boring too fast.

And the biggest problem and this is(!) actually the devs fault , they just doesn’t want to hear the opinions of the people actually playing the game, you beta testers have some kind of influence but you are all like oh this is the best game ever and you spend hours of your real life on some topics or lists or wikis which makes the game more playable and fun for the others players which is great but you just don’t realize that you make the game more fun with that which is actually the devs work and you don’t get anything for it just many thanks from users (which is a cool thing, because you get a lot of players playing this game and enjoying this game including myself a month ago) and maybe another beta invite for the next updates and games.

It would be very simple to improve the fun of this game there are many suggestions in this forum which are awesome but the devs don’t pay any interest to that, I myself wrote them directly, I did via facebook when DI had some boring parts and I did even write them private in this forum and all you get back is the typical “we look into it…” which means to me “yeah we kinda read your text but no it’s crap and we are doing our thing program your own game if you are so good at making ideas”

You can’t blame the devs for doing it the way they wanted it or planned it for a whole year or something, programing is a lot of hard work but the game idea and they way this game just works is genius and you could make so much more out of it but to me it doesn’t seem like the devs aren’t really interested in making 1 game awesome instead of just putting 1 game every year on the market and see how much profit you can get out of it. Coming to profit…

…Nowadays you just can’t give a game to the mobile gaming crowd which lasts forever because of repetitive farming (for rank S or hatchlings or that 1million pvp rating) so you got to make it faster , more content so every 2 or 3 months all players have to reach complete new things and accomplish more quest or other things.
It’s just a fact that this game makes heaven a lot of fun until you finished the last quest and you realize now there is just tons of farming in every way without getting anything which is worth the time (as a mobile player you just don’t spend the same time or you are not willingly to spend the same amount of time to reach something like a pc, xbox or playstation player does).

Also it’s not good to give players the option of InApp purchases which just feel like you got robbed (i paid 20€ and i got !nothing! really nothing, i could buy the whole top 20 in the Appstore for that amount of money)

Another thing is the devs already announced the next game so instead of putting all work into this game they try to develop the next game, with that you just can’t produce new content very fast and this will influence the experience of HI definitely, because they want us players to farm months over months for pvp and rank S arcs etc… but at the same time they say in around 12 months there will be a new game just like this one (and if you compare HI to DI, the devs kinda learned from their mistakes in DI which means CI will have some more content too leading to the problem that you finish HI and CI comes out with even better stuff to do, why should I play HI then and farm for so long time)

So now you have an opinion from a casual player who plays every genre and had a lot of fun back in the days with pokemon and played this game and DI for the reason that it’s a similar system which makes a lot of fun, I hope I stayed obejective on this post atleast I tried to and please don’t get offended if some things sound offensive I don’t know the devs personally and I don’t know you guys in real life so I’m not here to judge anyone personally but I wanted to state some things which attracted attention to me while I played this game.

…they do listen and read this forum and they do listen to the players say. It’s not like they blow us all off but its hard to do two projects at once.

listening is another thing than actually caring, thinking and enforcing the idea and implementing it into the game, the only 2 things I can remember which got implemented because of some users are the Online Mission policy (A and B pool) which is still kinda not the point which was/is bad about online missions and the other thing was the tournament system in DI (I can’t even tell if this was an idea from an user or the devs idea but it came with the update and was quite nice)

and if it’s that hard to do two projects at once then just don’t do it and concentrate on one project it’s not like they get forced from a big company to develop new games like for example EA does.

Yea I haven’t touched HI in 3 weeks and I deleted it yesterday. It got really tiring waiting for updates.

I play once a week for OM. Maybe if PVP awards weren’t so impossibly far away or I didn’t see the same PVP team each time I do it, I’d play more. Even then, this game is fun and is a steal at 99 cents. Devs have made a great foundation, there’s just an issue with end game content and lack of updates.

What makes you think the developers aren’t planning on implementing many of the suggested features? One thing about programming is it takes time. They have a large to-do list of features to code in, but you can’t do it that fast.

Furthermore, Apple takes its sweet time to approve updates. One of the downsides to developing for iOS, but players need to understand that much of the wait is also due to Apple.

Do you really think they would be content with just making one game? They want to challenge themselves like I imagine most people would.

It’s not like they’re sitting there on their hands doing nothing. As Ashley said, it takes time to code on top of Apple being an absolutely useless company

I’ll be honest: I only play Hunter Island on road trips now. 

Saying that, I also need to say that I feel as if, if I play Hunter Island, I’d get into it. Quickly. This is because I make multiple save files, each with a different goal. Complete the story with mainly air-only arks, complete the story with 5.0- arks, etc etc. I’m not saying this from a moderator’s point of view, and I’m not saying this from a beta tester’s point of view. I’m saying this from my point of view.

I don’t think “boring” is the correct term, at least to me. “Not much to do after you finish the storyline” seems much more accurate. What’s the difference? If I start a new save and do the story again, it’s not boring, to me. And I also never touch PvP, so I don’t know what to say to that.

They (developers) seem to have quite a lot of stuff planned in their update. As said, the update was predicted to release next week? Maybe next two weeks? It sounds like a long time but it’s only 7-14 days, y’all, which is only 24 hours each. It’s not like you have nothing else to do while waiting for the update. Go excercise, do your homework, go to school, go to work, cook, eat, drink, sleep, read books, play other games, and so on.

In my opinion, if people want to leave… fine. Leave. No one’s making them stay here. In fact, no one should try to make them stay. Some people simply don’t find joy in games like Hunter Island and that’s perfectly okay. But it’s one thing to leave because you dislike the game itself and another thing to leave because you won’t give it a chance.

Maybe you expected Hunter Island to be more like Pokemon. Maybe you didn’t like the 3 ark battles, or maybe you really hated how it’s designed or something. The general idea of this game won’t change. That’s what makes it Hunter Island. So yes, if you dislike those things, I believe you are leaving with good reason. 

But say you just don’t like PvP. You think it’s unbalanced. You hate OM, because it’s unfair. So you decide to leave.

Now there are two ways I see this: okay and not okay.

Okay in the case that you plan to take a break and maybe come back later, to give it another chance. 

Not okay in the case you just label the game boring, bad, unbalanced, terrible, and never give it another chance. Ever.

I don’t think a lot of people are leaving permanently. So this is only for the people who do. 

Bottom line: If you need a break, take it. But if you’re leaving permanently just because Hunter Island is unbalanced, I don’t think you’re being fair to it. Give it another chance. You can’t expect everything to be perfect right when it’s released. 

Actually, I LOVE joining games that are new. Quite frankly, it’s beautiful to see how a game develops and improves from its release, despite all the lag. And crashes. And performance issues. And game play balance.

Because that’s just how it is, right? You learn from your mistakes. Let these people have a chance to set things right before you leave forever.

I can ramble on forever, but for y’all’s sake, I need to stop. x>

Just my two cents!

1 Like

And Kooks wins the thread.

*applauds*

The Devs do read and listen to people. If you are going to complain there is no new content out then maybe you should read into how this stuff works. 

for one the only thing the Devs can add into the game are things like the Online Missions because that takes place on their server and they do not need Apple for that. The Devs give out a new OM every weekend don’t they? so they are doing their job.

The Devs can’t make Apple do their job any faster. Also you have to understand there are 100s of games on the itunes store + other apps Apple can’t just quickly get around to everything. We don’t have an idea when the update will be out but it should be soon.

You guys can complain all you want but you are just wasting your breath. We can’t make Apple go any faster and this is not the Devs fault. 

The Devs submitted the game to apple about two weeks before Christmas so they did their part. 

Also don’t say the Devs don’t listen or care about peoples suggestions. They might not reply to suggestions and that stuff but that does not mean they don’t read and pay attention to the suggestions. 

Just because they don’t reply to every topic saying Ok we are adding this and that and that. It does not mean they don’t use some suggestions and take ideas into the game.

Now the update will be out whenever Apple puts it out. You guys can post 10 , 20 , 100 topics asking about the update it will not make it happen any faster.

If you are getting bored of the game then just take a 2-3 week break from it and start again after the update is out.

otherwise just play the game and try to realize how this works and that it is not easy for the Devs to make everyone happy. They are doing their best and if you can’t understand how a game company works and what hard work it takes to add in content to games then you should not really complain. 

I personally think we should necro that old complaint thread, pin it, and let everyone complain to their hearts’ content. That way the people who don’t want to see complaints can just ignore the topic, the people who enjoy reading complaints can read the topic, and the people who actually complain can complain in the topic.

I don’t mean to say all ideas should go into that complaint topic. Just the complaining about what has already been addressed.

AKA:

The update is taking too slow!

PvP is unbalanced!

OM is unfair!

The gold eggs need to be fixed!

The devs aren’t listening to us!

Stego needs to be nerfed!

Etcetc.

Ya know. The stuff that has been mentioned one million times already, but people are still frustrated about? Yeah, don’t worry guys, I still randomly rant about something that happened two years ago or something. You ain’t alone. I’ll probably join you in complaining. It’s my second language, practically. 

1 Like

Or tell them all to send emails to Apple…

That is the epitome of a perfect plan.

1 Like

The problem is they just finished this game, players are getting bored from no new content. However the debs are trying illmgive them that they are trying to add but they are dumb for trying to make the next game already hi has a huge fan base keep them happy the debs are just money hungry they really don’t give two * about the players and the mods are trying to cover it just my 2 cents.

You can’t possibly use the argument that they don’t care about their players simply because they’re making another game. They can continue to work on Hunter Island while making another game quite easily. You should be happy they’re planning on updating the game. They could have chosen to work on the new game without updating Hunter Island. 

Okay, this is what aggravates me

The mods sit here and try to keep the peace and this stupid conspiracy theory comes up

“The mods are the puppets of the Devs”

“Every staff member is a tool”

There is no conspiracy theory. There are rules the mods must follow that are slightly different but we are exactly like you guys: posters and players of games developed by ZigZaGames.

We have no special arrangements, no special permissions, no extra knowledge. We learn things at the same time, at the same rate as you guys do.

We are part of the regular masses like you

Everyone of the mods volunteered because we wanted to see a happy, healthy, friendly community and we’ve tried, sometimes not in the best way but we’ve tried. We take time out of our days and nights to keep the forum healthy and we do it because we want ZigZaGames to succeed and each of its games to succeed.

We should try to believe in what ZigZagames is trying to make and accomplish (and that’s not being money hungry, so drop that stupid argument. You know as well as I do that everyone who works hard on something should receive compensation for it. They felt that the product was fantastic as did the beta testers and some of the problems that came up were unforeseen and the coding couldn’t handle it. It happens.).

Knock it off with the conspiracy theories. Quit being negative. And let’s enjoy the game.

If you’re looking for something to do, go through the story with an all air team (thanks Kooks), using a limited amount of arks, etc.

I know you want the update but you will just have to wait

Few things here.

1. we try to make games with an end, with optional things to do, which we agree needs a lot more work, and we are working on them. But we are not big fans of never ending freemium games. It sounds like a lot of your opinions will take the game there, online only games with constant timers and waiting. 

2. as for the update, sorry its late, we are going back and forth, fixing a few things here and there. please understand that our worst nightmare is getting an update out there with a critical bug.

3. new content every 2-3 months is amazing. it might be the genre, i cant imagine rpgs being able to pull this off, unless its a simple freemium rpg.