mythical buff thread (long thread where long and detailed boring comments are appreciated)

As a general point, I want to say exactly what Exu said above. I’d say fix a monster if it needs fixing but don’t buff it purely because there are other monsters which are stronger or, say, legendaries that are stronger than it (an overlap between legendaries and mythics is healthy for the game).

A really key point about this “I don’t ever see it used in awakened form” is that many people don’t own them awakened. Auraleus is in the standard egg pool so lots of people have hatched it 1-2 times from the rare egg. It’s become quite popular recently so we see the people who own it using it. The awakened form is definitely better. We saw this with Kuromasa too… lots of second forms being used when people copied the Leogeist inspire combo.

As for specific mythics that have been brought up…

Mythics that could be buffed (mostly in very small ways):

Onyxia - yes the moveset is not the best but the two passives and SS are extremely good so I think the moveset is totally fine. What it needs is a defence increase, so it doesn’t die so easily to toxic/chrono killer. Then it can work as stun protection better and the healing move is naturally stronger.

Auraleus - mentioned above, only used lots in second form because people don’t have it awakened. It’s a far better counter to stun in awakened form. It could probably have the SS TU reduced from 200 to 160. When they reduced the energy charge TU from 100 to 70 on all monsters they didn’t change this SS.

Tyrfina - I think this is a monster that people haven’t seen enough. There are some odd perspectives being written about it. @Exu Bloodcrush nearly one-shots with just one kill, similar to Dragulus’ bloodthirst. In practice you get one kill with punish then use bloodcrush from there. With high speed and instant overwatch she’s very reliable for doing her moves and disrupting the enemy team’s aggression (with punish, purifying mist and the diamonoid). The only thing I’d do is make her purifying mist 100TU so she’s got a stronger move when her offence isn’t available.

Medbie - I’d definitely be up for buffing this. My suggestion (written here) is to change the bluff passive into “bluff or check” where if your have more remaining monsters than the opponent she enters with a shield.

Lucifelle - I love the idea by @Tavaray to give 2nd form Lucifelle fillicide and awakened form a better version of the move. I think it should be a 100TU double fillicide (normal fillicide becomes 70TU). That will make it a heavy punish to anything that isn’t final form and immediately give her the two kills needed for double bloodthirst. The move rarely finds targets so I think this would not be too strong.

Mythics that do not need buffing:

Excaliburdragon - really underrated, I think because it was much worse when it came out. Crescendo dance charges it very quickly so all you need is a single give turn and it’ll be a 42TU piercing sweeper for you in very little time at all. I can’t remember the exact numbers but after one crescendo dance it does something like 2.5k+ damage with crescendo slash. It’s got stun pulse for a bit of instant impact and I think it’s wrong to say it’s weaker than Polaboss.

Plumesilisk - super strong in PvP. It’s a tanky stun absorber that protects raw monsters. Don’t underrate it!

Lime - perfectly fine now. It’s very unique and not strong.

Noircyon - a bit of an odd monster because it’s all about killing your teammates for spiritwyrms. I think it’s a monster the Devs will buff later on because it won’t be used enough. It’s not a monster that desperately needs buffing and people might find a use for it.

Persephia - already buffed multiple times and is fine, just not that strong.

XYZ-999L - had a number of buffs already and very strong, just has some risks involved.

Rodeknight - definitely fine now since getting revenge breaker, nicely balanced.

4 Likes

I believe I tested her in a Mythic colosseum and already thought “Confident strike would be so much better for this monster”, probably because I like Lionheart a lot. From the Brink is the perfect setup for it. Punish is a good move but I disliked Bloodcrush, probably for its high TU.

However, I don’t think she is among the top candidates for buffs.

:expressionless:

No offense but these threads usually don’t work because people don’t understand that

A.) Not everything can be S Tier. A game balance needs bad monsters. Even if we would buff all monsters to S+ level we would get to a point where some monsters will still outclass others and after a while we would at the exact point we were before the buff but the game would be a lot more frustrating.

B.) Not every monster is designed for PvP, not every monster is designed for top level PvP and

C.) the purpose of buffs isn’t to turn stuff you’re not happy with into monsters you like. Honestly everybody who suggests a buff should write some kind of full disclosure on how many of the monsters you want to get buffed you actually own. This would make this debate a lot more honest. Instead it’s mostly people acting like they are interested in the greater good in the game when they actually just want their own monsters to get better.

Oh, it’s the same with nerf threads by the way: Main reason for people wanting to get stuff nerfed is that these monsters make the nerf requesting people lose.

10 Likes

Let’s all learn from MementoMori which was upfront about buffing monsters he owned. A paragon of honesty.

My favorite part is when people roll for monsters, then realize they are trash and then ask for a buff like they were getting betrayed by some hidden evil force who forced them into rolling and the devs have some kind of moral obligation to buff the monsters now.

Reading a moveset before rolling helps. At least that’s what I heard.

3 Likes

It helps if you think about it at all before spamming roll

Usually it’s fairly easy to see whether the commenter owns the monster or not :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Or if the player has touched pvp more than twice in the past month

Lucifelle has excessive force all his attacks ignore shield and hold ground😐

I love that very good idea, it is just what she needs I hope you take it Seriously
@Dev_VKC

I think it would be nice if they gave her Backbite 70 TU so it would be much easier to activate his Blood Shredding

1 Like

in case I did not read my name, I am f2p, I believe the thread and I do not have any of these, and I am quite far from awakening, I would not spend a gem on these monsters either so I do not understand, it is as if you accuse me of wanting to empower my monsters when in Actually, I’m not remotely close to having these, if I suggested it, it’s because I prefer that these monsters have a function and I ask for it based on the other users of these, not on me.

I think that’s too much tbh
If it is 5/10/15. It would be better.
At atleast it should be enough to make a monster whose is +9 entrance seems like a normal monster without pots

1 Like

Do you feel Lilithia could use a boost?

Not really. She’s got powerful moves and max defence. None of the moves stand out as weak, it’s just they’re all conditional so in practice she’s not as good “overall” as other mythics. She seems like a nicely balanced monster which will perform very well sometimes and mediocre other times. People know what they’re getting in for when they use her. If a particular move was weak or she had low defence I might recommend that bit gets buffed… but that’s not the case.

I said i forgot

Yeah, if they buffed it to daunt field with 5/10/15 tu instead of 25tu, it would only be one of the strongest mythics in the game instead of being the strongest mythic (by a lot).

1 Like

Dreaded Wave doesn’t awake anyone, is studied to keep sleep there.

This is the way bigger BS that is around from ages and I am surprised how a mod can even say that.

I faced this “accusation” myself many many times, and is time to stop it in my opinion.

Nerf threads exist simply because there are monsters that need nerf.
People DON’T ask for nerf when they lose, ask for nerf when they find certain mechanics unfair.

1 Like