Extra incentive to run raw moves

I would argue the opposite, he’s one of the best comeback monsters in the game. Yes the top teams are built to tackle stun very well but they’re not protected the whole time so a high speed HG monster is hard to stop if they are weak to stun. Also, since all the moves are low TU if the enemy team is ever weak to stun the Novadrake can get in there with it and swing the match very heavily in your favour. It doesn’t necessarily have to be on its first turn.

stun is not that effective in the game since the majority of players at the top play 3-4 stunnable monsters other then ap and are spread out across the team to avoid stun. in order to get 4 monsters stun you must sweep there entire team or settle for 1 which is not great.

not to mention those poor chances to bypass protectors in order to get to the stun absorb and if the opponent is playing well and anticipating the stun he will line it for nova and nova will do nothing. This is a reason why i rate Cent alot higher then nova because cent can do purify/ nightwatch/aoe/counter strike and stun all at the same time and his tu is very close to nova when potted.

if there was no opening for stun nova is pretty much dead weight aoe and thats why i said his comeback mechnis are terrible compared to cent/magma/draco/etc

1 Like

Don’t argue with Killerdog about Nova. It’s his baby

1 Like

Cent is pretty much a roaring entrance monster with purify. His stun is just a bonus/curse.

Yeah I forgot about Cent and Nova. A further TU reduction will be ridiculous on them two.
I would love a list of every single monster with RAW attack skills.

Attacking ones:

• Zeuswyrm: raw bloodfury (100TU)
  • Angelion: raw bloodfury (100TU)
  • Centaureon: raw bloodcrave (70TU)
  • NOT Triviathan
  • Ahuizard: raw throw (50TU)
  • Captain canine: raw bloodcrave (70TU)
  • Atlantyrant: raw double bloodcrave (100TU)
  • Novadrake: raw bloodthirst (50TU)
  • Zephyrin: raw bloodthirst (100TU)
  • Nulltron: raw bloodthirst (100TU)
  • Drakion (Dragulus 2nd form): raw bloodthirst (100TU)
  • Aviaeronix: raw bloodfury (100TU)
  • Huskegon: raw bloodcrave (70TU)
  • Thorhoof: raw desperate stampede (160TU)
  • Mulasem: raw poison storm (160TU)

Others:

• Regalion: raw self shield (100TU)
  • Blazebones: raw overwatch (30TU)
  • Equimaris: raw stealth (50TU)
4 Likes

Looking over the list above, I don’t think lowering the TU is the answer. Most of the monsters are strong and the moves are fast. Also, there are a few which are very accessible (SEs) and enough there that making them a counter to something is actually viable… because people will not be locked out of it.

Making their raw damage moves piercing against protectors could be quite fun, especially in the case of Aviaeronix where it becomes an extremely potent protector counter.

1 Like

then again do we need to buff angelion? if raw gets buffed to deal peircing, then angelion’s bloodfury should be changed to bloodcrave or bloodthirst. bloodthirst would still work easily anyways. you kill your own monster to take theirs (since your sweeper probably had a kill already), then you retribution and there you go.

also, would love to see both shadowyrm and his water version to get raw bloodthirst also if we ever get this piercing buff.

1 Like

Only if KD agrees.

Piercing on RAW seems crazy as hell

Piercing only to protectors. Shouldn’t really be too much of a crazy buff unless the opponent is running way too many protectors. Most raw moves are blood moves or ones which are intended to one-shot so all its doing is ignoring shields and HG.

Yeah Shadowyrm would be awesome with the SS changing to raw instant protector killer I think… would really help push protectors out of the front line.

1 Like

yeah yeah on protectors only :shymonkey:

Or piercing only when enemy is running protectors.

thats the stupidest suggestion ive heard. your hate for protectors is getting out of hand.

raw is fine as it is low sweeping moves that literally wins you the game if not dealt with and charged raw move with accelerate is nearly impossible to deal with in a losing situation. the last thing they need is piercing ability

just for your understanding

Accelerated Raw bloodcrave with pot is 49 tu now imagine this with piercing.
Accelerated Nova with pots Is 32tu
and any 100 tu with pots and accelerate is 69

Protectors+Shield+Hg are what keeping these raw moves in check and you want them to pierce protectors so they charge quickly to wipe out all the monsters.

3 Likes

You’re just triggered because this would ruin your strategy of AP spam.

4 Likes

“Strategy”

2 Likes

I agree with you on this one.

With all the new SS and Passives coming out soon, and the fix we are getting for AP.

Like everyone say’s lets wait and see what they do.

But KD probably already knows so he’s suggesting that.

2 Likes

In my opinion that’s definitely a step too far. Piercing on low TU moves is hard to stop as Mr.X says.

That was literally a suggestion put out and discussed near the beginning of this thread. Not sure why you’re only reacting to it now. You don’t need protectors with shields and hold ground to handle low TU sweeping moves. There are plenty of monsters which aren’t protectors with shields/HG and there are things like stun that deal with low TU moves effectively too.

I’m not saying that giving raw moves piercing against protectors is necessarily the right thing or an amazing idea. Imo the lower TU on raw moves is enough of an incentive. However, in the context of buffing raw to discourage protector spam I think this suggestion hits the nail on the head because it only harms protector spam teams and whenever protector spam becomes the meta then raw will also come into the meta and force out the protector spam.

1 Like

Raw is like the opposite of ap spam, so piercing on protectors sounds like a nice counterpart

Wow thanks KD. Looking at that list most monsters have balanced TU. Except the single hit 100 TU RAW moves…They should be buffed (have their TU reduced). Not Lion though…He is balanced (broken) as is.
The others should be buffed regardless of AP spam meta or not.

But in all honesty that list made it clearer that buffing RAW as the solution to AP spam is not the right way to go. You mentioned that there are many RAW monsters available earlier but there isn’t. Many players will still feel frustrated and the RNG will cause lots of stress. Remember we can’t give RAW piercing capabilities and remove the RNG at the same time. Piercing only protectors will not solve the problem. Not a viable or fair solution. Will exclude the players that need the Nerf the most…

Also Drakion is on that list lol. He already got piercing capabilitis! Not to mention Avia has wallbreaker some others got Desperate stamped. All piercing. Nah this isn’t the solution.

The solution is simple…

Remove the RNG. Period.

1 Like