Monsters that need buffs (input needed)

You guys mean slayerbane?

That’s exactly why I did the small paragraph at the end of talking about Meta, then Sweet. Paragraph or two on evidence then one short paragraph saying what I want :wink:

I don’t actually have Prisma but I’ve seen him around and used him lots in biweekly. I know he has his limitations and people forever moan about his low damage. People still haven’t told me exactly how much damage it does in PvP… I’d love to hear how much it does when one opponent has got a kill and then when both opponents have got a kill.

Whenever people talk about Prisma I always get the feeling they just want it to one-shot. One-shotting two monsters on its first turn at 60% speed with a shield entrance would be too powerful. It’s balanced right now and maybe the problem is more that it doesn’t play into any super strong strategies?

If stun wasn’t around so much I’d say use Prisma alongside Shurikaizer and retribution monsters. I bet that would let you sweep through some of the enemy team.

With stealth being more present with all the recent buff and zhu introduction, prisma is not having a fun time. And slayer damage feels really inconsistent, sometimes you feel like you’re going to kill and it doesn’t and sometimes with one kill both die. The ss is would be nice but link holy isn’t really offensive and building around that is though, the tu is high and it doesn’t have the damage increase that peng has due to his passive.

Life flip friend, never got tu use it. 

The TU of link slayerbane all is only 100, as opposed to the 200 which Peng has. Peng deals ~3500 if one monster has a kill, ~5200 if two monsters do. Prisma deals ~3000 and ~4400 respectively I think. The main thing is Peng hits through hold ground.

I agree that stealth is a huge counter to Prisma but there are loads of monsters out there with sweeping moves that hit 2+ targets. Just look at how poor Jingle does when they can stealth their team! Why is Prisma always singled out so much? (rhetorical)

I often hear “slayerbane damage feels really inconsistent”. If you’re using a monster with 5100 strength then slayerbane deals ~3000 damage to an enemy who has done one kill and has average defence. If they’ve done two kills I think it might still do 3000. It’s at either two or three kills that it becomes 4400 damage instead. The confusion might be that it’s 3+ kills rather than the 2+ we’d expect. As for slayerbane all I believe it only takes into account HOW MANY opponents have a kill rather than a combined total of their kills. However, if a monster has 3+ kills itself it may then count twice. Therefore, if only one enemy has a kill it’s ~3000 damage, if that one enemy has two kills it’s still ~3000 damage, if it has 3 kills or there are two enemies with a kill then it becomes ~4400 damage. I don’t know the higher numbers but it will go beyond.

If anyone has run tests and can disprove anything I just wrote please say so.

Jawshank needs a secret skill

Couldn’t agree more. This is a monster which definitely needs a buff. It was the first roaring entrance monster I think and it looks like the design was very hesitant because they didn’t want it to be overpowered.

I’d vote for instant overwatch. Every move is 130TU+ and it has hold ground with cannibalise. Cost increase to only 14.

First the ss is link, holy link is literally the worst to build around. I was talking about prisma, not jingles ( he is a pill of poop ). Also peng deals more damage because of excessive force. 

Edit, sear and fang were release before shank but I do agree he deserve a ss.

Actually it was fang, then shark, then sear.

You know who else needs help? Albakhan. Seriously, this guy sucks. Protectors and stealth are the only things he’s good against(and not having excessive force alone puts him miles behind delu), no protectors or stealth, he’s got nothing. What needs to be fixed is the secret skill. Simply put, it’s a piece of trash. There’s no point in being healed, there’s no point in removing poison, and the damage is completely laughable. I haven’t even bothered to unlock it. It could be a different poison move, like dual eater(with a time restriction so he’s not another Vulcaroth) or maybe siphon, since it does more damage and keeps the poison on. Or better yet, replace both dual touch and drain with other things, so he’s not vulnerable to toxic killer. Something should happen, because I feel no motivation at all to use him over Delugazar or Icefang.

Azura need something as well. Something doesnt work for that guy but i cant put my finger on what. Maybe lower tu of bloodlust?

Instant overwatch on shark would be a great move

I guess it depends on your legendaries. I have more holy than any other element and the link team turn on Midas has given a lot of reason to go for a link holy section of your team. I don’t have Prisma but I could see him helping out in a team pretty nicely with his mixture of damage and support.

Thanks for clarification, that does sound right I remember Fang being the first now. The reason to pick Albakhan has got to be for the combo of bloodfury + stun immunity, which is brutal. He’s got a couple of ways to get the first kill he needs including dual poison touch as a very quick one if any enemy is on 1HP. I’ve seen people use him as very decent support in a poison team with that dual poison touch too. I think he’s a great monster who is balanced nicely, all apart from the pointless secret skill which should really be dual poison siphon instead. With that one change he’d be great, one of the best single-sweepers in the game! I support it but maybe Albakhan doesn’t really need it.

I think it’s because bloodlust doesn’t heal by as much as you might expect. It’s more like “get off hold ground” rather than actually healing Azura. The chance of you happening to get a turn after it’s been hit onto hold ground and you have 2 kills with the monster already is pretty low. Basically, the monster acts as a bloodthirster with hold ground and an interesting set up period which requires careful team building. It’s okay but nothing special in my opinion. Bloodlust 100TU would make the monster awesome but it’s generally alright as it is in my opinion.

Why should I use warca over boocat(Wraithhost)?

Please, give sizable buff.

Also, confident strike damage still sucks.

Swift canibalize :wink:

Prismas damage is as follows"

Link slayerbane all, zib had one kill

1952 on zib

2480 on chrome

2366 on lords

miss on mecha due to stealth

Link slayerbane all, bb had one kill

2612 on kamiwyrn

1716 on mecha

2568 on chronozeros

3381 on bb

Dual Slayerbane, Deo had 3 kills

3348 on deo

2626 on lavaronix

Dual Slayerbane, Volcamus had one kill

miss on bunker due to shield 

2418 on volcamus

Dual Slayerbane, Burns had two kills

Archseraph 2831

Burns 3825

Blood thirst. But survivor into life flip unlimited does give pause.

Agreed confident strike blooooowss.

That was the thought I had

Alright, I decided to reformat my list a little bit. Now all monsters are separated into two groups: Slight tweaks, the ones who are already kind of good but need a little more help to be effective, and Major Modifications, the ones that need drastic changes in order to get their game on. I also decided to merge Legendaries and Super Epics since the list has become reasonably small(nice job devs ). I also added Cyclozar and Albakhan to the slight tweaks group. Cyclo needs just a little more firepower so that he can actually get rid of his targets like he’s supposed to, and Albakhan needs an alternative kill option, since 60% of the time he just sits there doing nothing.

I do also want to encourage people to continue to offer up suggestions for me to add to list, to give the devs more good ideas on how to improve these monsters. Link to the list for convenience: http://www.hunterisl…s-input-needed/

It’s amazing how much of this thread we lost in the forum transition :scream:

1 Like

Sad.

I kinda feel like Warca (and his elemental counterpart) is in a dire need for a buff. He kind of lacks something. His SS is pretty “meh” compared to others. Sure, it’s nice to have that strategical option but overall, as a SS, this one is pretty “meh”.

His Moveset is kind of wonky. He barely gets to 400sek for his novablast, if ever…so his setup for bloodthrist is an issue if you don’t feed him kills.

I don’t know, I think he’s in a weird spot right now. Not “bad” but not fully useable like other mons.

Suggestions:

• Give him a decent SS like second wind for example. That way he can at least survive a bit longer without HG.
  • Or instead, give him HG, that way he would stand out as a bigger threat and doesn’t run the risk of often being oneshooted.
  • Instead of “cloak all” give him purifying mist.

Thoughts?