mythical buff thread (long thread where long and detailed boring comments are appreciated)

I try to only ask for nerfs to mons that I still think I’d want nerfed even if I owned it myself. A current example for me would be g.f sunflower

2 Likes

I own every monster I ask for nerf, so I agree with this.

But people still think that is not hard on me because I do have a ton of other options.

Well regardless how many options I have you can see immediately when I don’t find something fair, because I don’t run it.

Ex: I didn’t run Canis back in times, I don’t run Lemon, Cynthia and other mythics I find a bit “unfair” for the community.

1 Like

beautiful comment, many should follow your example and stop making unfair accusations, I don’t even have those mythical ones for which I ask for benefit

with jasmine it’s a headache, I thought in this update I would be nerfed, but they gave nerf Lemon in second form so I can’t complain, I hope that meta disappears for the next update

1 Like

I agree that in the case of this thread it was unwarranted and misused. The buff ideas in this thread have felt very genuine, just with a mixture of good stuff and some where the people talking don’t seem to fully know/appreciate the power of some movesets (which is perfectly fine - it’s going to happen, especially for mythics because we’ve barely seen them in battles or got to play with them).

However, in a lot of cases buff/nerf threads have been filled with personal bias… usually right from the outset with the creator of the thread.

I wish it hadn’t been brought up in this thread because people were all writing very nicely about mythics they thought should be better. There weren’t really any crazy ideas.

6 Likes

Yes lemon meta It was so annoying(personal opinion). Let’s not deviate from the topic

1 Like

Yes this thread is very nice, is not nice to accuse people without knowing real reasons after a thread.

Hence that let’s carry on with the topic.

In the future I’ll still make threads no matter what people think about me. I know I do it genuinely.

3 Likes

Yes but usually the point of a sleep strategy is eliminating monsters one by one so if you keep using it, there will be a point where you let many monsters enter at the same time and risk ruining everything.

This is unfortunately not true. Probably at least half of nerf threads are started with a personal benefit in mind, which oftentimes can in turn be beneficial to the whole community even if the OP didn’t think that far at first.

I will admit straight away that I was very annoyed when Scorpiogeist was nerfed. It was the first time I had access to a S+ monster and felt like it was powerful but not overly so. Turns out the position I was playing him in wasn’t optimal and he was borderline unbeatable in the endgame. And finally I realized myself that the nerf was completely justified. Sometimes we are biased by our own experiences.

And, with all due respect, having read multiple of your threads over a few years, even your views haven’t always been unselfish!

1 Like

Well, when I create a thread of whatever it is, keep in mind that I do it for the common good and not personal, and take into account that if I wanted to polish some anagram of my own I would say that I want to polish this monster because I do not feel that it is right and not It works for me, but I would never disguise it in a thread for the common good, I hope this serves as a reference for my future threads

Easier said than done.

I apologize for my cynicism and I know this derails the thread a bit but I’ll say this final thing.

Go have a look at your own post history. You will find something like “PvP limitations have changed and my team is ruined again”. You say you do stuff for the common good but in this case for example it clearly seems you have your own benefit in mind at first.

I will rest my case.

I don’t blame you for doing it, I believe we all have done it sometimes. But don’t pretend you “always” have only the common good in mind.

1 Like

Can you mention an example?

If you think you are fair, you should not express too many opinions .
In fact, the game doesn’t need polishing, but nerf is necessary

Do I have to?

I was totally sincere on that topic I showed my limited team and monsters and I specified if you check the comments that I hate limitations because they restrict my creativity and I said that I hate this and any other even if I don’t have a limited solo I was totally sincere, but apparently I don’t appreciate, and we are going to leave the subject that I do not want this to become a subject of pvp limitations

If you say so, I don’t have to prove it, facts speak louder than words and I have always been sincere in the forum about what it is for my personal interest and what not, I have never been false

You should have done it from the moment you accused him

To put this to an end:

Nobody acts solely for the greater good. If you think you do you’re lying to yourself and you should learn about implicit and unconscious bias. It’s basically common sense in psychology since more than 30 years that acting “unbiased” isn’t possible.

I believe that the majority of the users here have honest/the best intentions in mind when they start a thread. Still, they are biased. Same goes for me. Have I ever been unbiased when I wanted to get stuff buffed or nerfed? Definitely not. I don’t know why it’s such a big deal for people to simply accept they are biased. It’s completely normal. One of the reasons @Killerdog Tier List works so well is because he’s aware of his own bias and tries to actively take that into account when rating monsters.

First step to get out of the bias trap is to accept the bias and think about how you can act against it.

6 Likes

Wise words sensei :raised_hands:

1 Like

Very well said. Exactly what I thought and you found the right words!

1 Like

Didn’t you threaten to ban me, when I said the same thing to another user?.. I called out your bias and you got upset.