Zard's opinion on things that need a buff.

The problem monsters:

1. Heavenswyrm

Heavenswyrm used to be a well-rounded monster that was an incredible support for any team that could use some sustain. In some cases I could put it in the frontline of a team, and it would provide value for me throughout the entire match. It was hard to kill as it had reasonably well balanced stats with the following moveset:

Meganova All
Healing Light
Survivor
Stun Flash

Camouflage

Link Shield All

Unfortunately this monster’s niche got taken up by a superepic monster rework in willowyrm. Willowyrm has almost exactly the same moveset, only with kinslayer over meganova, raw healing light(lower TU) over healing light, and has the addition of stun absorber. This just creates a situation where there is no reason to pick up a heavensyrm over a willowyrm as a willowyrm has a lower cost.

1. Scorpionyx

This monster is sad face. It has the following moveset:

Despairing wave has the potential ability to make matches very interesting. It doesn’t wake up anyone that is already asleep, and it lowers the amount of HP on each monster by 20%. It has a 160 second cost.

The key problem with this move, however, is that typically when you use a move in neo monsters it is going to effect the board state in some way. The problem with despairing wave is that it really doesn’t effect the board state very much. 20% off of every monster is sadly not a lot. Even if you buy time for it to be used multiple times, it still requires 5 uses to kill something. When you use it, you’re sacrificing tempo for basically nothing. It’s more impactful to use one of the other moves in his moveset. His moveset supports that of a one on one lineup that takes advantage of his sleep immunity.

However, the main move that this monster has in order to take advantage of one on one is fatal sting, which is a deathmark with a 130 second cooldown instead of a 200 second cooldown. This move however, has a massive downside of waking up the sleeping monster that it just got used on, as well as gettingthe monster poisoned and not able to be slept again.

Element heal really doesn’t have a use on the monster, as he wants to be using fatal sting, blood thirst, and despairing wave. This move really doesn’t benefit scorpionyx in anyway.

Stun converter just makes and already bad monster weak to chrono killer. The monster just wants to stay alive. Nothing else.

This monster really badly needs a rework. Maybe make fatal sting 50-70 TU or something.

1. Ankoudragon

Now I would call this a usability buff. This monster has a very strict frontline requirement due to the death sentence self from eternal rebirth. It wants to be in link dark lineups, but link dark doesn’t have a good place for it, as they are too busy doing things with tenebris, or zhulong and azrazel + chocolate in order to have space for this monster. Putting him in any link dark front line is a massive sacrifice.

1. Warca/Bazilogon

This monster relies on novablast. It needs it to go off in order to function. It needs 400 seconds of time bought for it in order for it to go off, and no one on the enemy team can be stealthed. Also, the only thing that warca adds to your team is stealth all, which requires that no poison exists on the field.

I will also point out that we have wraithhost, and the powerslashing rabbit that both have 400 second novablast as their secret skill. Both the rabbit and wraithhost have an easier time surviving until novablast goes off. Rabbit’s novablast takes 320 seconds instead of 400. Rabbit is literally a monster that has an entire warca packaged into it for the low cost of a small amount of extra cost. It’s the same issue that heavenswyrm has.

1. Dragulus

This isn’t so much of a buff, as it is to avoid a conflict of interest. Raw bloodthirst is desirable in certain team moreso then bloodthirst is. Some people will want to NOT awaken drakion as a result because of the raw buff.

1. Burnsalot

Not good in PvP because it is too slow. Eclipsed by other monsters in PvE. Give us a reason to use this monster over something else like metatherion for instance.

1. Dragaia/The Godfeather

These limited monsters are also sadface. They are outclassed by other end game options, last bite isn’t the best sweeping move in the game anymore, there are loads of hold ground piercing moves, and these two are never used anymore. They got removed from early eggs, so new people can’t use them, and once you do obtain them, they aren’t useful anymore. Give us a reason to use them.

3 Likes

Give warca and Bazil purifying mist instead if stealth all.

2 Likes

“Makes a thread on things that need a buff”

-Proceeds to tell us how the middle form of drax needs a nerf.

I don’t disagree with the idea drax’s middle form needs something else at all but I just found it funny you mentioned that after the thread title says otherwise.

A buff thread? Well call me a goatsucker and butter up my pooper, it’s time for me to put my thinking cap on.

1. I see Heavenswyrm as a primarily supportive monster, therefore it’s movekit would need a little rework to make it stand out from Willowyrm. For starters, I’d replace Stun Flash with Purifying Mist or its single target counterpart; Stun Flash is handy, but with more and more anti-stun monsters getting released it becomes a liability. Survivor can become Drain Survivor to act as an offensive option while maintaining a steady HP recovery, and Meganova could become Assisted Nova since you’re most likely gonna slap this thing into a LINK Holy team.

2. ELEM Healing is a move that I don’t see much use for on this monster. From the look of things you’d want it in a sleep-oriented team, so how about One-on-One? That way it helps set up Fatal Sting without much outside support. A TU reduction on Fatal Sting wouldn’t hurt as well.

3. Truth be told, this is one monster that I think is fine on its own, but doesn’t see much use due to its design. Maybe if its passive was worked in a way that its initial form doesn’t die upon entering the field, then I could see it getting a little more use, but that could be a nightmare to code.

4. Buffing Stealth All to Purifying Mist would be a great way to prevent them from becoming dead weight, but asides from that I’m not too sure myself.

5. Perhaps its not a matter of nerfing Drakion, but making an incentive for people to awaken it into Dragulus. Giving it either Nightwatch or Assassinate upon awakening would make it more desirable, without making it too overpowered.

6. Sir. Burnsalot has been having a hard time dealing with his more powerful contemporaries; changing Ultrablaze to a single target, piercing Energy Burst would give it a way to cope with Stealth/Camouflage.

7. Oh how the mighty have fallen; people use to lust after them, to the point where they restarted multiple times just to get either of them. Nowadays, they’re a joke among all the fancy limited legendaries. I believe it was Zard himself who suggested that Last Bite should be usable when they’re not the only monsters on your field, but they only deal critical damage when they’re alone.

And that’s it for my suggestions, if you have any problem with them then feel free to shoot me a comment.

1 Like

If they actually do this which doesn’t look over powered at all, I would 100% start using HER again.

This thread is amazing right now until someone charges in and says that they are fine as they are because either they are usuable in pve and they offer enough :roll_eyes:

I agree Zard. I’d love to see those Legends more usable. I’d also like to add Gloreonix to the list. Someone mentioned this not so long ago and they were bang on the money then too.

Tridakhan is still incredibly underwhelming

Time for Chronozeros to have some of its speed reinstated. Even if just it’s to level 4 rather then level 2.

That was me, most likely. And yes, I still think it needs a buff.

2 Likes
  1. Heavenswyrm - Still a great monster and the 160TU hit all is very useful so shouldn’t become assisted in my opinion (low attack stat means assisted wouldn’t be useful). Maybe give it Stun Wave (250TU) and Purifying Light (100TU) [full heal ally + purify]? Or maybe Hardened Carapace as a second passive so it’s super tanky when on high health.

2. Scorpionyx - Elem healing is brilliant for link shadow teams, they have very few ways to heal. The awakened form works brilliantly with everything making sense. The second form is not top tier viable but no change needed.

3. Ankoudragon - Not all link shadow is Zhulong and Tenebris. This monster is great for PvE.

4. Warca/Bazil - Great in many PvE events, but my buff suggestion would be a second passive. Stun immunity would probably fit best.

5. Drakulus - This second form should get Bloodshed in my opinion (3-charge bloodthirst), as with other mythics that have raw bloodthirst in their second form as a “weaker” version of bloodthirst on their final form. It will still one-shot most things after two kills on Drakulus (I think) and have 100TU but won’t have the anti-protector uses and awakening the monster will make it one-shot after one kill on most things so a far more obvious upgrade.

6. Burnsalot - This guy needs a big speed buff I think, to 80-90%. All later monsters that need to charge/buff first have high speed so by the time they attack they’re a slow monster. Having slow speed AND needing to charge makes this one of the slowest monsters to attack from entry in the game plus when it does attack then it has to wait 200TU for another chance to charge.

7. Dragaia/Godfeather - My personal choice here would be to change assisted hit all to Link Hit All (70TU) [doesn’t scale like assisted] and add Lifeflip Unlimited (130TU).

75 (+9) speed Nightwatch or assassinate with excessive force isn’t too overpowered??? Oh boi some people just would like to see the world burn apparently :sweat_smile:.

Also whether or not Drakion has Raw bloodthirst, I would most definitely awaken him, because that thing (Dragulus) just is a goddamn powerhouse, survives better and has a very high speed knockback. So I see no reason to change anything.

1 Like

Drakion doesn’t need to be touched at all.

1 Like

My list would be

1-Gloreonix
2-dolphoenix
3-sarcrosphinx
4-razien
5-metatherion
6-wriathost
7-kattmander

3 Likes

How would you buff Raizen and Kattmander?

Razien

Remove overwatch and give him stealthbane.
Remove insomnia and give him stun counter.
+increase his attack and lower his defence.

Kattmander

Light and dark punch insta kill just like the tree but he does not gain a turn.

Honestly, if Kattmander was going to get a buff, I would like it to be one of two things.

1. It gains a second passive; Sleep Immunity perhaps?
  2. Neko Finisher ignores Hold Ground and shields.

Any thoughts?

We don’t need more stun counter especially if he has HG. Not everyone has delugazar to counter him.

Would love a stealthbane though

Hes actually the god of stun in neo its actually ironic that he is stunnable.

And counters already exists like scale and BB and sleep

1 Like

Or give him stun skin like Imran in Evertale. It should work like daunt.

Bahamuzar should be buffed too