RAW turned Protectors in Deadweight

lul idk what to think on one hand I’m mad that persephia’s passive pumps deadweight into my team and on the other I enjoy stun locking with novadrake

Mastermarco does it, not sure if the idea was taken from you.

2 Likes

The problem is that you don’t need to abuse them to be protector locked.

Just run one, it’ll get ignored and the match turns in a 3vs4.

Ah didn’t think he’d have the guys to pull it off. We won’t have to worry about that for a week :joy::joy::joy:

Ah so he’s been after all? Hopefully he’ll come back more chill.

1 Like

Oh wow I just realised it… godfather when every one of his allies dead with last bite is pretty much every unit that is being played right now.

Yeah sure that’s why you used to run 1 protector + 3 AP + Auro not 2 seasons ago :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Scorp was released AFTER RAW buff get your facts straight…

Thanks i take all the credit for that although when i first proposed it a lot of people call me crazy because AP Spam was nerfed enough :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I’m glad with the change to the meta and, like LemonSqueezy said, protectors can still be run it’s just in top level PvP where you meet some teams that have enough raw they can actually protector lock.

Right now in the meta using too many protectors at the front of your team is probably asking to be protector locked. You won’t have enough aggression to remove the raw monsters so you’ll let the opponent take over the match. In the past protectors were a way of forcing the opponent to kill things and it slowed them down but that’s not the way they work any more. Now each protector is used at the sacrifice of some aggression and you have to either not use too many, use ones which have good moves to offer or set them up beforehand by having enough aggression to remove enemy raw monsters.

I don’t think raw has killed protectors. I think raw has made protectors a much less powerful mechanic that now has to be played smartly.

2 Likes

Auro and my protectors (Skeleviathan and Musashoid) are both there to support my Death Revenge subtheme while protecting Gorgodrake, which I built around, as it takes him 55 extra secs to respawn after Devil’s Luck. Arboribratus is there because I built around Oakthulhu later in my team.

If you think that’s AP Spam, then you’ve forgotten how the real thing works.

Scorpiogeist was released before the RAW buff, but it wasn’t actually featured in an egg until after the update. In other words when Scorpiogeist was first conceived RAW was intended as a nerf.

Don’t be aggressively ignorant, it’s not pretty and frankly there’s no need either.

2 Likes

I didn’t knew you considered “released” the moment it was shown in the monsterdex in that case you’re right but i don’t think so…

You runned Skele Mushashoid Sherloid and Arboribartus + Auro that’s textbook AP Spam idk why you AP Spammers try so hard to not be labeled as that :joy::joy::joy::joy:

How I’m i being ignorant or agressive it’s just the way i write

You only need one. Not every team runs front lines full of S+ Stun Immune sweepers, some need additional support like stun protection or combo enablers.

And yes, I know that Angelion is a thing, but running chrono weak front lines comes with its own set of problems.

Exactly! Protectors allowed for slower strategies in the meta, now we’re back to faster strategy wins.

And protectors always came at the sacrifice of aggression. As I said in the OP, take out Bloom and you get an easy win.

I disagree. You can’t control what kind of monsters the opponent has, so there’s no smart approach to it, and with protectors you can’t even make the killer move reasoning of “my team is weak to Auto Poison here, so I’ll run a Scarleguard”.

I never ran all of that together, I always cycled through them as I worked on my team.

The only protector I kept around all the time is Arboribratus, who’s been there (later) in my team with Oak since he was first featured in an egg. Also I don’t see how he’s “textbook AP Spam” as I’ve literally never seen him played by any AP Spammer.

The real AP Spam comes with Camoflage to make the sweeper incredibly hard to take down, shields to keep stuff around as long as possible, and many, many more protectors. I just ran 2/3 to maximize my Gorgo’s chances to get a turn after Devil’s Luck.

Of course not it was released shortly before AP Spam nerf :joy::joy::joy::joy: and there was an SE in 2nd form that did the same job much better because it was 7 cost until it was nerfed of course

Dude Arboribratus is a very old monster. I don’t even think AP Spam was a thing when he was first released.

Maybe you missed him the first time around? He came in a pretty unassuming spacial egg with Atlantyrant, Tagosenshi and Mulasaem if I’m not mistaken. The kind of egg that only a poison obsessed fellow like me opened. @Killerdog correct me if I’m wrong.

Man it was released on September 2019 along in a special egg as you say with Tago Atlantyrant and OAK not mulasem (Mulasem was released on August of that same year) that was 1 month before the 4th anniversary update that was know as the 1st massive AP Spam nerf with RAW and Stealth buffed True hit created (with the titans) and twig came with that update too

1 Like

Oak was a featured in 2019? Damn!

Regardless my team wasn’t worthy of the higher brackets until he came along and I remade it, so maybe that’s why I haven’t met any AP Spammer before then.

Did Bloom come out before Arboribratus then?

EDIT: Damn, she did! Index wise at least.

Featured on a special egg as i said yes!!! Released as you imply NO!!!
Oak was featured with increased odds in that egg because the released monster (arboribartus) was his combo

I wasn’t implying that though.

1 Like

KEKW you don’t genuinely believe that, do you? :joy:

2 Likes

Honestly, that’s exactly what I’m running right now but haven’t been locked yet. Things tend to bypass, but it’s rare someone has the monsters and is able to pull it off

Agree :blush: