Legendary tier list [Input needed]

So it was brought to my attention in another thread that we don’t actually have a tier list for the monsters in this game. I want to start that project here.

Basically this has to be a community thing, the more data we get the more accurate this will be. I’ve come up with a sort of starting list, as you post suggestions I will edit this list depending on how often certain suggestions come up.

Bear in mind you don’t have to place monsters in a tier if you don’t want to, just some information like “stormloch is better than flarevern” is still useful.

Also this list assumes no specific support, so while monsters like stormloch can be good, without support they are mediocre. Since the people looking at this list are most likely going to be new players, it might be best to keep it this way. So bear that in mind when making suggestions

Legendary Tier list:

S+: Dragaia, Godfeather, 

S:   Rexotyrant, Aegisdragon, Ultimadragon, Atrahasis

A+: Aurodragon, Nightrider, Lavaronix, Kamiwyrm, Shadowyrm, Oniblade, Serapheon, 

A:   Nightlord, Celestion, Cybereon, Warca, Motordragon

B+: Flarevern, Omegadragon, Tiamazus, Polareon,Shadowhunter, Stormloch, Chronotitan, Bahamuzar,

B:   Talosquire, Apollorexus,  Nebrelonix, Goldtail

C+: Cryokaiser, Sanctillion

C:   Soulstealer

D:   Dolphlare, 

Dude, raise cryo and sanc, they have great last stand potential.

thanks again for making this! It may be subjective but the general gist of the list helps noobs like me know where each legendary stands compared to other ones. Hopefully it can be perfected and eventually include super epics too!

I would say the best way to rank the would be the number of monsters you can expect to kill with each one. Oniblade for example pretty much always gets 3 kills so he should be pretty high. Atrahasis works pretty much like rexotyrant only safer. Instead of eating a random monster for bloodfurry you can target you own death reveng monster, get a guarenteed death revenge kill and then bring up his blood crave. Blood furry is better than crave so that is the trade off but I think that they belong in the same tier. Supporters like serephon enable kills but are not strong on their own so they are more difficult to place.

Just my 2 cents

a tier list like this is hard to make… its obvious the Last Biters are the strongest by far.

Everything else however is strongly subjective to the rest of your team.

if you have a full poison damage focussed team flareven could be beneficial to you more than the other high ranked ones for example.

if however you are fully focussing on sleep Shadowhunter might be higher in the list

Ultimadragon Is not better than nightrider, i got both and the nightrider is so much stronger, and i think apollorexus and taloknight are much worse, shadowhunter and loch are definetly better with a Team around them than these 2, and soulstealer is with a Team around him Pretty good, not as bad as dolph
I would rate oniblade also much higher, his combo is Pretty Broken u can easily kill 5-7 mon without any Problems
This list seems only based on the general strength but doesnt take the strength of a Team around them in consideration so meh

Also this list assumes no specific support,

You have to imagine it as if each legend on this list was the only one you had, then rate them accordingly. Loch for example is a good monster, but only if you can support it well.

I think nightrider could be moved up, soulstealer needs a lot of support to work so I’m not sure about it.

I haven’t used oniblade so I’ll take your word for it.

Also this list assumes no specific support,

Atrahasis is one that I’m debating on moving up. The only reason I’m wary is cause it inherently relies on your other monsters being good to work well. I’l move it up for now though.

They do have that, but compare them to the other legendaries that can function in a greater variety of teams. Putting cryokaiser in an f2p means he’s going to create a duplicate and then be virtually useless without some water monsters to power him up. The duplicates can come in useful but it won’t affect a game too much.

I pretty much agree with your list bar a few changes, and I would also order each tier as well (omega is slighlty better than Tiamazus etc). I pretty muched switched A and B+ around too. The death revenge/survivors aren’t that great IMO.

Legendary Tier list:

S: Rexotyrant, Ultimadragon, Aegisdragon
A+: Nightrider, Serapheon, Shadowyrm, Kamiwyrm, Atrahasis, Lavaronix
A: Nightlord, Celestion, Cybereon, Warca, Omegasdragon Flarevern, Tiamazus, Polareon, Oniblade
B+: Nebelronix, Bahamuzar, Talosquire, Apollorexus, Chronotitan,
B: Shadowhunter, Stormloch, Goldtail
C: Sanctillion, Cryokaizer
D: Soulstealer, Dolphlare

They’re decent in Assisted teams, but nothing comes close to a last biter as last monster. Too many stun immune/absorb and auto poison counters. Especially in PvP where people know how to play it.

It seems agreed that the death revengers should move down.

I have ordered the list from best to worst roughly, so like A: best, medium, worst

Just a note, for the assisted monsters Cryo actually has lower stats than sanctillion, but I’ve put it higher for now just because there are a greater variety of water monsters that can go with it, and relatively few holy monsters that can realistically go with sanctillion if you were making that sort of team, f2p or not.

List updated

Maybe move Serapheon down? And I think you got your C and C+ mixed up.

Your C and C+ are the wrong way round 

Indeed I have, fixed now.

Serapheon is the best supporter in my opinion. He’s so tanky, especially with hold ground and risky heal all. And purify and give turn are so helpful! Wouldn’t make a team without him! I’d move him up

It suffers from the same problem as atrahasis in that it depends on the team around it, but getting risky heal all off is such a big thing, and give turn / purify / hold ground make it just a strong monster in general even without the heal. 

I’m keeping an eye on it, I think atrahasis works with more teams in general though, whereas serapheon needs to support specific sweepers like bloodcravers more. It can support anything really, but it supports some monsters better than others. 

Don’t forget stunning entrance! That’s helpful too😁 Serapheon supports any sweepers. Atra is more general yes, but you’d still rather necromancy certain monsters rather than others… I think they’re on par

Where would you out motor dragon? A?

Dunno yet, I haven’t seen enough of it to make a judgement.
I’ll be asking around the forums for feedback though.

If he’s more of a support monster, he wouldn’t do so good on his own though. He’s great for supporting, sure, but with him alone maybe a monster like Polareon would be considered better. Just maybe. I guess how good of a support mon he is could keep him at that tier.

if the list assumes no support the list is kinda pointless as this game is all about team and team cooperation

It’s basically to help people who have finally gotten a legendary and want to know whether that legendary is good or bad. People who are putting legendaries in optimal teams most likely know which ones are good and bad already, having played the game for a decent amount of time.

Legendary Tier list:

S: Rexotyrant, Nightrider, Aegisdragon, Ultimadragon, Atrahasis
A+: Lavaronix, Kamiwyrm, Shadowyrm, Oniblade, Serapheon
A: Nightlord, Celestion, Cybereon, Warca
B+: Flarevern, Omegadragon, Tiamazus, Polareon, Talosquire, Apollorexus, Nebrelonix, Chronotitan, Bahamuzar,
B: Shadowhunter, Stormloch, Goldtail
C: Soulstealer
D: Dolphlare,

Okay, I’ll just move some things around according to my opinion, and hopefully give some good reasoning as to why. This is just my opinion

Legendary Tier list:

S: Rexotyrant, Aegisdragon, Ultimadragon, Atrahasis
A+: Lavaronix, Oniblade, Serapheon, Nightrider
A: Nightlord, Celestion, Cybereon, Warca, Kamiwyrm , shadowyrm, Motordragon
B+: Flarevern, Omegadragon, Tiamazus, Polareon, Chronotitan, Bahamuzar, Stormloch, Shadowhunter
B: Goldtail, Apollorexus, Taloknight, Nebelronix
C: Soulstealer
D: Dolphlare

Honestly I moved Nightrider down because I don’t feel he has the same type of OPness as a rexo or aegisdragon or ultimadragon. Yes he is good because he can hold ground and desperate all, but you either have to choose between desperate all or life flip self and survivor like taloknight. You can use life flip self at first, but then you have to have give turn almost to make desperate all useful. And a lot of times you may not want to kill something with poison revenge that will kill nightrider. He is still awesome, just not the S level

I moved shadowyrm and kamiworm down just because of when there are no sleepers or protectors, they have absolutely no use. Unless they’re looking to be timestrike food. If they get bloodthirst they are awesome though.

I put Motordragon in the A tier because basically he can annoy you with two bronzeshells just by entering the field and then he can double repulse and bring them out with a 70 second cool down and then dual bolt them for a free bloodthirst. He is pretty self stable.

I actually moved the death revenge legends (talo, Apollo, and nebelronix) down because imo you have better survivors who can do more than just that. They do have accelerate team, but I prefer something like stun flash or even purify in some cases. Nebelronix is only good for duplicates. Really, he has nothing special about him other than that.

I moved stormloch and shadowhunter up a tier because really they are pretty stable monsters, even being weak to sleep killer. They have a 70 sec sleep TU and can dreamhunt health back. Even a twinkiller would take 2-3 shots to kill it because it holds ground and can dreamhunt hp back and then hold ground again. After they have two kills they are nasty and have a huge amount of hp. Note these don’t work well at all with poison monsters.

And I would like to put a little input on Polareon. It is similar in the usage as a bahamuzar is. Can be extremely dangerous with the right amount of support. But even with a simple polareon and Blitzdragon combo or shinobidragon , it becomes extremely useful. Dreamy entrance is great because he enters the field and sleeps someone. Then he can step back and let’s say we have Blitzdragon next. Now he stuns and he can stepback and hello there’s a 2nd free sleep. Now nightmares grip is very OP as it doesn’t matter about the enemies stats. It leaves a target tree sleep on monster with 1 hp. Protect focus is just as vulnerable as a musharoo. Then to finish the monsters you can use bloodcrave and he’s got that set up for massive damage. Realistically, it is good for coming in and taking out at least 2 monsters. You pair him with something like oniblade or goldtail, and he can sweep entire teams with some support. Still weak to the damn sleep killer because of dreamy entrance

Nightrider is shifting between S and A+, just because by itself it’s a pretty solid monster. You do have to play it a little more carefully than aegis and ultima, but it is nevertheless strong on it’s own. I’m inclined to agree with you though on moving it down, just because as good as desperate all is it’s too vulnerable while sweeping.

I honestly think shadowyrm and Kamiwyrm should stay near the top, even without protectors or sleepers (which is pretty rare) you can pick off hold ground monsters and get bloodthirst going. If more people agree with you i’ll move them down, but they are so good with no support whatsoever that I’m reluctant to shift them down.

Motordragon can enter in at A, i’ll move him about once I get more info.

To be fair the last thing you want your legend to do is die XD They’ve been moved down.

I can agree on the sleep monsters, plus they do have bloodthirst which is a bonus. The hold ground / dreamhunt is the clincher though I think.

From what you say on Polareon he sounds a lot better than I thought, considering that you have bloodcrave and can almost guarantee at least one kill with it. Nightmare’s grip is like 100s if I remember, which means it has less staying power than bahamuzar but less vulnerability.

I don’t think it’s enough to move it up, but it’s close. 

List updated

The thing is, with Shadow/Kamiwyrm they can be amazing, or they can suck. Most teams have a protector of some sort which is where they’re in their element. But they have to kill two before a bloodthirst (which isn’t even close to bloodfury on one kill). Then, if the other team have no sleep/protectors, they’re just there to Ultra-all and hope for the best…

When against the right team, and when they get going, they are awesome, probably better that Rexo because of stun immunity.

I’d say they’re either the worst of the tier, or best if the next…

I’d keep nightider where he is, he can kill 4 enemies in one move, and can do that 4 times with the right support. My Rexo averages about 4 bloodfuries!

You are right, I just think they’re a little above the tier below is all. I might move them down though.

Nightrider was moved down though, because without support desperate all works once pretty much, and then it dies. It’s 4 monsters killed, but you lose the legend with that most of the time. 

I do probably under estimate the power of kamiworm and shadowyrm probably because I love using twin killers with timestrike instead being that they can get a timestrike kill a lot of the time where kami and shadow just have to sit there when there’s a monster with 200 secs

I do hype on them a lot but Kamiwyrm was my 3rd legendary in the game, the first two being cryokaiser and stormloch. For a large portion of the offline story my team revolved around getting him kills to power up bloodthirst, which was easy enough suprisingly cause of either protectors or monsters with hold ground. 

It’s more situational than a timestrike twinkiller but just as powerful IMO

Is there a similar list for epics or super-epics?  I think that would be useful for those who barely have any legendaries.

With a max cost of 173, you can only put 7 legendairies in your team. So if you started the game now, knowing what you know and not having any epics or superepics yet (so you don’t think about synergie with what you have), which 7 legendairies would you choose to start with?