Angelion

I think everyone agrees this is one of the most hated mons of the game, this monster is a whole tactic by itself in lower tiers like mine, as soon as it enters the battle I can stop hoping to win, recently an Angelion took out half of my team by itself, I can’t block it’s attack when using the RAW move, I don’t know how to play against this, are there any tips to fight against it?

There’s already been at least a couple threads about this guy lol… the best way to deal with him by far is with chrono killer. His stats recently got altered to a more offensive build, thus taking away his ability to tank it. Sear, chrome, cyclo, stuff like that can immediately bring angel down in one hit. If you’re afraid of him sitting behind a protector, then you can either pair your chrono killer with a protect counter such as robin, shadow or Drakion, or use a monster with “Time’s up”, a.k.a. Double chrono killer, if you happen to have one.

Searguard kills it . Just use that SE before ur stuns and u should be good

2 Likes

This. There are so many ways to deal with angelion even after nerfing his defense stats. He is securely one shot by any chrono killer and if there are AP on the field there are as well a lot more counters to that and he can’t use his raw move. Another I don’t know what to do please nerf angelion thread for the x-th time. ZzZ

Dont have your chrono killers at fl.

More and more players are using dusc followed by lion for shield.

Rexotyrant is my only chrono killer atm, but I’m not really have a huge problem with Angelion. 2 strong AOE attacks usually deal with it. My bane right now is that Scorpion.

Before I got Angelion I still didn’t mind it. It’s stronger but it has hits counters and if you know it’s coming it’s easy to deal with. Chronokiller wrecks it. If there’s a protector stopping it then it can’t use it’s blood move

Thankfully it has lower defense now. What monsters do you have? Searguard as ProfessorOak mentioned is excellent. That’s a 5 star monster. I hope the devs feature it again for newer players to obtain.

Also don’t have a lot of stun close together. Angelion makes you pay for that.

I could’ve sworn that Searguard was available in the ticket shop.

1 Like

I just double checked. He isn’t.

Seems like I’ve got a problem, I don’t have any of the Chrono Killers.

Give it time. Searguard is SE so should come round soon enough

It happens again, this time it was worse, my opponent had only 6 left, I‘ve got 9, his Angelion wiped out my team alone. I really need a tactic against it.

1 Like

Don’t stagger your stun one after another.

Dealing with angelion without chrono killer… that’s gotta suck. If he’s not being run with a protector then he’s gotta be wide open… so I’d recommend using critical moves whose conditions do not rely on the opponent. Examples being confident strike, throw, faststrike and retribution. Slayerbane could do the job too, shutting angel down if he’s already gotten his streak started.

The only Chrono killer I’ve had is rexotyrant. Just hatched Ashterios and though I dont have alot of strong fire mons outside of Deodragon and Kamishogun, I’m running it almost strictly for the Chrono killer to deal with Angelions, Leogeist and give turn shenanigans

I always thought some catchable monster should have chrono killer. It wouldn’t even be OP if the monster didn’t have a blood move. The move just is so important because literally every team has chrono targets. If it helps you at all @Keoz I struggled a long time with this same problem. Just save your gems and hope for Dolphreeze/Raizen/Xyz/Searguard drops. Ashterios works too. In the meantime you can run disruption aka repulse and knockback skills to limit the damage. Don’t have a lot of stunning entrance monsters in your team and never close to each other.

1 Like

Reducing his defense was a good move by the devs now its time to change his bloodfury to bloodthrist or change counter to converter.

3 Likes

Angelion has already been nerfed so much, from sleep immunity to insomnia, the nerf to soul exchange and its stats, just leave the monster alone, angelion is easier to deal with than most people think. Changing stun counter will completely kill the monster.

3 Likes

Soul exchange nerf?