OLD Tier List

I don’t understand how you made the pvp list. What are the criteria? Cause when I see noxdargon better than icefang or ultima, I don’t undestand.

1 Like

You don’t play enough pvp to rank pvp monster. On the next list get with a top tier pvp player to help u. I can’t belive you got nox over fang. Fang one shot everything expected lightning monster. He charge fast and potted he sweeper in 84 sec. plus he had roaring which is one of the best passive for pvp. You got gear rank to high for pvp. You got the Nebl and cos to high. Idk :neutral_face: I’m shock. Where BUCK at

1 Like

I am also shocked that fang one shot everything of non-lighting type.

If you want to be constructive please use a nicer tone. I’m pretty sure we’ve met many times in PvP so you should know that I play with the top tier and at times have had a top 10 or top 5 team (I’m talking about win rate against the top players, not VP score). I don’t demand respect from you but please don’t be disrespectful to me.

Fang does not one-shot the tankier legendaries. He is also way too easily handled a lot of the time. He is commonly used, but I believe he is overrated.

Have you ever tried using Gear in PvP? Also, what is your overall opinion on Cosmo and Nebel now, since the recent update?

@Z19_Bagorah @Guwop @Yakuza
Okay I’ve just taken another look at Icefang, Noxdragon and Ultimadragon and referred to my notes.

I explained some of the “criteria” used for rating in various posts. Monsters that were specifically outclassed by others that do very similar things were pushed lower than you might expect as well as there being more heavy focus on monsters that combo well with others in the PvP tier list. Icefang sadly suffered under both of these conditions. I think Buckingham and I spoke about Icefang a long time ago and he said to me how it had been overrated since its release which is why he dropped it from S+ to A. I knocked it down from A to B because all his listings were one tier too high for PvP and it’s start to compare to be comparatively worse overall now that better monsters are entering the game (plus the two things above). I know that many of you love Icefang and feel that roaring entrance is incredibly strong in PvP but Celeshine goes to show how strong monsters can be made with roaring entrance and still they’re not overpowered. I don’t expect you to agree with every listing I make and I knew a portion of people would complain about Icefang but did you notice how Buckingham slowly dropped it from S+ to S, S to A+ then A+ to A or did that slip by you?

Noxdragon is widely regarded as very weak. However, accelerate team is very useful and the assisted moves are surprisingly strong. He’s on par with Ashterios for PvP, who is also in the A+ tier. If you have some good shadow monsters I recommend you give him a try sometime. Potted to +5 then accelerated (which he can do on himself) gives you a 49TU link bloodthirst. Couple that with the fact he has hold ground and make the rest of your team good then he can be very deadly. He’s a supportive sweeper that is deceptively good.

Ultimadragon is great because of the death revenge and stun immunity. Stun flash is a pretty useful skill to have but it struggles to do much at all while on the field until lots of time has passed. It’s quite tanky but without hold ground it can be put down when it’s a problem and its sweeping is 130TU, much slower than others that sweep at 70TU. Ultimadragon has his place and can be good but in top level PvP he doesn’t make enough of an impact for too long that he leaves your team open for the opponent to take control. I’d love to put him higher because I use him a lot in PvE but I settled for A in general and C+ in PvP. I’d probably put him as B in PvP if he wasn’t so easy for top players to punish that he almost becomes a bit of a burden in some cases (like Mojinator).

I hope that clarifies things a little better and, at worst, we can agree to a difference in opinion :slight_smile:

nox cannot heal itself, so there is no way to make it on par with ash.

KD you should know that nox requires a specific setup to work, specifically nox, shadow, gallio, alphagear or nox, zhu, azra, talo with tene at 5th, if no similar setup then I’m afraid nox cant be used to the fullest, I’m a nox user myself so i know what I’m talking about. Icefang is either a beast or dead weight in pvp depending on where its placed so I agree with how ice is rated.

My tone is fine. And fang does one shot everything with crave. Gear takes to long to setup in pvp so no i don’t use him and the DR monsters would b a B rank max. But i give them a C.

See that why your list is not good You going off of how monster work with other but you have to go out of how good they are by themselves. Any monster can be good if setup right even a SE sleeper so next time rethink your list when you update again

1 Like

The whole point of a pvp tier list is that you have supporting monsters lol.

Accelerate team. Also 14 cost versus 16 cost.

Nox lineups which compete with other great lineups are hard to create. However, what I’ve found best is Nox, sweeper, support, defence. With Nox’s accelerate and the other sweeper to help him charge link bloodthirst then you don’t need any more damage output and can use the other two slots for defence/support. My favourite lineup I’ve mentioned a few times… Noxdragon, Zhulong, Soulstealer, Bitterbeast. Those four monsters can beat many of the SCBs without a single monster dying and they can do many of the other events with very little trouble. For PvP it’s too slow to get going for a front line unless you get lucky with Soulstealer’s sleep all. However, Noxdragon still works brilliantly in a serious link shadow team with his assisted dusk and instant overwatch guaranteeing a second attack.

Yeah with bloodcrave of course, but not with assassinate which is what we were talking about I think. Gear is far harder to set up in PvP but he’s crazily good if you can and the instant double repulse is extremely good in PvP. I wish a few more people used Gear in PvP, I may have to use him someday myself to give him some love.

When Buckingham wrote this tier list thread he did it as follows:
“General” - includes no base on combos, it assumes you only have each monster by itself
“PvP” - includes all combos, it assumes you have everything

I felt like this was too extreme and it definitely led to some radical rankings of certain monsters like ones in particularly good combos at the time were S or S+ when the monster itself was terrible. I changed the way this tier list is done so it takes combos into account for both tier lists but less so in General and more so in PvP. I’ve done my best to try and find the right balance where the combos which legendaries have in PvP are taken into account but not completely. The only exception is the Azhubris combo (Azra, Zhu, Tene) because this requires three specific limited legendaries and, despite being a brilliant way to sweep the enemy front line, leaves your team a little bit open and isn’t as strong as when it first came out (various monsters can counter it or take advantage of it now).

P.S. If monsters were ranked as stand-alone in PvP then Icefang would be a lot higher. He’s a great tool by himself but when you look at the overall picture of top tier PvP then he’s way behind what teams can do.

You better show me that zhu, nox, soul, bitter lineup coz I have never seen that work in pvp, my nox line up is better than that, nox fl counters include zib fl and poison fl, even an azhu fl counters that as well.

I still will point out that angelion can’t be put in S+. He is strong but the fact he has to be without any protector ( don’t bs with staticsphere) means he is chrome, sear food. Even in right set up he will get kill. We have a ton of chrono killer. You talk about icefang being overrated but you do the same thing with angelion.

2 Likes

No the list is to rate each monster in pve or pvp events. As i said. Any monster can do well in pvp if setups right

Thank you. I’m not even gone respond nomo. I’m glad we got line to discuss the game with knowledgeable people

1 Like

Well yeah, but some will do better than others with set up obviously, which is where the tier list comes in.

You’re not required to use raw bloodfury, raw bloodfury just means that he turns into a sweeper, at the expense of vulnerability. He is plenty usable next to protectors.

Heck, he can be a check for them “kill my protector, and pay for it with setting me up”

Just using retribution ? that’s not really optimal set up if you ask. This list isn’t good, kryokaizer in A so above jawshank ( who is a roaring entrance one shot machine on any proctector) or ziberius is completely bs.

1 Like

Old pvp list specifically specified each monster is under optimum conditions, including support etc. Exactly the same as this one.

Also icefang is a weird one in that it’s either amazing or useless depending on what it’s facing and the meta it’s in. I haven’t played in months so take my opinion with a grain of salt but these days protectors usually only turn up in teams that need a bit of time to set up, and most of them won’t be broken by fang. And even more just don’t use protectors at all, leaving him almost useless unless he can steal a bloodcrave kill.

As time has gone on and more options besides protect absorbers have been released there have been steadily less targets for him, hence he was slowly dropping.

Also I know all of you are like “ugh this list is horrible because its different” but at least give it a chance first, treat it as a fresh post rather than a continuation of an old one. It takes many MANY hours of work to keep updated so some respect for one of the few guys willing to take it on wouldn’t go amiss.

Tl;DR icefang is getting worse, don’t be so quick to judge.

2 Likes

He has freaking stun counter lol. You don’t need retribution or raw bloodfury, those are follow up to if drako/aegis gets killed. It’s like a more defensive anti-control leogeist.