Dungeon Challenge Tips and Tricks

So, since I was asked by a lot of people on how I beat the event and what I recommend, I will make a thread to answer most of these Questions and give some teambuilding advice.

I completed the event yesterday

Before I start I wanted to thank @Killerdog for having the patience to discuss possible lineups in the week before the event started. I know I had a lot of Ideas :smiley:

So heres my team:

Its basically three teams.

First of you have the OoO team. Its the one team best suited to survive. Even on Floor 90 and above it can survive more than 5 Floors on its own. Of course it also comes down to luck. You will find yourself up against a lot of awakened mythics, DR, Camo and sleep immunes from Floor 90 on, so you have to carefully fight your through. Don Rilla is a key monster here because he can get rid of the camo or sleep immune monsters before they can harm your team.

Then theres the Frost-Soul team. A classic setup known from the early days of neo. I support it with Aegis, Heavens and Shiva to keep it alive as long as possible. Bascially you OoO with Frost and switch place into shiva. Then you wait until the enemy monsters die and heal your own stuff with Aegis and Heavens.

Third team is stun + Delugazar. Very powerful but also very fragile. Buffs are quite significant on the higher Floors so monsters without HG can be taken down with two AoEs from strong monsters. Nulltron helps to get rid of the stun protection. Then just stun the lineup into oblivion and kill it slowly off.

Mistle is a sub for Aegis
Blazebones is a sub for Heavenswyrm or a dying sleep immune monsters

If you want to follow this pattern here are a few alternatives if you dont own certain monsters:

Oniblade: Actually only Stratusstrike is a proper replacement. If you have all of the other powerful sleep immunes you could try and use an Epic OoO but it will be a lot harder with that

Bunker and Rilla: You should own one of them tbh. You can replace the other with Diredemon if necessary. Not a 1:1 replacement though.

Gallio: Difficult. Theres no replacement for a stun flash that fast. If youre using stratus you can use Heavenswyrm because Stratus is a bit slower anyway. If you have neither you could try galvbane to stun a monster out of the way that would have been faster than your OoO setup.

Heavenswyrm: You wont get this combo of speed and healing anywhere else but Willowyrm can be a replacement and provides additional stun protection.

Frostrider: Theres no proper replacement for OoO + Switchplace. However if you change the setup a bit you can Use a OoO monster, Jackalhotep, Soul and Aegis/Shiva. As you can see you would have to swap out either Aegis or Heavens then. So thats the downside.

Soulstealer: Hes vital for that setup. With a bit of rearrangement it could also work with Onigeist.

Aegis: Can be replaced by any HG Auto Protect but none of them is a 1:1 replacement due to the lack of healing abilities.

Mistletorment: Titanmoth can be an option but it lacks the healing of the awakened version.

Poloarboss: Really crucial. Quick stun, crescendo + healing + reinvetrograte self.

Novadrake: Crucial again. Low TU attack, healing, plus that super useful stun flash. No other monster will offer you this. Not even close.

Delugazar: You wont find this power anywhere else but a sweeper that can be charged with timestrike or timestrike double would be a good start to look for.

Nulltron: Stunpulse + Repulse is super useful. But you can use Galvbane here aswell.

Blazebones: Hes unique but not crucial for the team. You can replace him with other useful monsters for dungeon challenge. Just make sure it fits in the part of the team you want to use that monster.

Shivadragon: Probably the MVP for this event. Cant think of any replacement.

In Case you want to try to get from 90-100 I would advise you to save your strongest team for the last floors. I tried to get to 95 with the rest of my team and used OoO from 95 onwards. After a few tries that worked.

If you have questions feel free to ask me.

Cheers

13 Likes

Does frostrider still have that restriction where he can’t switch places if the enemy team is too small? That screwed me thoroughly over a while ago, very frustrating given how nonsensical it was.

I just finished the dungeon, thanks to the @ItsSherlock recommendations, I could finish it really easy (I think I was very lucky too).

Until the 96th floor I went with this team, without losing a single monster.

Just lost one of the FL put the following FL:

The combination of healing, purification and the excess of stun, made the battles much easier. I finish the last battle without losing anything else. @Magic.cu

7 Likes

Wait , we can rearrange our teams while in the dungeon???

1 Like

Yes

wish i knew that before

3 Likes

How do you guys did the last torch ? I am really grateful for the tips and WOw oniblade + sleep immune(I only have few) really works I use oniblade,blazebones,diredemon and megalodragon in FL and except for megalodragon they can all heal themselves with dreamhunt/energy charge and I could maybe continuelike this up the stairs but torches would really help.Thanks ! Tis is my team for last torch didn’t worked I had a few more monsters to kill before I win , like 10 more before I win.

1 Like

I do not remember what the FL of the last torch was, but if you can Stun, do it to the heavens … and then go with some blow crescendo and ready, you should pass it without problems.

1 Like

Thanks I just remebered that there is other stun bomb/burst and went and caught them thanks so much !

1 Like

Treat the torch room the same way as GoH, since it’s kinda the same deal; massive amount of monsters, but minimal buffs, if any at all. Anything with crescendo will be a godsend.

1 Like

Thanks to the tips I could finish it, and I only lost 3 monsters

8 Likes

Tbh with you I am a bit overwhelmed by all the feedback and PMs here and on Line I got because of this thread. I am happy to see that I could help quite a few people to beat the event. Since most of the questions are similar to each other (basically which monsters are useful etc) I will write a separate post with useful monsters for this event and until which floor they are useful. I don’t have the time to reply to each PM individually so I hope that’s alright for everybody. Cheers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Since Dungeon Challenge is back I am giving this a bump

2 Likes

Great guide thread and I never actually added my team here (I think I meant to). Mine is similar to Guesswhosback’s, which shouldn’t surprise anyone because his team was crafted after lots of chats together. Mine is weaker in some aspects because I’m missing his mythics but we have a slightly different style of play anyway as you’ll see…

While Guesswhosback’s team is three teams put together and he’ll construct the next one after the first gets broken apart, I prefer to build mine as one long continuous line of synergy. However, it’s important in DC to shift monsters around as you go so I do that as well.

The general strategy I find best is ALWAYS having a high speed stun flash in your FL + a backup plan for control. High speed stun will work in most battles you give you some breathing room and avoid monsters dying before you can react. A backup will help out whenever you can’t stun effectively and otherwise come into play while the enemies are stunned. My three stunners of choice are: Galliodragon, Heavenswyrm and Novadrake. I will always move one forward if the previous one is dead.

The FL I choose uses Stratustrike and Blazebones. Bunkerbeast will kill anything problematic/awake while Blazebones charges and can kill with the blast or, often on the higher floors, use revolutionise to flip all the enemies to 1HP. Oniblade is typically the better choice for DC having access to the second OoO but my FL revolves around HP manipulation and having both the second wind and double-hitting move (for killing 1HP enemies) on Stratustrike works out better for controlling things. I also like the stun immunity lots for taking down those 5th and 6th monsters in a team if there is stun revenge/entrance going on. In Guesswhosback’s FL he has Gangrilla with repent to keep his team alive but in mine I use Blazebones and Stratu’s second wind. This FL can similarly get through many floors by itself if I’m lucky.

I won’t go through the whole team but another strong squad of four is: stunner, Soulstealer, Shivadragon, OoO / GT. You can see how the components of that are around near the front. I’ve got through many floors with that, but it’s weaker to sleep counters than the FL.

Next I’ve got desperate moves alongside the support (Shivadragon and Heavenswyrm) so I can carefully manipulate health to minimise risk. It’s worth noting how good Heavenswyrm is for recovering at the end of a battle. Leave the enemy team with one useless monster and take your time healing everyone to 100%.

Lastly I have stun and timestrike synergy, with healing and Bitterbeast there for the lifeflip. My team is packed full of healing and lifeflip because I find that with careful play they’re the things that get you through the event most reliably.

I hope there are aspects from this team which are helpful to people trying Dungeon Challenge!

1 Like

Brand new video about Dungeon Challenge! Check it out!

8 Likes

You forgot to add the fact you only used 4 monsters lol

4 Likes

This time, I used these 3 FLs, with the first I was able to go from the 90th floor to the 98th without problems, then the last 2 floors I lost too many monsters xD

And with this team I passed the last torch without problem

2 Likes

They just need to add more shortcut to the dungeon.

1 Like

Are there any good substitutes for delugazar?

Lucifelle?