Stun balance, suicide skills

Stun is ridiculous. Battles shouldn’t be spent waiting 30 seconds for your turn. It’s a waste if time and detracts from the enjoyment of the game. It’s also annoying having creatures explode on you while you’re trying to capture them. You have to level your creatures high enough so they can go first, but by then they deal too much damage and one-hit them.

Its part of the strategy in game, sorry if you don’t like it but nothing can be done…

I feel you, but it also adds to the challenge, yes?

I would be happier if it were nerfed as well, don’t get me wrong. But you can’t really do anything about it, so just take it as a challenge.

If people keep suggesting it, I’m sure they’ll nerf it sometime. 

Stun is ridiculous. Battles shouldn’t be spent waiting 30 seconds for your turn. It’s a waste if time and detracts from the enjoyment of the game.

Are you talking about PvP or single player?

You can counter it by using monsters with stun skin or volatile, or some other death revenge ability that can turn the tide (or with a strong tank with Guardian, such as Barricadus - who can take the hits while stun is wearing off).

If you’re talking about single player, Ryan (I believe) plans on improving the AI. It’s just a tricky thing that has the ability to cause lots of bugs. 

I was talking about single player, I haven’t done pvp yet. I know the game just came out, I was just voicing my opinion in the hopes that it will lead to some sort of change.

Nothing wrong with that :slight_smile: I just don’t think that the game should be made too easy. 

But maybe we can come up with a better approach. 

If Stuns are bothering you, figure out which monster uses Stun that you’re going up against and defeat it first.  Stun is there to help better your strategy in the game.

Stun is my opinion is made for the game strategy, especially in pvp, in single player stun is not that matter if used againts you, as tha a.i has limited strategy nd in late game, our monster is ridiculously strong

I do agree on monster with suicide skill though it was hard trying to catch s rank dynabird

Mod edit: Please watch your language :slight_smile:

I think it’s fair. I remember back on dragon island where stunning didn’t cause suicide and having a triple thunderwolf was THE best strategy for almost every situation. Way too overpowered

That was the problem, it was way too overpowered and it was nerfed in this game.

I like the stunners.  I don’t find them OP and you can fight them with stunners of your own as suggested.  Especially the stun skin passive.  

If stunners were nerfed into being useless (and believe me I’m on the fence already about their weak active attacks which never seem to proc) then that would remove an entire strategy from the game.  It’s like saying, “why don’t we remove all tanks. they take forever to kill.”  Find their weakness and use your strength against it.  

I am beginning to identity with your rationale for keeping stunners in game (as Jemni stated it is the entire point of having stunners to begin with), but my thinking is that waiting for your turn again, for me, detracts from the experience.

I would suggest some sort of battle speed adjustment. What are your thoughts on that?

Also, I don’t think I will be swayed on my opinion of suicide skills (in reference to single player). They are extremely annoying, and I don’t enjoy them as a part of the game.

Well, the way i see it is when i am sitting there looking at my screen watching my monsters be destroyed, it just builds my anticipation to maul them. 

In regards to suicide skills, if it was just the skill and no suicide it would be far to over powered, you could just keep spamming it and the enemy would never get an attack in.

Also, I don’t think I will be swayed on my opinion of suicide skills (in reference to single player). They are extremely annoying, and I don’t enjoy them as a part of the game.

Really? They add a whole strategic element to the game. Are you only referring to them in the context of wild monsters you are trying to capture?

Yes, and I don’t feel they add that much in the way of strategy.

I would have to disagree. They can make the difference between winning a PvP fight and losing it quite easily, especially the stun abilities such as Flash Bomb. I’ve experienced this in enough fights now… 

So you’re saying the difference between winning and losing is a single type of ability, especially a single type of those abilities?
That, to me, screams something with balance issues.

Not necessarily. If you assume all else is fairly equal, then that one ability can definitely turn the tide in the favor of one player without there being major balance issues. But typically, using strategic set ups does allow you to win far more easily.

You can combat stunning by stunning or killing stunners before they stun, but you have a point there.

To quote you, Ashley, “If you assume ALL ELSE is fairly equal, then that ONE ABILITY can definitely turn the tide in the favor of one player…”

Perhaps I am misinterpreting your intention, but it seems you are agreeing that there is one ability that can change the outcome of battles.

There is another thing that I would like to know. You speak of strategies as if there are multiple ones you can do. In response to a team set up to stun, what strategy could you use to defeat it? Would it be a team that could win against other strategies, or a team specifically built to counter stun teams? Would there be multiple ways to counter a stun team?

You see this happen a lot in competitive gaming. Somebody finds a specific way to win, other people find a way to counter it, and it’s no longer a game with multiple strategies to win.

As far as the argument, or rather, discussion as to wether or not stun should be nerfed, it seems, to me at least, that those who are for it being nerfed have a better argument than those for keeping it the same.

I don’t like one-sided arguments, so I think if someone is able to create a team without stun that isn’t specifically built to counter stun then stun shouldn’t be a problem as is.

Again, I am against suicide abilities, but I would like to point out this is strictly in the SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Also, I don’t think it’s the ability so much as AI governing the use of the ability, which I believe somebody said the developer had intended to improve later, which sounds good to me.