Having trouble with PVP?

Hi guys, I’m a nerd with no life Tiberius. I was not a beta tester, but I have even playing sine it was released, and am very active. I made this thread for the people who can’t seem to win. The purpose of this thread is for people to ask questions about certain monsters, ask for assistance in forming their teams (post your monsters, we’ll help), get advice on some strategies, and much more!

If you’d like, check out my Strategy thread: Here.

There are some great strategies there, but feel free to post here if there’s nothing that suits you or if you can’t seem to get something to work. Or just skip that step and post here! We’ll find something for ya! :slight_smile:

A few of the most experienced PvPers will be helping out. We appreciate anyone who will help!

Current helpers (in alphabetical order):

Ashley
Deadpool

Lethalmilk

Tajid

Yonfire

I currently have a team that is ok to me, but it could also get crushed easily because of the TU. The order of my team is Gremknight, Hydrowyrm, Gaiawyrm, Barricadus, Pyrowyrm, Arkwing, Plasmorex, Necrodrake, Luxknight, Glazio, Magmawyrm, Omegawyrm, Raijin, Angelon, and Don Penguini. I am not sure if I add in some flash bombs or stun skins would help in any way. I was just wondering if there was any suggestions or changes I should make to my team currently. 

I’ll help

Deadpool: sweet, thanks m8. :slight_smile:

Bluejays: Forgive me, I’m not very well-versed with some of those monsters. I’ll try my best.

Necrodrake is a very powerful monster. However, it lacks speed and has a big type disadvantage. This is one of the flaws in your team. Shadow monsters are risky to use, because they are able to be defeated very easily. Almost every opponent you face will have Angelon, and perhaps a few other holys. You want consistency, and that is something you cannot achieve without a good strategy.

If you insist on using Necodrake, you’ll want to protect it. Move a haste monster and a tank closer to it. Gremknight, necrodrake, and barricades will do. However, it is still luck based at this point. You want to be able to guarantee the usage of your monsters’ potential. This is why people use stun monsters. Placing three stun monsters before Gremknight and other monsters can win you the match. When I developed the Charcalynx+Stegospike combo a while ago (didn’t actually use it till a few days ago…and I stopped due to popular demand)…it was crucial to have support. Chopperbug, Raioh, Kentucky…they do the trick. However, I am personally not too fond of stun. Very effective, but boring. Also, the experienced players will know how to counter it. This is why strategy is so very important. You must never rely on a single plan. Use monsters that work well together. This goes for all of you folks as well.

Another issue is the fact that so many dragons are located so very close to each other. Very troublesome indeed. Dragonbane will kill ya.

You need to get a Ventowyrm…that’s priority number one, but I’m sure you already know that. Omegawyrm, typhonwyrm, and magma when will suffice. Do not overload a team with dragons.

Also, go for more of the good in-game monsters. Here’s a suggested lineup after you get the needed arkadions:

Chopperbug
Raioh
Kentucky
Barricadus
Gremknight
Necodrake
Nilomoth
Magmawyrm
Luxknight
Arkwing
Dreadwolf
Omegawyrm
Angelon
Raijin
Don Penguini

This team is fine…however, I am still very much against using Necrodrake in PVP. It’s not well-suited for it. If you agree, let me know and I’ll try to think of something up for you.

Hi Tiberius, I’m currently working on a new strategy for my pvp team, and I wonder if you could help me out? My strategy is mainly based on my rooknight. I put him in between my barricadus and my metallodious. My plan is to make him no defense and let the two ranks deal great damage to the opponent. Will this work?

Oh ok thanks Tiberius! I will try your suggestion for a few matches after I capture the Arks you mentioned. I will try to avoid Necrodrake since I never did look at speed much. Very helpful 

I’m not having much trouble in pvp since I got my fusions but I would appreciate any tips with my team:

Georex (will replace with Barricadus), Greenking (want to replace, not sure with what), Nilomoth, Nilox, Magmawyrm, Vulcaraptor, Frillzeon, Typhonwyrm, Angelon, Luxknight, Shadowlance, Dreadwolf, Omegawyrm, Shisaguard and Don Penguini

:smiley:

It’s great that you’re coming up with a strategy that involves Rooknight. It’s a very strategic monster, and can be deadly if played right. My primary concern is that it is mainly based on good ol Rooky. It may be a powerful combination, but you should never rely on it to win. I use it as a support strategy in some of my teams. First off, you’re going to want to have two guards close to each other, but not in the same team…most of the time. This is dangerous, because it can give the enemy the potential to crush your offensive monsters before you can power them up, resulting in you being locked with tanks that are ready to be pounded by your opponent. This basically means that you’re behind by a whole three monsters. However, if you put them close to each other and they happen to get next to each other when your opponent is behind by a lot of TU…you might have something there. Now then…I’d suggest the following:

Subzeratops

Raioh

Barricadus

Rooknight

Gremknight

Arkwing

Now, this is far from the ideal roster. I’d rather run a Raioh+Angelon+Barricadus+Rooknight+Minespider+Subzeratops+Angelon+Vegitiger combo…but since those are hard to get, this is the best alternative I can offer.

Subzeratops is a strong monster itself. This is why putting it next to Raioh can be tough. They can go for Subzy, but they probably won’t be able to kill it. Then, Raioh will use stun gift, and you stampede them. If they go for Raioh, they’ll be stunned anyways and you may proceed as planned. Then you have Rooknight, barricadus, and Subzeratops. At this point, I would make sure that you are keeping track of TU so that if it does fail, you can quickly recover and absorb damage…and then have gremknight speed all your monsters up, no defense once more, and then keep on blasting…Or, if they play it safe and go straight for Rooknight…in that case, you will have Subzy+Barry+gremy…then you haste with grem, no guard with subz, guard with barri, stampede like heck, and repeat. Feel free to throw in some shocks or timestrikes as you see fit. The reason I suggested placing Arkwing after them is because it offers security, making sure that your opponent is not safe at any point in the game. This is necessary when you battle very experienced players.

Now, it is very likely that this may not work against some of the better players. Why, even the fabled “Stegospike+charcalynx” team that never gets beaten in public PvP has been crushed by certain players…err…okay, well…4 people. But still! It’s possible to beat any team. This is why I would not suggest the above team to ya once more monsters come out. But it’s good for now, as long as you like it. But never rely on one strategy. Ever.

Alrighty then. No problem.

And that’s a good idea. Placing another strong offensive monster instead of necordrake offers flexibility, in case you run into an experienced player or if you get hit by scramble. Feel free to ask for more advice once you get new and better monsters~

First of all, you have great monsters. However, the placement is what would kill ya in upper-level matches. Shisaguard should NEVER go in the back. This is because Don Penguini is very common as a last monster…you won’t be able to use Xenowind in that situation, which results in having a virtually useless monster. I suggest placing Shisaguard next to Barricadus and Nilomoth. I do approve of placing Frillzeon, Vulcaraptor, and Magmawyrm next to each other. However, they should ALWAYS come at the end. Magmawyrm possess great potential with vengeance, and Water monsters are not common as ending monsters. The only monster I can think of at the moment is Dreadwolf, which would be the last monster…and if that happens, you have Don at the end, giving you the win. But yes, Army Flame is useful. Once Lavagant comes out, your strategy will have great potential.

Typohonwyrm should also go near the end…greenking should be replaced with Arkwing once you get it. Collecting 101 arkadion is time consuming, but still relatively easy. Make sure you protect your stronger monsters. Also, gremknight is overlooked by many…but haste is priceless in PvP. Combine haste with its stun skin and other support moves, and you may have a nice strategy. Again, having one strategy is NEVER a good idea. One scramble and you’re done. Make sure you familiarize yourself with battling with your monsters jumbled up as well. Write it down, and then switch your team and battle friends. This gets you to practice battling in a situation where your strategy is broken.

Thanks so much Tiberius! I used your suggested line-up and managed to get a 20 win streak! Hopefully the bug doesn’t break my streak haha. Now then, any suggestions on my current line-up?
Destructor+Seaquill+Raijin+Stegospike+Charcalynx+Angelon+Barricadus+Rooknight+Minespider+Subzeratops+Gremknight+Vegitiger+Metallodious+Halopard+Don penguini
For my beginning, since my destructor is always fastest, I should be able to get rid of quite some monsters( many people put dragons in the front, I have no Idea why). Then they will start attacking destructor. Meanwhile, I use my stegos combo and by then my opponent should have lost quite some monsters. Then I carry on with your combo, and if that is still not enough, I just use don penguini.
Ps I have also defeated the “fabled stegospike charcalynx” combo, and mine defeated. It’s not really that hard to beat, two slaughters can easily kill charcalynx before he can even gain one kill.

No problem. And congratulations! Glad I could help you.

Well, that can certainly work…but what would happen if you run into a Pegasion+Vegitiger+Snowja combo? They wouldn’t die, and would easily crush your monsters without having to worry about anything. I’d say that you can take care of 90% of the Expert league with that…that is actually one of my best teams, with a few changes here and there. Ahaha. 

Keep in mind that the stegospike and charcalynx combo have many different variations. I can get a ridiculous win streak with it…well, the highest I have gotten was 26 before I got glitched. Lol. Oh, the pain…

Anyways, it’s a good method…some combos are better than others, and some are better than using it than others. It all depends. Regardless, stegospike will be nerfed in the next update…and people hate it…so yeah, I don’t use it unless I have an important battle, feel like getting my win/loss ratio up, or if I want to battle a beta tester in private matches.

So yeah…My suggestion would be to support charcalynx, but play it safe as well. Just in case it does indeed die, you should definitely have a back up plan as well. For example…you can place a strong monster right after Charcalynx and angelon so you can have a different heavy hitter, while keeping the rest of the enemies stunned.

I won’t say much more than that, I guess. You’re a good player from what I can tell, and I’ll let you figure out the rest  :wink:

…but yeah…dragons are powerful, so most people have the urge to place them in front. This is actually a terrible idea, as they have more potential in the back of the team.

Here’s my team (in order), I would appreciate if you could advise me how to improve:

1. Arkwing

2. Luxknight

3. Metallos

4. Chopperbug

5. Gremknight

6. Magmawyrm

7. Typhoonwyrm

8. Omegawyrm

9. Nilomoth

10. Angelon

11. Angubis

12. Raioh

13. Raijin

14. Kentucky

15. Don

This build is more towards the Show down combo.

Sadly I don’t have any egg-only ARKS or mission rewards.

Well, it’s good that you’re thinking strategically. And you don’t really need exclusive monsters to be successful. Let’s see…your first major problem is with your wyrms. They are way too close together. Destructor is a fairly common sight in the upper levels, so it’s essential to spread your dragons out to avoid getting hit hard. Also, those wyrms possess a very powerful move that is often overlooked. That’s right, it’s called Vengeance. It is best used near the end of the team. Now, I know that you are basing it around stun…but what happens when you kill 3 monsters with showdown…and then your opponent has a monster with vengeance? Believe me, it’s a common sight…and it will crush Shhowdown Stun techniques. This is why it is dangerous to rely on one strategy all of the time.

The best way to win is to make sure that your opponents are never safe. When I say this, I mean that your opponents should be in a predicament, knowing that they cannot attach any one of your monsters without a consequence. The issue with your team is that you are sacrificing a total of 6 monsters to take out 3, and maybe more if you’re lucky. It’s not wise to base strategies on luck. Basing things off of monsters that are all in the game…I’d say…

Chopperbug

Raioh

Kentucky

Arkwing

Gremknight

Barricadus

Nilomoth

Magmawyrm

Archeonis

Luxknight

Typhonwyrm

Anubis

Omegawyrm

Angelon

Don Penguini

Thank you so much for your help, I agree with everything you said. One thing I would like to add is that after haste, Don’s Showdown TU goes down to ~60, and can kill the opponents continuously just like how we farm the bite school (but if the opponents have stun skin/Puffoxin/survive the Showdown, uh-oh).

I have the following questions though:

(1) Kentucky’s stun skin only has a success rate of 80%. Are there any arks that we can consider to replace it?

(2) Is Barricadus really a good tank? There are so many Holy Arks and Arks with metal slash.

(3) If Anubis is separated from Angelon and Luxknight, its Ally Holy will not damage enough. Or shall we replace it with something else?

(4) I personally quite like Puffoxin’s Plague and Volatile. Do you think it is viable to add it to the team? If so, where would you put it?

(5) I have got all the collectible Arks, including Voltiger (for time strike), Shadow Lancer (for metal slash) and an S rank Plasmorex. Shall I add any of them to the team?

Interesting information. That changes things slightly.

(1) Unfortunately, there are not many “stun-all” monsters at the moment. I’d keep him there for now, I guess. even if it fails, you’ll still be ahead enough to do some serious damage.

(2) In all honesty? No. But he will have to suffice for now. There are many better monsters for the job than good ol Barri…but we have to be patient.

(3) I am not sure. Sorry about that. Check the “Where’s that Monster?” section, and see if it’s in one of the rare-monster guides. 

(4) Fantastic observation skills. Props. The reason I placed it where it is is because of the fact that you’ll need to strategically space your guardians and healers throughout your team. Even with its Ally moves, it’s not a very strong monster at all. Therefore, I’d say it’s more of a support monster for your avengers, and can also simply sacrifice itself for Don if the circumstances deem it necessary. Also, in the event of a scramble, it’s one of the “back up strategies” that this strategy provides. A good strategy is flexible, meaning your monsters can work well together in many combos. This is a good example of that.

(5) Ah, Puffoxin. This little guy is more of a strategy-breaker. I’m not fond of using him, as it’s more of an “eye for an eye” kinda thing…not my cup of tea. I’d rather do “Okay, how about I stab you and you like…spit on my shoe?” If you are adamant about using him, place him where you feel is best, but make sure it doesn’t interfere with your strategies.

Oh, really? Hmmmm

Chopperbug

Raioh

Gremknight

Voltiger

Barricadus

Arkwing

Nilomoth

Magmawyrm

Archeonis

Luxknight

Anubis

Typhonwyrm

Omegawyrm

Angelon

Don Penguini

That seems to be a more suitable team. I’d explain in more detail, but it’s almost 1 AM and I’m tired. xD

Thank you very much, I will try it now! :smiley:

No problem. Oh, and tell me if it does or doesn’t work. Sorta playing it by ear right now. I’m not well-versed with monsters that are catchable.

If it ends up having some problems, tell me where things went wrong and I’ll try to fix it for ya.

…unless you run into a hacker or a setg+charc combo. Nothing we can do about that n.n

What would you recommend for someone who is brand new to pvp? I’ve had internet problems that should be sorted soon so then I can finally start pvp. I have completed the game and have most in game monsters hat aren’t from pvp so I have stuff like omegawyrm typhonwyrm magmawyrm arkwing luxknight etc so sny Arkadions you list I should have. I also have pegasion bloodclaw and megalorex from eggs and also a minoblast

Thanks

I’m probably not the best person to give you advice but one thing I definitely know for sure is…NEVER USE Megalorex in pvp. Ever. It will devour your whole team. Just saying. Unless you get extremely lucky, your opponents thinks it’s trash and let’s it survive, and it manages to use survivor…
That’s probably like the chances of a hatchling spawning, or even less

Just tried it a number of times. It works really well, thank you! I especially like the Omegawyrm + Angelon + Don setup at the end. The opponents either suffer from Showdown or Vegence. I don’t need to worry about opponents putting stun skin/flash bomb at the beginning of the battle becuase my first 3 are kind of useless anyway. :slight_smile: And I found that with this setup Rahoi can 1 hit KO opponent’s Chopperbug using Ally Spark.

The only problem is that some opponents chose to kill Grem Knight first with single attack. They completely ignored Chopperbug and Raioh. I can Stun Gift Raioh. Though Votiger can use AOE to take the full benefit, its AOE cost more than 150 TU, so it is not good for time strike. The poor Chopperbug can’t do much either - can’t take full advantage of stun gift, suicide or deal much damage. So it was like 2 vs 3 for most of the battle.

Similar thing happens to Archeonis too - the opponents chose to ignore it. I replaced it with Puffoxin, its plague seems annoying enough to draw enemies’ fire.

I ran into a Steg + haste + tank combo. Not much I can do other than watching… Guess I will forget about PVP until it is nerfed. This combo seems impossible to battle against without egg-only Arks.

And… how did so many people get so many S rank rares? They must be very good at eggs…

Hay guys is there any move that can protect your own party from. Sleep? Or alternatively one that only puts your enemy to sleep?.. Trying to make a mean siesta/dream hunt combo