Thoughts on Infernicorn?

Is it worth using 300 of my saved of gems for this mon or should I wait for Christmas?

If you plan on going for a link fire team go for him.

Outside of link fire Infernicorn is really bad. Double piercing blow has big recoil so you can only use it twice (you die on second use) unless you’re attacking enemies on low health. Also, the damage it deals is not enough to one-shot legendaries unless you use attack boost, so you probably need the secret skill and will often delay attacking by another 30TU… making this monster slower than it might appear (63%). If you’ve hurt an enemy, there’s a non-water SE or an earth legendary then you can grab a kill off that. The 160TU on double piercing blow is also a slight problem. Unless you can trigger a stun, this monster won’t be getting a turn for a while and will be left on low health.

The saving grace is link bloodbite and stun converter. Having both of those is very strong. Also, with 63% speed it is possible to trade nicely with double piercing blow if you can trigger a stun. It might be a good idea in some circumstances to use the move twice in a row to grab up to 4 kills and die off in the process.

Overall I think Ashterios is a better link fire monster. Infernicorn is good but nothing special, it will be a massive pain to face in PvE where it has buffed stats.

1 Like

This might be the first time I have ever said this but KD is totally right here. If inferno NEEDS atk boost to drop reasonably valuable targets, then the recoil needs to be lowered for him to do what he was probably designed to do. Link fire is not good enough for him to take 65% recoil and not kill anything.

There’s gonna be those people that say “wait for pvp.” The tests I’ve done are in test your team and the numbers are consistent with what I said above. For example, he didn’t one shot alphagear.

Just something for discussion I guess :man_shrugging:

In the past he was dealing 3426 damage average and 40% recoil of total damage dealt (without attack boost). I am not rolling this egg and there’s no test battle. Is this still true? Damage varies ±10% if that helps.

It’s good to read how you agree with me :wink:

Don’t get used to it! But yeah the recoil is much more that 40%.

Yeah the recoil is too much for the damage he does

Can one of you test it to be sure? Go into “test your team” and hit two targets that won’t die one hit. Take a screenshot or something so you can then look at the total damage dealt to both the targets and the recoil you get in return. I’d be surprised if it’s been increased from 40%… 65% would mean Inferni kills itself the first time it uses it.

Great monster well balanced. If you want to make link fire team then definitely roll for him, otherwise wait for chrismas or new year egg.

1 Like

This is way too much recoil.

Thanks GMagic, that’s 40%. It’s low enough that he can survive when he one-shots two monsters when all three have full health but he won’t have much health remaining. When the enemies are buffed (i.e. have more health) then he can struggle to get a kill and you can’t use double piercing blow more than once without dying.

There must have been a misunderstanding. My point is he’s losing 65% of his health and not killing a lot of the time. The real effect on his health itself is what I’m concerned with. Would you agree the recoil is too much to not be killing anything?

I see, you’re talking about how much of his total health he’s losing. Yeah it’s too much to lose without killing anything… which is why you have to use attack boost first in most cases. With attack boost it will one-shot the vast majority of things.

I’m fine with it needing atk boost to one shot most. But I’m not fine with it adding 3 cost and being a 30sec move (wastes more time for him to be killed) while still taking that much damage after one use. Other monsters do pretty much the same thing much faster and cheaper. Does that make sense?

1 Like

I think the devs threw the 16 cost and the huge recoil on there being terrified it would be OP without them both, but in practice just one of those two things is enough to keep it in check.

Also forgot to mention the very average speed. Point being, it didn’t need ALL of those checks and balances.

Yeah I completely agree. It’s a mediocre monster that only works in PvP and only in link fire teams. Bit of a shame really.

Buffing the speed would be really bad for when we meet it in PvE (enemy team being buffed). It was a nightmare when it was 94% speed. I think 63% speed works fine. However, it should definitely be 14 cost and I think the secret skill would be cool if it did a heal or a shield on Infernicorn (while still being 30TU).

1 Like

Wait for PvP before passing judgement.
:joy:

Who cares if it’s good or not ! Just catch em all !!

Increase its speed to 80ish, reduce the recoil of double piercing to 30% and/or increase its damage such that it kills all SEs that don’t resist it (without ss). This would warrant the 16 cost.

In pvp, who cares if it’s fast? If it struggles to kill alphagear then most things will live the strike on the fl without the attack boost. Using the ss would just give the opponent time to deal with it.

It’s heavily restricted to link. At least give players a reason to use it outside of it. It’s too slow with little to offer in most situations.

The high speed was only a big problem in DC. Just ban it from that and everything is good.

2 Likes

True but only reason it failed to kill alpha was he atk Titan as wel and typing lessens the damage on both targets quite a lot

3 Likes