Monster Reviews section on forums

Hi guys. I think it would be pretty cool to have a section dedicated to players writing reviews on monsters. I know usually they are discussed as they come out but it would be cool to have all this in one place. Players could discuss pros and cons and maybe some strategies/ combos if they want.

There could even be a score system out of 10 where players vote on it. (Maybe one for PvP and one for PvE).
I know there was some chat with keeping a tier list up to date recently, but maybe the scoring system on the forums could generate this.

I’ve only been on the forums for about a month so apologies if this is happening somewhere. But when I get a new monster I always want to read about it, but it’s quite hard to go back and I don’t want to Necro threads.

Just an idea :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ratings and strategies can change over time, which makes reviews of monsters sometimes get outdated. However, I completely understand the sentiment that when you get a new monster you sometimes want to go read a few opinions on how it works best and where it can be used. It helps you get an idea of what to do with it and to have some perspective of how it compares to other things.

I’d love to have a thread like this. The tier list thread has actually been pretty good for that but it’s dependent on whether people actually discuss the monsters on there or they simply get rated with a small description of why they’re getting that rating then forgotten about.

I’ve got big guide plans which someday soon I’ll begin writing. One of them is going to be very similar to what you say here… a small review of each legendary to highlight the key bits and give a generic, overall idea of how well it works. But of course this will only be one person’s opinion, I may miss bits or get outdated for some monsters or simply my bias towards/against certain strategies may not be brilliant. I hope it will be a good place for people to visit when they want to look up a bit about a new monster they’ve got.

Nice! Good luck with the guide. Yeah I did think about the reviews becoming outdated but then I thought maybe players could go back and discuss some monsters who become more or less useful as other monsters come out. For example Abyss Raider was always useful, but now with the Poison meta he’s used so much more.