Rant about this obnoxious monster

Angelion.

The pure existense of cash grab and a counter to top 3 strategies mixed with a sweeper move and a reviver. (Also for some reason too tanky for how much damage he does)

I don’t understand a monster with multi-purpose that cover 90% of the monsters is still untouched ever since its release. (I’m gonna ignore the sleep immune change to insomnia because that was a nerf to one on one combos instead of a direct hit to him at all). He actually got buffed because of the increase damage that has been done to retribution long time ago.

As long as this guy exists, we are not allowed to have fun or experiment in pvp. Either you build a team that he can not touch (AP spam ducy) or you build a team with him.

I despise his existense. Anybody who plays him and says they are “testing stuff out”, then you ain’t testing sh*t lmao.

2 Likes

Ooh, I’m sure you hit a hard spot for most of the neo community there bud.
However, I don’t have Angelion so I’ll respect your opinion

1 Like

Yes angelion is the problem of current meta🤦‍♂️

1 Like

I constantly run OoO teams and although Lion is a hard counter to my lineup, I usually have no problem against it. However, I agree that either the defense or ATK should be lowered.

2 Likes

it’s crazy how one monster counters: sleep, poison, and stun. it just gives no incentive of actually thinking what your opponent might have. “just run this and you will be fine”.

Im glad someone else also realised how much damage he can do for having a very tanky butt.

The only thing I would adjust with Lion is his tankiness. I like all his moves and passives.

2 Likes

Angelion is a problem to every meta.

He literally counters sleep-posion-stun all at the same time. Thats why players depend on other strategies like ap spam, link water, void those that lion cant counter and have a decent chance vs him.

By removing lion from the game it will create a different meta. I expect posion or OoO will be the dominant if no lion exists

Its not like lion is a strategy that you can build monsters around like ap spam or void he simply counters everything on his own

1 Like

I’m a strong defender of any monster that is both viable and counters a number of strategies. I think these things help keep OP strategies under control fairly well, even if it’s just one monster which not enough people have.

However, Angelion has that AND has incredible sweeping power with some combo potential. Speaking impartially (Angelion owner since day 1 here) I do think it has too much to offer.

Previously I’ve defended it by saying it’s not a hard counter to anything except stun. However, it really does have too much sweeping power considering everything else. For PvE I wouldn’t change a thing but the dominance it has in PvP is very clear. I’d love for it to have its stats changed so it can be killed more easily. A weakness to chrono killer is not enough.

However, with all that said the game is built well enough that one powerhouse of a monster does not break games and with the sheer power of some mythics it does give some perspective on Angelion as an ideal PvP monster but not one that’s harmful to the game like monsters with horrible moves like sleep all, auto-protect and other things which have come to light recently.

1 Like

Just say that you hate Stags guts lol

For me Horrible moves are piercing moves. But the Ultimate horrible move that should never have been invented and should be removed from this game is Tortogiest’s disgusting passive “spirit possession”. That thing kills everything regardless of shield or hold ground but to top it off it copies that monster just to rub it in your face. What a nightmare passive…

Hang on hang on. Honourable mention goes to Goldtails sleep move. And slug beckies sleep all passive. Can’t forget Malwings passive:)

2 Likes

How is Auto protect harmful to the community? I understand sleep all but AP is the actual reason in this pvp “OP strategies” are not in-check. It actually allows more turn-based game instead of seeing who can get their sweeping combo off. We can argue about AP all day but let’s go back angelion.

I understand why you think angelion is okey to have in our meta but the thing is, I remember you saying you simply hate the idea of floodgate monsters (we were talking about the dragon that has gravity field and time freeze) but how is it any different than angelion which stop your opponent playing: stun, poison, and sleep. (Now I know it doesn’t straight up stop you from poisoning and sleeping other monsters but a smart player will utulise the monster’s full potential instead mindlessly purify all’ing just to pass time)

Overall, there are better ways to keep meta’s in check like harleking, geo (backstap legendary), and ducy stop motordragon from being abusable, angelion also should be able to do one thing or if you play dracorosa to counter poison teams, etc…

1 Like

Angelion just needs a small dialing back of defense stat. Chrono killer should kill him every time and we’ll be good

5 Likes

Change blood fury to bloodthirsty and he fine

Don’t get too caught up over me mentioning Sanctistag. I had to think of an example of something which is really harmful to the game and tbh things like Sanctistag in the front line are really irritating for many people to face. While Angelion is extremely powerful I don’t think it’s harmful in quite the same way some other things are.

Point is I think that after a lot of thought Angelion does have a bit too much to offer and something very small like reducing its defence would make it a lot more balanced. Right now it’s a monster which ticks too many boxes. I HATE power creep and a monster like Angelion may encourage it. However, I am still a strong believer in the Devs occasionally creating an all-rounder monster that counters many popular strategies and is viable in most teams. It helps keep the game healthy by keeping things in check and giving people a great way to give their team some versatility.

Yes I agree. I’ve been saying for a while along with many others that the only “Nerf” Lion needs is less defense. But Killerdog it’s ridiculous to describe Auto-protect as something horrible.

The RNG of Auto-protect is horrible. That’s it. Stag will be easily dealt with without the RNG. People think we will see true team building skills if there was no Auto-protect. Lol I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again the only thing we will see is a Meta of fast sweepers. The game will become a 100 metre sprint. Auto protect is actually good strategy when used appropriately. Mark my words, If the devs Nerf it more than just RNG. This game will start becoming truly brain dead. People with slow sweepers will be screwed. It’s gonna be a matter of first in best dressed=boring.

angelion regalion shuts down 90% of strategies.

1 Like

Angelion represents the Gilded Age of Neo. An era of Malwing, Sobe, Jag, Magma, Angel. An era of OP money grabs and power creeps preceeding the hilarious ridiculousness of mythics. A Neo historian might contend that BB signaled the start of this era and Angel fulfilled it.

Monsters were never so powerful as late 2017 through 2018.

Now we have mythics that hide behind their pay walls up in their tall ivory towers - guarded by impossible odds. Monsters that on paper seem OP but in practice require thousands of dollars to be worthy of a top tier PvP team (gold/gear and auro/DR still own PvE). Monsters that fail to practice what their title preaches.

Angel is undeniably opaf (over powered as
f[udge]). A hard counter to poison sleep and stun that never should have been made. Not at 6 star 16 cost or 7 star 18 cost. Add in the fact that its tanky as f[udge] and it becomes even more absurd. Add in its ability to clear dead weight, steal an opponent and charge a blood move and it becomes abso[fudg]inglutely absurd.

Even with the insomnia nerf its still too much.

Anyone who argues to the contrary is like a corrupt businessman bribing congress to keep their sad loophole in tact.

Reduce its defense, or make it blood thirst, or take away purify all. But as it is it counters stun, purifies sleep and poison, steals the enemy, charges bloodcrave, and survives most chrono killers. Its an offensive supporting tank. Toooooo toooooo much for one monster slot.

2 Likes

I forgot about purify all. Can’t believe how such a simple move is so powerful on Lion. It’s True. Often used to remove stealth as well. Turns the tide more times than it should with that one simple move.

1 Like

So why not reduce the defense, and change it so it doesn’t charge his blood move with his secret skill? He’d still counter everything well, just wouldn’t be quite as easy to charge as a sweeper. Just my thoughts

Raw bloodfury = raw bloodthrist
Defense lowered.
Purify all restricted to 1-2 uses.

And that should balance him out even then he would still be op.

1 Like

All I could read in this post was “i think this monster is too strong but i have it so shouldn’t nerf”

6 Likes