Extra incentive to run raw moves

No doubt AP spam has become a boring overused [RNG driven] “strategy”.

And I know there is some AP nerf coming (hope making protectors of equal strength targetable).

But perhaps adding extra incentive to running Raw sweepers would help add diversity to the teams we see.

I propose that Raw moves have a higher chance to bypass protectors.

So, that means the enemy AP drops to a 25% chance to block, enemy AP+ drops to 50% chance to block, and enemy active move protect drops to 50% chance to block.

This will make people less likely to use protectors so that they can run raw moves and gain the added advantage of raw moves, and it will decrease the advantage of running protectors for defensive purposes because raw moves will have a higher chance of bypassing them.

Or we can give raw some stun protection that isn’t weak to killer moves.
Or stick raw on things that aren’t weak to chrono killer. Give us a stun immune raw thing.

They do that, and people will complain about “muh powercreep”.

All monsters with a raw move get stun immunity when there are no ally protectors on field? I would be down for that.

3 Likes

Perhaps. No doubt X, Mini X, and LightX would complain ad nauseam.

I would like to see what the devs have in mind for the AP nerf but if thats not enough a raw nerf could be a good call.

1 Like

A while back the Devs made a thread asking if raw moves should be buffed (along with a few other things), because people didn’t seem to like them and weren’t using them much. At the time I, and many others, said they were fine with the lower TU and the general build of raw monsters having stun converter/counter was a cool, viable way of doing them.

However, now I agree that maybe buffing raw as a strategy is the right call to “nerf” the protector strategy. I think protectors will probably be getting nerfed, but if the Devs want to take an approach of buffing other things rather than nerfing something then raw is a good choice to buff.

I think something like these would make raw a fun counter to the protector strategy:

• better chance to bypass a protector
  • piercing against a protector
  • applies overwatch/shield to itself when it hits a protector
3 Likes

Actually piercing on a protector is genius. Simple. Probably easier to code (i have no idea) and no RNG (the biggest problem with my above suggestion).

And it accomplishes similar results as my desired results above. Disincentivises running protectors and added advantage to raw moves.

Devs I know you hate me but listen to your buddy KD.

2 Likes

Lol, I admire your devotion to the outcome and not the means :wink:

1 Like

Actually I regret making this post in that RAW move buff thread Killerdog mentioned.

It kinda changed the tone for that thread…I have been thinking for a long time now that RAW moves need to be buffed. Agree they need to give more benefits for the strict restriction they have. My biggest fear back then and it still is now is how incredibly powerful Angelion will be if RAW gets buffed. He will become the God of Neo. The problem is some monsters with RAW were designed in a perfectly balanced way with the move(Lion)… Some were designed not so balanced with RAW (weak Nulltron) :wink:

Well I guess to bad if Lion will become even more OP with RAW. Bring on the buffs!

Now to get more specific with the buffs.

First up completely disagree with the idea and concept to make them more likely to pass protectors. This is a negative buff. Not exciting or aggressive as RAW should be. And makes the already low protect rate for auto protect more horrible than it already is, and will make diamonds even more OP. Including any future Auto+ monsters.

I think the RAW buff should be kept completely separate from the current AP meta. Because this meta will get nerfed when the RNG is removed.
We can’t have two nerfs of the meta. I get the idea that this Nerf will replace the Nerf the devs suggested but that will extremely unfair to players that have to play against AP spam and don’t have RAW moves. They will still need to deal with the stupid RNG of AP’s. This RNG is the true evil of AP spam Meta. It’s gotta go.

The buff I suggest is a further reduction of the TU of RAW moves. Reduce them by a further 15%. This combined with the RNG being removed from AP’s will encourage more aggressive team building. That will make battles more exciting. It will hurt AP spam plenty.

IF the devs truly want to nerf AP spam by buffing RAW. Then I agree with the idea to make RAW moves piercing for Auto protectors only. Not monsters with protect moves-they aren’t the problem. They can’t do this and remove the RNG as well. That will be an Overkill. One or the other.

Good idea to raise the topic of RAW moves needing a buff @Boiler

Interesting point on angel. Its already stupid powerful nigh OP even with recent nerf. And your right that would restore it to god tier.

Glad to hear u think piercing would be a good buff.

Maybe piercing and 10% TU decrease?

Also all of the above contingent on whether devs make AP targetable.

2 Likes

It will be overpowered to have both. In fact the devs suggested making RAW moves piercing in that original thread but they said that they will INCREASE the TU of RAW moves if they did that

Piercing moves are one of the scariest things to face in neo. We also gotta think about how such a change will effect PVE. If they can Pierce our protectors we will be screwed when facing buffed RAW monsters in PVE as well. I truly believe RNG being removed from AP’s is the solution to the meta. But I still think RAW should be buffed as well. I’ll be very happy with just a TU reduction combined with RNG removal. We all know how precious tu is in PvP. It will be a BIG buff.

1 Like

Apologies, didn’t read that part when posting above. That’s fair!

You’re challenging me for the title of long posts now :wink:

The chance for auto-protect to protect is pretty high, definitely over 50%! Also, your point on it being unfair to people who don’t have raw monsters I think there are enough raw monsters out there people can pick up counters. There are a few SEs with raw moves too I think.

However, it’s great to see you agree with some kind of tweak to raw moves as a possibility to deal with APs.

I respectfully disagree that the current protect rate is high. 60% is trash. Trust me it only works good when you got two protectors on the field at the same time. Hence we need to use two valuable monster slots to get good protection. A big trade off.

If I had to deal with the terrible RNG of AP’s and I didn’t have the right RAW monsters I would be furious. It will be an unfair advantage and won’t resolve the AP spam issue. Will upset many players even more. Imagine how players that use Shadowyrm will feel?

BB is one of the best counters to AP spam. If the RNG is removed then BB will absolutely obliterate all AP spammers. His stealth bane will kill stag every time. His Chrono killer will kill Titan, Flutter Drake and Aegis every time. But if RAW is buffed to deal with the AP spam and the RNG remains he will still be unreliable as he is now against AP’s.

Another example is Cyclozar…his protector killer will still be RNG if a RAW buff is used to adjust the current meta.

All protector killer monsters will become more useless. It’s a big list!

The solution is RNG removal. But I still think RAW should be buffed with a slight TU reduction with or without the current AP spam meta.

Yeah my posts on this topic are long winded. I’ve been thinking about RAW for a long time now.

It’s so much more satisfying to go raw and not use protection…

But most people like to hide their sweepers behind APs so what can you do

1 Like

It’s a cool concept. Only thing is you need fast sweepers to pull it off…Many of us don’t have them so we got no choice but to use protection…

If everybody had fast sweepers then the meta will change yet again and start to become boring the other way. It will be a case of first in best dressed. Protectors and slow sweepers help keep the variety in the FL’s. It’s gone to the extreme at the moment that’s true though. Looking forward to devs fixing the RNG…I got some ideas for when they do that to reduce the amount of AP’s in my team and slaughter AP spam.

I like the idea of buffing raw. I’m just using diamond at the moment (sometimes one more AP) and going raw for even half your team is hard because everything is vulnerable. I buff to raw would be good. But I stand by the point that multiple AP targeting is the first thing that needs to be fixed!

I personally think raw is fine as it is.

I have been using cent for very long time and i found him very powerful especially his raw bloodcrave 59 tu.

Nova is also another monster who is being used widely but what nova lacks is that you need to build an entire team around him and even then hes not great like void-bloom when you build a team around them. I would suggest changing his timestrike to something more useful and raw bloodthrist to maybe raw bloodbite.

Null is also a great monster and was considered top untill stun absorb camouflage became a thing.

Angelion he doesnt need any buff.

Husking- he needs shield enterance and his show of power need its restriction removed.

1 Like

Nova really doesn’t need building around. The “assisted” part of his hit all is great to utilise in farming teams but for other uses (like PvP) his high speed + HG with stun wave is incredible support and from there he uses timestrike and raw bloodthirst, using hit all whenever the target you want to kill will die from it or if you need to quickly remove shields/stealth from multiple targets. 50TU timestrike is nuts and gets set up beautifully by the 50TU stun wave. If potted, stun wave is ~43TU so that’s +107TU to all enemies by the time it can timestrike… if anything is on 100TU or more when stun wave hits it can be one-shot easily and otherwise 50-100TU before stun wave they can often be one-shot too.

Novadrake’s moveset definitely works a lot better than we all gave it credit for on release. I don’t think it needs any raw buff, just like Angelion, but for incentives to not use protectors it is definitely worth considering buffing raw in general.

Nova has no comeback mechanics.

If you are losing he would do nothing. And if you are winning your gonna crush your opponent with him. Hes a win more monster thats why i dont like him. His stun wave is super situational since top players are geared against stun.