Give Skeleviathan some love

I haven’t seem this monster in a long time in PvP since AP Spam nerf i hatch it last time it was featured and I’ve never used it in any PvP team it could use some buff to make it more useful my suggestions are:

1. Give him a second Passive which allows him to have a chance to stay alive long enough to make his SS a viable strategy. I think hold ground would do it
  2. Maybe the AP Spam nerf could be just that not an All Protectors Nerf. the changes made to finish ap spam finish protectors too i think that shouldn’t be that way
  3. Maybe if we make protectors inmune to protector killers skills until they start protecting would be good for this kind of monsters which are almost abandoned (this last one is @LemonSqueezy idea i think, i saw it in another thread comments and it seems very reasonable to me)
  4. Suggestions
    P.D.: Please don’t eat me alive

Lol what do you think @Icono ?

Yeah he needs a buff and there is a thread for buffideas but ok.I only saw him in pvp very very rarely before the protector nerf.

That’s my point i was rare now is even more rare

It’s like this in Evertale and personally I don’t like it as much. It means you have to line up protector killer rather than it being a direct counter to protectors. We just got saved from a really bad period of protectors, we should avoid causing another one!

I reckon what Skeleviathan needs is a powerful passive where it spawns a rock at the back of the team when it gets hit. Maybe a high chance to do it if it turns out that is too overpowered. It fits the design of making it an impenetrable wall and there are a number of counters to handle it / kill it despite its ability to keep healing with quick devour.

2 Likes

I really like this idea

All the protectors won’t be changed for the sake of only skele, so reasonably the best thing to do is something along the lines of what Killerdog said or increase his tankiness somehow. Maybe harden carapace? Imagine the prospect of protect focus and harden carapace active at the same time when his HP is over 70%? It means in FL it will be hard to 1 shot him. Or a new passive 'Impenetrable armor" This monster is immune to the “piercing” effect.

Defence only factors in up to when it is double the attacker’s attack stat. So protect focus makes all rounded monsters and below deal the minimum damage they will deal, only the standard attack and full attack monsters deal above the minimum.

Impenetrable armour is another cool idea.