Stego

All you overusing over powering people using stego. Suck an egg
Apologies for the language

This topic is spam.

Agreed

Be that as it may, he has valid frustration.
I’m surprised at the amount of folks still using Stego.

Ok…Stegospike is annoying but that doesn’t mean that people who use it need to go “Suck an egg”…

If they use it then they use it…Stegospike is getting nerfed anyway, and no one will be get stunned over 9000 anymore.

Honestly it’s not that good. It’s frail and doesn’t do enough damage to make it useable and stunning is really it’s ONLY saving grace.

Yeah its a lil overkill when it comes to stunning but is it as bad as some of the other Arkadions that we face?

Shadowstalker can force you to attack a stun skinner, Don Penguini can AoE massive damage with Showdown, any Arkadion with Scramble can literally ruin any chance of “good placement” strategy.

Wait a sec…I just realized something… Stego,SS,and Chopper or Grem.
SS takes the hits,Stego Stuns,and Chopper and Grem can both timestrike,and scramble…

^ saphieron will solve that problem… Stun kill with stego in front will kill stego and chopper and leave SS pretty wounded

False. If SS uses scapegoat then your strategy is ruined. However, Stego is useless unless he is hasted. Keeping him next to a grem and ss also is useless, because you can do very little damage for the effort it’s worth to pull off.

Actually, until the nerf and BA cap hit, it’s incredible. It’s fragile, but all it needs is a few BA, right or lucky placement, or a guardian/decoy to turn a match.
If you’re just focusing on damage and not realizing the potential of stun, you’re not getting the big picture.

The short answer to your last question is, “YES!!”
(Until the nerf and BA hit)

I wish that was always the case. Scapegoat is not 100% effective.
Haste makes it better, but it’s not useless to begin with. Stunning a single ark out of rotation with TU under the stun time is not to be trifled.
Neither is Bolster/Stun/Dual Timestrike. They’ll KO anything with enough TU.

Granted, most of this is situational, but it happens far more often than not. Crystal, I think you need to get back to pvp. You’ll see what I mean. Stego is a problem.

I’ve PVPed when Stego was far worse than it is now. It’s not nearly as prevalent as it used to be. Trust me on this; it was exponentially worse in January/February, where 95%+ of PVPers in Masters used a strategy based off of it.

Charca is ridiculous too. Like seriously. Make the damage go up just for one attack or some TUs, and not happen 10+ times

Charcalynx is useless if it doesn’t get a kill, as it’s frail and dies easily.

Yes, but a full flash bomb/ stun gift team can make up for a slightly nerfed stego easily, especially with skill. Just knocking down the Stegospike stun value by a little won’t truly do much to those teams

The sheer fact that they completely rely on not being scrambled/knocked back makes them easy enough to defeat. If you can’t beat a pure stun team after Stego is nerfed, then you should really learn to use your brain in PVP.

That sounds harsh, but it’s also true.

What if they have a WHOLE TEAM Dedicated to stun? There no skilling through that, just sheer luck

Plus, what if you can’t even take a turn to scramble or banish, or you don’t have the arks to do so? This isn’t chess. It’s not some huge skill ceiling game. There is no dodge. No parry. No misses.

And in that moment, all you can do is hope you can take a turn that will have use on an ark that can banish/ knockback/ scramble and get bonus actions

Not every stun team user is not skilled, as well

I’ve played whole teams using a stun strategy and have used it myself. If you know how it works both offensively and defensively as you so claim to, then you should know they’re a whole heck of a lot more vulnerable than you’re making them out to be.

Your arks have abilities, too. Ever hear of Decoy? Stun skin? No matter what their team is, you can use arks that can counter it.

It’s very, very easy to beat. It’s one of the reasons most of the top players stopped using stun teams, because the other consistent PVPers had built effective counter strategies.

If all you can do is complain that they’re unbeatable, you’re not thinking hard enough.

Jesus Christ, I don’t keep my whole team anti stun only in public PVP, and this game doesn’t require a ton of thought when you make moves in 1 to 30 seconds

But whatever you say, you’re unbeatable and no stun team can beat you

And I never said stun/ charca “unbeatable” either, I just say they’re OP. Which they are.

Please tell me how if stars reflect power, that many low star arks are used in masters league?

It’s obviously unbalanced. I bet if you looked at winning percentage, teams that don’t use stun/ stasis whatsoever would be pretty low

The game requires more thought than you’re giving it.

As I stated, a single decoy ark can ruin Stego.

I also never stated a single time that stars dictate power? I use chopper solely for bolster, because it’s better than reinforce for the part of my team that it’s in.

All I said was that this game does require a good bit of thinking, albeit quick, though you seem to disagree.

That single decoy ark has to not be near the several flash bombers they could have, also not near metal slashers if it’s metallodious, and decoy has to function at the right time when it can fail

And I’m saying theyre unbalanced, just look at stars.

Stars is not rarity because look at all the rare un evolved arks

And if it was rarity, all earlier OM arks would have more stars than repeats or current OMs

If you had no OMs / egg exlusives, you would lose against any decent masters leaguer, and you couldn’t skill through it

You can’t beat every stun team every time in public matches, no one can.

I also have pvp’d in January/ February. I wasn’t in masters until February, but I know. Does it truly matter how many people use it? A lot do.

Even if it was some niche unknown thing it should still be nerfed.

This is a casual mobile game, but above that, an RPG. And in RPGs, stats and moves matter more than skill almost 100% of the time

I trust you, and won’t argue the point. It was much, much worse back then.
I was pvp’ing, albeit not always in masters, at that point as well.

I’m not trying to start up a flame war with you, you know more about the game than I. You also continually make good points.
I just feel that you’re underplaying Stego in the current meta.