Some changes for PvP Season 63

We have made some changes for the coming PvP season. Here are some simple sum-up for the users may not have noticed.

1. The limited list will no longer apply during special rule period, and it will update every season instead of every 2 seasons.

1. For the event schedule, the gap between ranked PvP and non-ranked PvP has changed to 1 hour instead of 1 day.

1. The new event-limited reward monster will no longer be given out based on the final ranking in ranked PvP; instead, it will require players to defeat a certain number of monsters during ranked PvP. This change ensures that players of all levels have the opportunity to obtain the monster.

2. The top 50 players will now receive one Legendary potion as a ranking reward.

1. [Season 63 Only] 5 Super Epic monsters are added to Limited Rewards. Don’t miss the opportunity to obtain them!

2. We have adjusted the PvP matchmaking for mid-level users to reduce the likelihood of them encountering top players. The previous threshold was roughly set at HR100; it has now been changed to around HR120 (depends on the data we see, it may change again without notice). Please be aware that mid-level users may still encounter top players if they perform exceptionally well in mid-level PvP or purely unlucky.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 122551

1. The usual receptionist has enlisted an intern to assist with some of her tasks.
27 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

:pray:

Good stuff @Dev_VKC , really solid changes. I especially like the event monster change to defeating 360 mons during ranked rather than getting top 1000. Not that it’s super difficult, but with the influx of new players this will help them bolster their teams easier.

Also the restricted list being updated every season instead of every 2 seasons is a great addition and will help add more diversity to what we may see as “meta”. Thanks for the changes and attention to detail!

Also, I may be ignorant from being used to seeing them mostly naked, but did you guys update the look for the current featured Mythic? (the Orca waifu). It looks like you added bottoms on her!

1 Like

Why is the rewards have been reduced in the end of the year than before

Dev last year’s generosity is crazy, I am very disappointed this year, I remember this PVP to get more than 200 gems last year

So now we don’t get the reward monster at +6 bonus or I’m dumb?
Also I think 360 is too much for most PvE players.

2 Likes

360!!! You are making me even less interested in PvP now!

Assuming you kill on average 10 monsters in a match, which is already generous, that’s probably north of 36 battles. And if I generously calculate the average time to do one battle to be 8 minutes, including the loading times that’s a minimum of 5 hours of gameplay!!! In one weekend???

You should be able to unlock the monster during unranked for that amount of kills! We have already inflation in economics, why do we need to have inflation in Neo Monsters too? :joy:

Seriously, did the same guy come up with that number as with the starter legendary evolution ingredients?

2 Likes

Everything seems fine , but defeating 360 monsters to obtain the monster rewards ,isn’t it too much ?? As someone who works during 2 days of rank and cant play much in those 2 days this seems a bit excessive for me ,how can i get it now

2 Likes

Yep exactly. I guess people who work on weekends are just screwed. This change actually makes the PvP monster less accessible for many people than it was before.

1 Like

I love how they changed it from being a skill issue to a grinding issue :joy: good thing I routinely get a bit over four times as much as the requirement

@Dev_VKC You should keep track of how many players pass 360 kills and lower the threshold if fewer than 1000 players get it by the end of the season

8 Likes

Pretty sure I won’t make it. 360 kills in 3 days means 120 per day. At least 10 full battles. Don’t have these amount of time for a zombie rather than studying tbh.

2 Likes

did top 50 players not have legend potions as part of their rewards before? i honestly dont know if this change was to give more rewards to them or less

This is what i was thinking. Im a parent and during the weekend my children has exstra activity tournaments and such for handball and balle etc so i spend alot of time keeping up with that

Like i get why they do it like this but this is far to exsessive with having to do 30-36 battles which becomes 12 tickets on friday saterday and sunday which is like 2. 2 and a half houers of play

Im not ducky i aint got time for that

2 Likes

And this will be even harder if our opponents run or pretend to disconnect after We killed 2 - 3 of thier monsters. Even for 30 monsters for daily gems sometimes We need 5 - 6 battles or more if our opponents run early. And the game also don’t count the monsters We defeat if We disconnected.

3 Likes

360 monsters is too much. I think 100 monsters is more reasonable.

3 Likes
  1. The top 50 players will now receive one Legendary potion as a ranking reward.

I think it’s a good change. If it could be considered in the future, I think it would be a good idea to change the number of potions earned by 1st place to at least 5. This is because the first place in UC can obtain five potions.

I have won first place in both PvP and UC, but I think that winning first place in PvP is by far the most difficult.
UC doesn’t have any problems with the same team every time, it’s not difficult to create a team (almost no Awaken Mythic required), and each battle can be over in less than three minutes.
On the other hand, in PvP, it is necessary to create a team based on the restriction list each time, and Awaken Mythic is highly necessary, and each battle usually takes about 5 to 10 minutes.
In this way, it seems strange that the number of potions obtained in difficult PvP is lower than in UC.

3 Likes

Please understand that the change to the PvP exclusive reward monster isn’t about making it easy to obtain. Previously, it was limited to the top 1000 ranked PvP players. The change aims to give players, who may not have the strongest monsters but are willing to put in the effort, a chance to acquire the monster.

During the ranked PvP, there are a total of 92 battles. You only need to participate in half of them, which is 46 battles. With a 50% win rate, reaching a score of 360 should be easily achievable. Interestingly, the average number of battles played by the top 1000 users in the previous PvP was also around 46.

Additionally, even in battles you lose, you can still accumulate a significant number of monster kills. Furthermore, in many battles, your opponents will have more than 16 monsters due to summoned token monsters, cloned monsters, and revived monsters.

In conclusion, for most users who typically rank within the top 1000, this change should have minimal impact. It might require those with an extremely high win rate to play more games than usual, but we believe the benefits of this change for mid-level players and beginners far outweigh any minor inconveniences. Our goal is to create a more enjoyable and inclusive experience for all our players. I hope you understand.

9 Likes

@Dev_VKC is the event limited monster reward remains same for upcoming pvp’s or is this applicable only for this current pvp as new year special

Can you adopt my recommendations to bring fair to different time zone players? I think you know what I am talking about.