Nerf required (New Monster G.F. Mizu)?

Really interesting discussion to read through!

With the thread title I thought it might be a bunch of people screaming that the passive is broken, but we’ve got a lot of good varied opinions here. I still don’t know perfectly where I fall… too much depends on whether people can figure out a good line-up to use it in. My main thought on it is how you need to first have it on the battlefield then kill enemies to bring new ones in and then it’s “50:50” whether it sleeps each monster. That’s a reasonable hoop to jump through, especially because it’s got a terrible moveset outside a GF setup and you need to build your own team with sleep immunes / low speed. So it’s definitely not OP by nature, but definitely something which could be broken in the right setup.

Another random thought about this monster is it may be very useful for getting kills on dreamhunt teammates, since you put enemies to sleep for a short period and for no effort. Normally it’s good to leave things sleeping but these you may as well kill.

Something I find kind of funny is last week we got Rosegeist, who has 49% speed and auto-poison all… it’s almost like it’s built to counter this!

I think in pve Mizu is strong with low tu sweeper like ExcaDragon, Doom, Shiva, Pola and Nyx.

Her passive alone is strong but surely needs to be build around. Which is great, I love this kind of monster. Its fun instead of broken generic monsters everywhere.

1 Like

Yeah in PvE she’ll be much easier to build around. In PvP you’ve somehow got to get into a good position in the first place while she’s on the battlefield, which is far from a guarantee

Passive Control/anti-Control is always great.

Its 33tu 100% decelerate with camo, high-def, 40tu heal.
Sounds like a threat.

if this skill set was put on a Mythic Jerbo i would have no problems with it.

1 Like

9 Likes

@Dev_VKC how do I know wheter something was slept by Mizu for 100tu or Sakura for 300tu? Does Mizu override Sakura’s passive on monsters over 50% speed? Don’t you think we should know now time on sleep status?

2 Likes

Maybe don’t run them at the same time then. Im guessing mizus sleep takes priority over sakura because ITS 100% guaranteed sleep.

That’s not the solution to the issue when we have now 2 “auto” sleepers with passives that do same thing but for different time units. Also I would like to take a chance of sleeping other monsters under 50% speed as well :sunglasses:

Nah priority has always been in the game. Just look at lava entrance triggering before death revenge is. So you’ll just have to deal with it. Also having 2 passives that put you to sleep, the 100% guaranteed one should always work first just because its 100% guaranteed. Otherwise it would be way to broken

2 Likes

If so, then they should clarify it. It’s dumb we need to test new mechanics or guess how stuff will behave in certain situations.

1 Like

With it being 100% guaranteed this all makes sense to me. You can’t sleep something that was already put to sleep…

Ironically in the screenshot it doesn’t matter because it’s just about to get purified by Redybug

1 Like

Bro​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would like to say that this debate is severely flawed by what people think of when they say „this is nice to make use less of the fast no brain monsters. What comes to your mind when you think of a fast monster? Probably not the likes of Albakhan, Sturge, Voidres, Midas, Albakhan, Icefang. Yet, all of them will be put to sleep. Thats kind of ridiculous. I think this passive would be fair if the threshold would be 65 or 70 % but 50 % is insane.

5 Likes

I agree 50% is a bit low, it means more than half the monsters get affected (average speed is about 54%). Something like 60% would probably achieve the goal better. There is always a trade-off though, because the higher the number then the user can run higher speed monsters alongside it. That matters more for a monster like G.F. Mizu where it’s on a passive so you can’t switch it off. With Nyx you can run faster monsters behind and choose not to use fermata. So I think it’s a complex thing to mess around with, especially if we’re going to see monsters doing this kind of effect in different ways

but is it also the median speed? :point_up::nerd_face:

2 Likes

Can’t believe to see people arguing this much about a passive of a legendary that affect even your team while we have like 3-4 borken mythics that should be nerfed but no one talk about

Buff Mizu! :partying_face::partying_face:

4 Likes

Lol, figure it out yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like