My issue with a certain few attacks...

Dracorosa deadweight? Get out of here. He will always have purifying mist to use which is SUPRISE a move that counters double hitting moves that this thread is talking about how low effort and high reward they are (not talking about assassinate, double timestrike, etc…).

1 Like

For magma slap a 50tu restriction on it since it’s first turn to use its SS just like how TT has the same restriction.

2 Likes

I disagree with your point of view, this is very bad, this is not evertale

1 Like

Just want to reiterate that I myself refrained from suggesting the one at a time basis thing because it potentially seemed too harsh to me. It could work if they pull it off just right, to be sure, but I still feel that minor damage nerfs are a far safer route that could accomplish the same goal.

Instead of nerfs we need to talk about buffing gloreonix and prismpaw.

2 Likes

Also should reiterate that this thread was not an attempt to take attention away from any of the other issues, be it other monsters in need of buffs or nerfs. I was just trying to highlight a specific issue bothering me that I didn’t see anyone else bringing up before now, while all the other issues were being discussed already. The double thing is by no means the only problem with the meta right now, never meant to imply that.

We already know this is going to happen.

1 Like

I sure hope not

1 Like

That’s a good point to be fair. From a support point of view it’s not deadweight.

Still. Just want to see Canni and Magma looked at. Nothing else.

1 Like

Potential Magmarinus fix

This is exactly what they should have done originally. To be honest I’d still support a 50TU restriction on the SS and then put a speed increase on Magma to 85-95%.

This way it can ideally come in to finishing snap very fast before using berserk smash (its blood move) and third turn swift dual slayerbane / berserk smash. If there is no finishing snap target you do one berserk attack before getting the swift dual slayerbane.

Potential Canishogun fix

Turn double counter strike into RAW Counter Strike (80TU / 100TU) so it can always be used to hit that fire monster but it won’t punish the enemy team too hard for having something fire as soon as the battle starts / Canishogun enters the field.

I don’t think many Canishogun front lines include protectors and in general stun converters do well without protectors so I don’t think adding RAW restricts the monster at all.

EDIT: Completely forgot about enlist lvl 4!! In that case just single counter strike (100TU) is probably the best approach. With piercing retribution, counter strike and bloodthirst he should get kills just fine.

1 Like

You forget that he has a move that inserts 2 protectors next in line… bad chemistry. Maybe a simple single CS will do just fine, it’s absolutely a strong enough move on its own.

1 Like

Lol whoops yes I did! I thought about every move except that one. I was also considering link but then thought that restricted him too much. Ironically enlist lvl 4 helps set up link for him.

He’s probably fine with single counter strike. Getting to bloodthirst might look tough on paper but with piercing I’m sure he’s okay.

I’ve thought about sparking a serious discussion about magma before… what bothers me about his SS beyond the fact that it’s broken as hell is that it overshadows his normal moveset and ruins his intended theme. It’s clear based on his original moveset he’s meant to be a mindless, aimless killing machine, not even paying attention to what he’s ripping apart… kinda makes sense for a shark made of literal magma lol. But dual slayerbane is in stark contrast to that theme, suddenly he’s able to pick 2 targets and discern whether they have kills or not? It just doesn’t fit him at all. The problem is, his original moveset is so janky and inconsistent that he’ll often struggle to get kills, and can’t really be run with sleep or stun because he may end up breaking their locks.

So with those things in mind, I’d like to propose a completely different SS, one that expands on the core moveset in a way that covers its glaring weaknesses reasonably well, while helping him remain a fair and balanced monster. Perhaps something like “concentrate”, a 70-100 TU move that grants him control over his next 3 uses of his berserk moves. Or “lock on”, a 1-30 TU move that, when using it on a certain enemy, guarantees that berserk attacks will choose it every time until it’s dead(and give it that mark effect that nefariodon uses for good measure :p). In fact, perhaps the berserk moves could be merged into the infantile archetype that is Mark, making it so that any move with Berserk in its name will automatically target marked monsters… that would be really fun, giving the archetype the unique niche of being able to pick a high priority monster, no matter what it is, and basically ensuring that that specific monster goes down no matter what. I think either way it’d be a pretty unique way to stifle the rng element of his core concept and give him more strategic depth.

2 Likes

Man that’s too long to read just about magma.

1 Like

Okay then. tl;dr, magma’s core concept is contradicted by his OP SS, should get a new one. My best idea is called “lock on”, extremely low TU move that marks an enemy and guarantees it’ll get hit by berserk moves. I think it’d be a fair and unique expansion of the mark archetype that the devs seem hesitant to push forward with, probably for fear of how easy it could become to mark everything in sight, a danger magma couldn’t really contribute to since he only gets one.

But it’s not appealing . People would rather smash the low tu enemy than marking and stuff .

Ye smash being RnG is complete lie

There are many good reasons to nerf a monster. Personal taste is not one of them. You’ve been away quite some time from the game and Magma has been a target of your complaints ever since your return. I don’t think that what you brought up makes sense anyway because magmas main goal is to get a kill as fast as possible so his SS fits the moveset very well but apart from that:

We have so many nerf discussions in this forum, it’s ridiculous. But at least most of them are based actual negative in game experience (a monster is too strong, a combo is broken etc). If we are starting now to start nerf discussions because we look at the monster and think that a move doesn’t fit the moveset then we completely move away from any common sense discussions because it’s all down to personal taste and extremely subjective opinions. Next stop would be: I don’t like the monster plz nerf.

A nerf should be the last resort and there needs to be a objectively strong reason for it to happen. This has proved to be a good way to handle it and I would be glad if we wouldn’t move way from it

1 Like

Forgive me, I don’t mean to say a monster’s theme conflict should be grounds for a nerf… my logic was that since themes aside his SS is generally considered too oppressive, and thus is probably due for a change, I may as well bring up the moveset conflict in the hopes of inspiring a specific change that not only balances him out but also gives him a more coherent and unique role. I’d never ask for a nerf over something so petty if there was no other reason lol.

If I were to propose a change based on that alone, then it wouldn’t be a nerf at all, just a rework/partial buff. Of course, giving that to a monster that’s already balanced, even if the chemistry is irksome, is FAR lower priority than monsters that genuinely need buffs and nerfs. It’d just be a bit of a cool thing to have happen anyway as long as it’s not at the expense of balance, you know?

this page just seems like a rant about monsters that you dont own.

Canishogunn is not a great sweeper and double counter strike had the worst restriction in the game and it has high tu am surprised no buff threads has been made about this.

Compared to scorpion raw double poison eater 100 tu that has way lower restriction and bypass protectors let me guess you didnt include scorpion in this thread because you own him.

2 Likes

Lets not even talk about angelion

4 Likes