The Third Way

As you may’ve heard over the last 8 or so months, a lot of players have been expressing their distaste for Deathgazer, and not without reason. In the right circumstances, it’s mere presence can turn the entire game around and leave some players feeling robbed of a victory. And while I disagree with the whole ‘robbed’ sentiment, it’ll be foolish of me to ignore it’s impact on the game.

That’s not to say that players have posted their suggestions for possible nerfs; some have expressed a desire to see Fast Forward Entrance nerfed to 30-25 seconds, while others want to see the passive removed altogether. Killerdog has made a suggestion for a ‘first entrance’ mechanic, where a monster’s entrance only works the first time it enters the battlefield. I can see where he’s coming from as it mitigates the need to slap Unmovable onto a monster (which happened to by my initial suggestion for a Gazer tweak) Other people have stated that Gazer is fine the way it is, pointing out it’s less than ideal moveset as a compromise for such a powerful passive. But my dear players, I think I may’ve found an ideal solution to the problem that doesn’t require the devs to touch Gazer at all.

Time Freeze

One of my biggest gripes with the passive is that it doesn’t affect passives such as Stun Counter and whatnot. Granted, it says that it only affects ACTIVE skills that grant turns to a monster, but I feel it should apply to passives as well. By doing so, it’ll nullify Fast Forward Entrance, as well as other turn-granting passives (The monsters with Stun Counter/Converter will still get their anti-stun effects, but they won’t get a turn.) I’m not calling for a nerf or anything, I’m merely raising a discussion on whether or not Time Freeze should get a buff. Thank you all for reading my post.

1 Like

As an avid lover of stun counter even I’m unsure as to why you can use it with time freeze on field. It should be fine because so long as only 2 monsters have it

What happens to roaring entrance , execute , guardian execute and similar moves that seem to be on rise

Regarding all of the above, they won’t get a turn. Simple as that.

So another Bastia sort of just to shut down the eye ?

I also agree with the argument about stun counter and converter since modified time freeze will allow stunning entrance to be used without much repercussions . But I’m not sure about the rest

I totally disagree with time Freeze blocking roaring entrance
Agreed with the rest
Also Time freeze should block duel

Not as extreme as her, but I see where you’re coming from. It wouldn’t just shut down Gazer, but it’ll be a semi-counter to Stun Counter and Roaring Entrance.

You want to give stun teams a way to counter stun counters? Isn’t Time’s Up on Raizen enough?

Time Freeze should block Duel, Flame Eater, Execute and Guardian Execute though. Truth be told I thought it did already.

It won’t completely counter the passive; only take away the turn-granting aspect of the passive.

That’s a lot. No, I don’t like this idea at all.

How so? The team’s still immune to stun while the counter’s on the field.

That’s true, you’re still not being affected by entrances, but what keeps those entrances somewhat fair is the fact that they can backfire spectacularly. If you give stun teams a way to stop that, while you might still get to waste a couple of their stuns, it’s only a matter of time before they take a turn, kill your stun protection and stun lock you out of the match.

Plus remember that Huskie would become a risk free Shocking Entrance! No way that ends well.

And besides, that’s only true for Stun Counter. Stun Converter literally becomes nothing, and that’s the more common of the 2.

1 Like

Stun Converter will simply become Stun Immunity under my proposed Time Freeze. Regarding your first point, you mentioned how a stun team would be able to take out your stun protection despite losing their first few stuns and follow up with a deadly counter attack; however the first few stuns are usually the most vital and if they lose that, then it’s curtains for them. You do raise a solid point about Huskegon though; I completely forgot that thing has Time Freeze.

Despite the difference in opinion, I’ve enjoyed this quick discussion about Time Freeze. At least we agree that moves such as Execute and Flame Eater should be affected by it. I don’t know if it affects them right now.

1 Like

I kinda agree with @DevilsMisfortune. What makes Stun Counter and Converter strong against Stun is the fact they grant a turn to a monster that can immediately retaliate.

Granted, Time Freeze is a very rare passive, but when in action it may allow for mindless Stun spam with no possible backfire! You could line up Stun Entrance monsters at will and the most it could happen to you is the enemy doesn’t get stunned.

On the other hand, if Time Freeze only allowed active skills and passive entrance skills, it would be better. Think about it: Time Freeze was made in order to prevent Give Turn. While in the case of Roaring Entrance and Flame Eater the monster gives turn to himself, in Stun Converter and Stun Counter it’s the opponent that allows your monster to get a turn (unless you’re using Zeuswyrm with Roar).

So, what if the skill prevented the use of active and passive skills that grant turns to self or a teammate ?

2 Likes

It does :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: the only thing it doesn’t blocks is Duel

You know, that might be the best way to handle it. It enables Stun Counter/Converter to retain the power they have, while at the same time, it puts Gazer’s passive in check alongside Roaring Entrance. It’s a lot better than my initial idea.

1 Like

and for xyz basic from to final form,add this word to ion field “this skill not stun skill”

that’s too strong

2 Likes

My Angelion would be really sad

1 Like

wanna hear something funny. u can use the ACTIVE SKILL DUEL (Mythic monster no clue what is his name) while there is a time freeze on the field.

1 Like