Moves to Port

I still have the old games, and still play them. They are fun, but one thing I really like is that there are no limits to a move’s uses. As a result, all of the moves were balanced to not be op, even when they can be used infinite times in a battle. So, I have compiled a list of moves from DIB and HI that I would love to see implemented into Neo Monsters:

Hunter Island:

Roulette: Kill one random monster on the the battlefield. Doesn’t effect bosses. Unlimited uses.

Firenull: Block one hit from a fire monster. This could be immune to piercing to balance it in Neo’s meta

Void Moves: Sacrifice this monster, and its allies block 2 hits from a certain element. Same balance ^.

Poison Eat Aoe: An Aoe attack which deals more damage to poison monsters.

Stasis: Put an enemy monster to sleep for 375 TUs. The next hit wakes it up, but doesn’t hurt it.

Zeno Moves: Deal a ton of damage if none of the enemies are a certain element.

Chain Moves: These are like element massacre, but actually good in the endgame.

Poison: Like chain, poison exists in Neo, but HI poison actually dealt a lot of damage.

Mutate/Reincarnate: Sacrifice this monster to summon a random monster at the end of your team.

Polymorph: Sacrifice your last monster to summon a random monster at the end of your team.

Charisma: Increase allies’ attack as a passive ability. Really good.

Bane Moves: Deal a lot of damage to a particular type(dragon, bird), but not a one-hit-kill

Fireforce: Hit all allies and enemies. Deal extra damage to monster that are a different type.

Scapegoat: Turn an ally into a protector for a limited time. Useful on a health tank

No Guard: The opposite of Protect Focus. Add your defense to your attack.

Vengeance: Deal more damage for every ally killed in this battle, even if they killed themselves.

Guardian: Protect Teammates with a time limit. Much more strategic.

Chain Slow: A chain attack that decreases speed.

General Stat Debuffs: Moves that decreased enemy stats added a whole new dimension to pvp

General Stat Buffs: Increase the stats of allies or sometimes even enemies (to balance op moves)

Dragon Island Blue:

Concussion: Aoe that decreases all stats every hit, and stacks up.

Soul Eater: Deals 25% more damage for each kill this monster has. Saves between battles.

Drain: Low damage, heals almost all of the damage dealt.

Acid Rain: Decrease defense of all enemies for very low TUs.

Analyse: See the whole enemy team. Might be game-breaking, but a lot of fun.

Man Eater: Deals much more damage to humanoids. Would be a great counter to Godesses.

Escape: Escape a battle.

Confuse: A less op sleep. A monster only sometimes skips their turn.

Wrap Around: Both this monster and the target are paralyzed. Very strategic.

Defense Break: Deal small damage, and decrease the target’s defense

Please feel free to suggest any moves. See the wiki pages for Dragon Island Blue moves and Hunter Island moves. Th HI wiki doesn’t have much info on the moves, but if one seems like it may be good, ask me about it. I know almost all of the moves.

A bunch of those are already in Neo Monsters in some respect or the moves are too niche that people wouldn’t like them (e.g. element-specific defence). Also, a few I don’t think is fun like the summoning random monster stuff.

I guess many of these moves you haven’t found yet in Neo Monsters so I’ll list the ones which are already in the game (some even have the same name):
Roulette (damnation), Firenull (shield self - similar), Poison (radioactive fallout), Bane moves (herbicide, etc), Scapegoat, No guard, Vengeance (retribution - barely different), Chain slow (blizzard?), Drain (leech), Man eater (head hunter), Wrap around (exhausting sleep / stun strike / stunning charge).

Here are the three I like:

• Void moves (sacrifice user to double shield allies from a certain element). I don’t like the element-specific part here but we don’t have any monster that can sacrifice itself to shield the team yet. I think it would make a good SE, like we have a bunch of heal all SEs.

• Charisma (buff allies’ attack as a passive). Too overpowered but could be type-specific to make union teams more of a thing.

• Fireforce (hit whole battlefield, more damage to monsters that are a different type). Again, union stuff that could definitely fit.

A lot of those are fair. However…

Firenull: My basic idea is that it would be immune to piercing moves like power slash.

Charisma: The stat boost is very small, like about 200 at max level. I think that the existing move(a weak boost to all), and a stronger boost to one element. It would further boost LINK teams.

Wrap Around: Might misunderstand, but A. There is no immunity to wrap around and B. It isn’t affected by purify.

My problem With type-specific moves it that they are rare, and OHKOs. My proposal is a weaker, more common version.

Also, I intended these to have no use limits

I assume that analyze would completely break pvp

Put it on a fairly weak mythic

I love to see new moves and the creativity to use them. This days I was thinking of a Neomonster like “Snorlax” from “Pokemon”. When asleep “imunne to critical attacks” and “recover hp when sleeping”. :joy:

Yeah same. The point of this thread was to point out some great moves that are already in their other games, though.

I’ve updated the list.

1 Like

no please

2 Likes

Why? They would add strategy to the game while also creating counters to the many monsters which have incredibly high stats. If your team is so dependent on brute force/aoe spam that a 5% nerf to your teams stats will ruin your strategy, you’re doomed anyway because a). Brute force teams are useless in PvP/endgame PvE and B).The devs might nerf your monsters stats by 5-15% permanently in an update anyway. Heck, even in HI, a game with WAY more brute force/aoe spam than Neo, stat nerfs were very rarely used except as specific counters to game-breaking strategies. They actually helped the meta by preventing [most] strategies from being too op.*

*The stego-charc combo was pretty much the only exception

Because the monsters that will most likely get them will be Mythics, and using them will make them even more unkillable.

I’m fine with stat buffs though, Mythics will still one-shot (nothing changed) and Legendaries would be able to one-shot Mythics. That’s why passives like Gaia Power and Bear Brigade are fine

1 Like

I don’t see why. In HI, these stat nerfs almost exclusively went to otherwise useless Arkadians to make them at least somewhat useable. I don’t see why these couldn’t go to Epics or even below.

Because nobody spends money to hatch epics. I do think it’d be a blessing if things went like that though

Maybe we should change that

We can’t do much unfortunately, it’s up to the Devs and what they think is best for the game

Roulette better resembles Sudden Death or maybe Demon’s Glare.

I actually think that, even if they are similar in terms of how they work, the strategy is way different. Retribution receives no noticeable boost from the death of more than one monster, but deals way more damage if there is one death instead of 0. Vengeance, in the other hand, has unlimited uses, but isn’t boosted much by individual deaths.

Actually you can’t even use Retribution if no ally has died. The game straight up tells you “yo tf you trying to do”

1 Like

lol