My issue with a certain few attacks...

Literally only 2 mons with time’s up exist (1 is an awakened. Mythic hardly anyone has) and 2 mons with defang exist. Not to mention only one has nightwatch. Yes I get that this can be annoying at times but this isn’t an epidemic at all. We don’t have 4-5 legends with this move and a SE so just leave it the way it is honestly. Also Prism will get nerfed into the ground if this occurs.if this nerf actually happens at least make defang, nightwatch, etc ignore protectors like assasinate because stag and Sherloid will wall these harder

2 Likes

Prisma’s definitely another one that should get some compensation if it happens. Perhaps lowering his TUs could be a fair change, or replacing life flip with something more practical. Something to consider though, is that the kill condition is much easier to fulfill than the archetype conditions, not uncommon at all to be able to hit 2 or more targets at once. Even so, prisma could certainly use something, being an oldie just like peng.

I do have to say that I am impressed with the speed I have seen the devs respond to issues talked about in the forum thus far. Very reassuring to players to know that the game is taken seriously by its devs and they are quick to respond to our thoughts and concerns. So this is a quick thank you to the devs for such punctual work.

In response to these proposed changes, I honestly think it would help the game move forward. Yes it would hit some oldies quite hard like the aforementioned Peng and Prism, but that also opens the door for reworks to make up for the immediate mass kill potential being taken. For example I could see Peng being compensated by replacing Ultrathunder All with RAW Bloodfury or Double Bloodcrave/Thirst, same with Prism. This would give more of a longevity use to the mons as compensation for losing their mass kill at once potential.

As far as Chronozeros is concerned, I’m pretty sure a couple years ago when he came out Timestrike All only did critical damage to the mons that met the condition, no? I started back then and remember when he first came out there was a lot of talk about nerfs and tweaks with him, and in his case you could replace the Bloodthirst with a RAW move or Double Stun Pulse (to set up for his Timestrike All) as well.

Not that Chronozeros has a hard time getting a kill to begin with lol

2 Likes

Also if match time is an issue you could try doing a separate PVP event with a monster cap (10?) Like the Whales Treasure Event and call it speed matches or something. Just throwing out ideas.

Hey, speaking of two birds with one stone… I just realized that this change would be really good news for stun absorbers, because now they can’t get their entire team punished by a timestrike all/double just by trying to do their job. Nice.

1 Like

So null would officially become useless except for clearing rocks!! No snagging kills off of killing a high tu enemy, cuz it’s not like you aren’t giving up an advantage by doing that at all as it is :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah, Null’s another one I would’ve preferred to not get the nerf hammer… I’d totally advocate for something like 100 TU TSD, a second passive, or a more potent expansion of stun pulse. Or possibly more damage on execute to help him get around the trained rockoid problem.

Lol She is already craptacular.

Null has been kind of needing a buff anyways tbh. This would just be the extra push for the Devs to rework Null and feature him as a limited for an egg to boost sales for gems as well as doing the same with a slew of other mons.

2 Likes

I completely welcome these changes.
Like you stated , this change will make the game more intuitive and take the game further from a stall-state !

Hoping to see the changes !!

PS: please do add run option even during enemy’s turn . This might be a much needed change as well .

1 Like

This is definitely a fair concern ! They can make these moves 3 times use per battle or something. Both these changes will make these monsters more viable after their first sba !

Except for gyo’s secret skill of course . But hey , it’s an old monster , it had its time . Retire already u fish weirdo !

Protectors won’t wall them , that’s why they are double moves. In my honest opinion , these double moves should be used as a way to bypass protectors rather than killing 2 monsters at a time .

If there are more than one protector , it must be opponent’s job to come prepared for them

I hugely disagree with this idea. It’s the way Evertale works and there it’s currently a mess of scrambling around status effects to line up the critical hits on things properly then occasionally everything lining up perfectly and it going from a dance to a slaughter with the opponent having no chance to respond.

In the early days of Neo Monsters critical attacks were far harder to charge and it was very boring because of it. The game has been massively improved by giving people more opportunities to make comebacks with easily filled conditions for kills on the first turn of monsters.

Also, we’ve got a large number of powerful monsters with no particular weakness (to a killer move or otherwise) that would suddenly become far more powerful as they can no longer be critically hit for being paired with monsters that have weaknesses.

I don’t believe there’s a need for any drastic change. I just think a few of the legendaries brought out in 2018 pushed boundaries a bit too far. Perhaps what we need is a wide range of small nerfs across things that are too powerful, like we saw with the TU increase to repulse and kin slayer. The double killer moves might be better if they’re a little weaker so they don’t one-shot tanky monsters as easily or a TU increase to 120TU.

Higher TU helps control multi-hitting moves very well because they bring in multiple enemies at once while putting one of yours out of play for longer.

Also, avoiding designing high speed monsters with devastating multi-hitting attacks is probably necessary. For example, Canishogun with double counter strike is excessively harsh and Magmarinus with HG, stun immunity and swift dual slayerbane that one-shots all is so hard to counter. If we have space to control these things or a way to avoid being countered that doesn’t rely on auto-protect + camouflage then there shouldn’t be a problem.

12 Likes

Thank you for the feedback again amigo.

Please do note that we are not planning anything yet.
We just want to share what would happen if we apply such change in the game, so we can discuss this topic more efficiently.

5 Likes

If there is an egg with 2 monsters with one being Toxic killer and other being defang , players would definitely desire defang monster . Since every legendary demand same amount of gems , one legend should not be overshadowed by other.

It’s refreshing to see community and devs alike are brain-storming to fix this !

1 Like

Imo the only slight issues are Magma’s SS, and cani’s double counter strike. Maybe inferno too. Solely for the reason they do so much with such little effort or strategy and are so hard to stop. At least with cent and Draco; they can become deadweight if there’s no poison or sleep.

As it has HG, Magma needs a slight reduction in speed. Losing two mons (and soon a third) simply because you’ve killed some monsters seems a bit much.

Double counter strike should be single, because teams shouldn’t be punished so hard simply for running fire.

That’s my take on it and I know lots of people feel the same.

Assassinate, Timestrike double etc should stay as they are.

2 Likes

Ah just read that KD brought up the same monsters too. @Dev_VKC I agree with KD and I believe lots of the community does too. Nothing drastic needs to happen but maybe magma and Canni need looking at. Thanks for responding to everyone :blush:

1 Like

If these changes happen you might as well change “Time is Up” into “Chrono killer” and “Defang” into “Toxic killer”. This nerf essentially turns them into that. Big mistake if you go ahead with this.

3 Likes

Agreed. Times up, defang, Assassinate etc should remain. I can’t see them changing tbh. I hope Canni gets looked at. I’d like to see fire mons in the FL again if i’m honest. Same with Magma

2 Likes

Cani is literally doodoo I would like to see him have aggressive moves like defang/night watch/timesup etc

Maybe a move that kills monsters that are stun immune.

As far as magma gone I think hes fine right now after fixing his repent.