Neo Golden / Dark Days.

I used to have a lot of accounts back in like 2017, remembered the 5 gem thing quite well.

Dark days for me were the original Dolphin Bond with Phreeze keeping Unmovable boy was that crazy

If I were playing neo during this , I would have quit for sure

1 Like

Was the game a thing or not ?

I only lived this ones the rest was unknown to me

How was this possible why was it that bad???

Oh yeah good times, when the whole world was in slo-mo. An efficient farming technique was key if you wanted to get done with your tickets in a reasonable amount of time. PvP stayed as 1x speed for a long time after the rest of the game got sped up until they finally made it 2x speed.

Are you talking about the cumulative login bonus? That came at the same time Chronozeros and the 5* starters came out. They brought those out in September 2016 I think, shortly after I started. It’s why I have among the highest cumulative login of anyone (logged in every single day since it started - just a bit lost I think from back when it didn’t refresh every 24 hours, only from the time you logged in). My cumulative login is 1490. Max is probably 1510 or something.

Yeah we couldn’t even open the youth fruit menu if we didn’t have a monster to train. So if you went over 10 then next time you went into a mission you’d have to sell off all your excess fruit at that point.

2 Likes

No stun immunity. Element eradication rather than retribution (slightly worse). Backstab was 130TU or something like that. It came out two months before secret skills existed too.

Basically it had to use a 130TU backstab to charge itself then bloodfury from there but had medium speed and low defence so it simply died or was stunned before. It was considered one of the worst sweepers to ever come out.

Then they changed it to element retribution, made backstab 50TU and gave it stun immunity… which completely broke it. I don’t think they really considered how people would use backstab to win games. They later nerfed backstab to 60TU, made it 5 uses and gave Geomagnus a secret skill of ally substitute… which is what we see today. It was a very controversial topic because particular top spenders didn’t want it nerfed and made boycott threats to the company. I think that’s why we saw 60TU backstab rather than 70TU. It was a compromise.

2 Likes

130sec Backstab, Element Eradicate and, surprise surprise, NO STUN IMMUNITY

Though also remember, in the past DR could be activated by Backstabbing

1 Like

Now this, I hope they didn’t stick to the game lmao

1 Like

Wow it was awful thanks god they buff it because it’s one of my fav monsters artwork and move set wise

ewwwww ew ew ew you had to remind me of that lol

Ah thanks, was just looking around the forum archives trying to figure out exactly what was so bad about him before. Lost track of the specifics

Did heaways have blood fury? I kinda remember him having bloodcrave

1 Like

My darkest day was when they nerfed my precious lagodragon…

:frowning:

1 Like

Yes, always bloodfury. A while before his release bloodfury was basically considered the ideal sweeping move and it only came with awkward/slow setup (see Rexotyrant - considered an amazing sweeper). That was probably their thinking with the 130TU backstab… but times had moved on a little bit from when they designed him.

It also looks like their original intention was to have him punish link teams… way before link was a thing. Element eradicate was 1-time use so if the opponent had a bunch of monsters the same element then Geomagnus could maybe grab a kill that way without having to kill a teammate. However, that was never going to happen in reality.

Remember when bovolcus first released, I accidently pulled him with a single. He was sooo bad back then. Deathmatch mode was 180 TU, had bloodthirst instead of double version of it. Im pretty sure it didn’t low TU move like purify and also didn’t have insomnia.

Also, remember when stun and chrono monsters were going ramabage? Before they nerfed the hell out of their speed.

Ah… remember when chrono(something F2P obtain legendary) was actually good? Lol

1 Like

You might want to add the original Galliodragon to that list. Probably the single worst legendary that ever was released.

1 Like

Duscy was the worst thing to ever happen to Neo

Followed closely by payback killer

3 Likes

As far as some of the best days Neo ever had,

It was either the day @eNjiin quit or the day @Mr.X quit. Both great days for the Neo community as a whole

2 Likes

Oh right!! lmao that was pathetic. I mean he’s not exactly amazing nowadays, but still, he came a looooong way

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like