Is Dungeon Challenge getting harder?

@Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD

Hey everyone,

I made a thread a while back (last UC) about how Ultimate Challenge is getting easier and easier. As time goes on, more monsters are being added to the game which can be used to create successful strategies for UC. This is resulting in a rising number of people getting hardly any losses and the distinction between the top leaderboard positions growing smaller. That’s a separate issue, but in a similar way the newer monsters being added to the game are now boasting far more aggressive movesets as well as there being fewer ways of dealing with them. Stronger passives, higher speed on aggressive monsters and immunities being more common are making events like Dungeon Challenge become a lot tougher.

In the past it seemed possible to create teams that could deal with the majority of the encounters you have. You sleep the enemies, stun the enemies or kill them before they get a chance to damage your team. Monsters like Shivadragon and Soulstealer were exceptional at surviving and getting through many floors without too much issue. There would be the occasional battle you come across that you really can’t handle, then lose a couple of monsters before you beat it. Now you can come across frequent battles where the enemy monsters kill yours through hold ground before they have a chance to attack or completely counter your line-up that you lose 4+ of your monsters in one battle.

Here’s a video I made of my 8th attempt at doing floors 90-100 this Dungeon Challenge:

I’d left DC until the last few days because I was focused on PvP and the other content. First attempt went well, I got to 95-96 with no issue then came across a battle with 2 Delugazar (one in 5th) and three other horrible monsters that worked well with it. That battle I lost 6-8 monsters and from there it was hopeless, I failed at floor 98. After that I wasn’t so lucky and spent 2-3 hours never getting past floor 95. Many times I was getting my team completely destroyed in the first 3 floors, coming up against battles where I couldn’t avoid losing anything.

Just take a look at my video above. My DC team is tried and tested, beating the last 4 DC. I’ve never failed to complete it since getting Shivadragon. Hell, I’ve 100% completed every event this year until now (even biweekly). In that run I didn’t do much wrong at all yet came up against situations where I could do nothing other than lose my monsters. This was the same experience I had on every attempt other than my first. Ironically I was recording my DC runs to show how to do it… as a guide video I was going to add commentary to haha!

Was anyone else struggling as much as I was this time? Do tell me if I was just being unlucky.

Devs, please consider toning down the difficulty of this event, especially on those last 10 floors where we have no torch, the buff is at its highest and it’s 10 floors rather than 7. There seems to be too much of a window for “bad luck”. Limiting the monsters to just the older ones, removing particularly cruel monsters or lowering the buff on the enemies should do it.

Just a few annoying battles I came across:

• Gyomurai + Mechaviathan + Tagosenshi + Saberzor (auto-protect)
  • Tortogeist x2 (one in 5th)
  • Delugazar x2 + Penguinator
  • Gyomurai + Infernicorn + Delugazar
  • Onigeist + Angelion + Malwing(5th)

You may think “okay yeah those are tough but that’s 5 in 10 attempts” but those battles were just from my final two attempts. I was coming across 1-2 of these kind of battles in each attempt.

2 Likes

I used to reach floor 100 no problem but now i just get cheesed hard with these catapults or double piercing blow, theres litterally no counter play to that… I couldnt make it past floor 98 and gave up after about 30 tries. So no it’s not just you, i’ve been having a really bad time aswell. Shiva just doesnt work anymore

30 tries… ouch! I think I made about 10-15 over the last few hours of the event. I left it until the last night so had no chance to do more. I managed to do 1-90 all first try so didn’t realise quite how difficult it would be this time.

It would be great to hear how many others had a bad experience compared to before? Normally it takes me ~2 tries for the last 10 floors with my team.

I couldnt reach 100 as well using the team used last DC, the mons just massacre me, encountered the gyo and tort fl, also had 2 zhu, delu and something else in it

Never was able to reach 100 but now im hitting stun counter and sleep counter teams at 60 and its just pointless. Why grind for an hour only to lose and go back to where i was an hour ago.

Separately UC has gotten easier and harder at the same time. The team combos are easier but the buffs are higher. Ie if you dont have auro/Dr or Gear/Gold you absolutely aren’t going anywhere anymore. At 900 with 8 kills gear bloodfury can only do 60% damage on most monsters.

1 Like

Isn’t it what you old players would want though? An event which is actually hard to beat. Heard many complaints that the game is too easy. Well now a hard one and you want it to be toned down? For sure there is someone who beat it so it isn’t impossible.My team would probably get to around 76 but I don’t have access to same monsters as you guys. Find a guy who beat the event and discuss with him.

To me it sounds great, because it offers you challenge. The UC update with the new gatekeepers was made because of players wanting a tougher challenge. Look at 200 gk, I jumped 600 ranks after beating it. A lot of new players are struggling because of this change, which was made for you in order to give new challenge.

I agree on toning it down,
I hate DC so much before this buff but now it’s like , oh well I’ll just stay at 90,
I’ve reached 97, 96, 98 :tired_face:
Every time got annihilated by some random combo !! Lost 4-6 monsters…

I always appreciate a challenge however wasting 300 tickets and a few hours trying to go from 90 to 100 wasn’t really fun. i couldnt get past 98 ( lost on the 99 fight ) because some stupid unicorn with 94 speed would just double piercing blow my shiva and another key monster. ( there are other monsters not just this one ).i feel like there’s just too much RNG involved

1 Like

And there you highlight the main issue of this game. I would rename the game: Neo Monsters: Masters of RNG. Or Monster RNGers.
Sorry for off topic.

4-5 attempts on me. The only monster who really stopped me was infericorn as its super high speed, kills everything with 1 hit and it can’t be dealt with

Whenever an event gets a bit harder, there is always someone that has to make a thread complaining to make it easier so they can get all the rewards. It happened with UC.

DC is finally challenging and now it’s being requested to tone the difficulty down. I’m still waiting for them to make UC harder again.

Anyway, do whatever you want…I understand infernicorn being a problem but everything else is easily beatable.

I agree on this.

And looking at the video above i can see why you’re complaining

1 Like

over 30 tries and infernicorn would always show up 2-3 times and f****** ruin my day lol

1 Like

Infernicorn also stopped me 3x at GK1000 in UC, but in UC it can be overcome by a lucky sleep and DR army.

I think infernicorn and angelion should be banned from DC. Then problem solved.

1 Like

It’s harder for dc because you can’t plan. But for gk1000 you can prepare your balls before going inn

1 Like

If everyone meets all same teams in dc, it is ok to make it hard like this. Unfortunately, the random factor ruins everything of this game.

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in but so far in this thread almost everyone has spoken about how they weren’t able to beat it. I enjoy a challenge more than most (I’m a Dark Souls super fan) but I have a lot of the best monsters for DC that I’ve crafted into a very good team and they are getting wrecked like they’re nothing. Where’s the balance if even when you do everything right you can lose over and over.

Previously my team would do it about half the time, because of RNG, and that’s fine. I don’t mind concentrating hard for 30-40 minutes only to lose, try it all again and then win. However, when I’m doing nothing wrong but losing over and over for hours and I’m using a brilliant DC team then I know something’s wrong XD

@TheGreatest I can’t tell if you’re against toning down difficulty in general or think that DC is fine how it is. Did you find DC perfectly fine this time or have a nightmare with it like some others?

I think that’s the fun part of the game, when old stuff don’t work and you gotta find a different way. It would be boring to run the same thing on every single event

2 Likes

It depends really on how many people managed to beat it. If it’s a very little percentage, then a change is justified.

Your team might have been brilliant before but with new monsters being released, has become less so. Could it be the case that you have to adapt it a little?

1 Like

Exactly what @Unown said. Being able to use different ways to beat DC makes it enjoyable and gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Beat 90-100 on the 3rd try. 1st loss was due to double infernicorn fl (who would’ve guessed?). 2nd loss was due to me assuming magma didn’t have its ss unlocked. 3rd try was smooth sailing.

@Killerdog DC is fine as it is. Just saying that if we reduced the difficulty there would be future posts saying “DC is boring because it’s too easy”. Right now it’s not even hard imo, just a bit challenging.

At the very least, there should be a DC “blacklist” which would exclude certain mons that are unreasonable to deal with (such as infernicorn).