RAW turned Protectors in Deadweight

I hated AP Spam like anyone else, but saying that the RAW buff overnerfed the strategy is an understatement.

Because RAW used to be a restriction it was given to all the best glass cannons in the game and then some (Novadrake, Scorpiogeist, Ahurizard, Centaurion…) with a tu reduction. As a result the meta is now filled with those, and speaking from experience: after the RAW buff playing protectors is asking to get protector locked.

As a result I’m changing team, which is quite bs because not every protector deserved to be trashed because of one annoying strategy.

> But what if AP Spam comes back?

The real problem with AP Spam was Bloomluga. Take that out and, with Dusicyon being a RAW monster himself now, you leave the AP Spam team without any sweeping power. Easy win.

Now, I know full well that killing Bloom is easier said than done, but first the True Hit buff should help a lot, and second… just nerf Bloom! Why should all protectors be nerfed instead? RAW Tsunami as an idea has been thrown around quite a lot at the time, and it was a good idea.

To be fair, I also believe that you can use Tagosenshi and Basher + Willow quite well too with AP Spam, but True Hit is quite common now, and its damage is nonsense. Without shields, they shouldn’t be a problem.

> What about those annoyingly overpowered protectors that would make a return?

Even if the RAW buff gets reverted I doubt we’d see protectors too much because of how powerful RAW monsters are today, but still as far as I’m concerned there are only 2 overpowered protectors: Sanctistag and Skeleviathan. (and Plumesilisk, but that’s besides the point)

Sanctistag could use a 200tu on Sleep All, and Skeleviathan could lose Petrify Revenge in favor of simple Death/Payback Revenge. Done, problem solved and both monsters would still be very strong.

> Still not sure?

Then let’s look at some healthier protector nerfs instead:

• Protector Killer: could use a damage buff. Been a long time coming anyway.

• Assassinate and Wrecking Ball: also could use a damage buff. Why does full attack Nagadia deal as much as damage with WB as full defense Lilithia does with Antidote? Makes zero sense.

• True Hit: yes, this move is incredibly powerful already, but after the damage buff does it really need to deal even more damage for every protector? We don’t need a PvE cheat code for the Terragar fight, but we could use some piercing! Make True Hit pierce with 2 or more protectors, then good luck running Bloom AP Spam with Orca and the titans in meta.

5 Likes

Even after so many years of neo , i still donot understand the rationale behind raw buff .

9 Likes

Does RAW bypasses Taunt??? :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

yes

LOL even if it’s clearly stated that taunt is not a protector skill

I’m not sure but I think raw moves are supposed to be unblockable or can’t be redirected.

1 Like

3 Likes

Imo opinion RAW moves just should not be low TU moves Novadrake nowadays should have just BT not RAW BT, and no way padrinorca can have RAW moves at 59 TU.
Besides thar the idea to have RAW to AP lock who spams it is reasonable.

2 Likes

that’s another funny thing about raw moves. they also come with lower TU than their counterpart… like what? lol

What? Nooooo :flushed:

Right now the meta is as balanced as I’ve ever seen it. Mark is entering well, we’re seeing increased stealth viability. Poison, sleep, retribution teams are as solid as ever. I don’t see the same old teams like I used to with AP spam.

My current team has quite a lot of protectors and It’s working fine. On 75% win rate with a lot of experimentation, but running 2 in FL and 1 in 5th.

It’s very difficult for most players to fully protector lock because eventually the other monsters have to take a turn and they have to run full raw. Most players will have something to remove deadweight too or run protectors with other uses such as give turn.

In short, leave raw, protectors and the meta aloooooooone.

2 Likes

we also got something we didn’t have before during bloom meta which is the blue mythic with focus.

Except raw bloodmoves they don’t have their TU reduced

1 Like

Lmao playing against you without protectors still results in getting protector locked. It’s unfair.

No one else does it though :innocent: Doesn’t warrant a nerf.

No nerfs whatsoever. What is needed (and that only) is an Arborgias buff to reach deification and ascension.

3 Likes

raw moves cannot be redirected, it’s basically focus

2 Likes

Make it SOLO RAW lol

Fun Fact, if we made last bite Solo and Link it’d function the same way!

4 Likes

Buff last bite!!!

1 Like