Having trouble with PVP?

Tiberius, thanks for doing this- it’s really impressive and cool of you.  :slight_smile:

First, a general question- if one has the choice of killing Charcalynx or Stego, which should be nuked? And what are some hard counters to stun trains? 

Anyway, my current team is:

Barricadus ( B )

Typhoonwyrm (A)

Arkwing (S)

Snowja (S)

Coldheart (S)

Magmawyrm (A)

Plasmorex (S)

Shadowlance (S)

Puffoxin ( C )

Raijin ( B )

Angelon ( B )

Don Penguini (S)

Stormfox (S)

Omegawyrm (S)

Dreadwolf (S)

I’ve played only enough PvP to get to Master rank (23 wins, 11 losses) but feel my team could be vastly improved. 

Personal Opinion below:

Charcalynx should go first with the given scenario -

1. Has it killed a creature with it’s signature move? Yes? KIll it now

2. Are any of your creatures dangerously low on health? (<=250?) Yes? Kill it! KIll it now! 

Is the above not true? Tht is correct, none of the above has been met… GO for stego.

At least this works for me. I find that charcalynx is a pretty sub par creatue without fairly reliable stun backing it, and completely useless if it can’t kill at least one ARK, if your team is in good standing health wise charc doesn’t stand to be too much of a threat. On the flip side with stego, that stun is just pretty rediculous and is pretty threatening given any condition where they have a power hitter that can 1 shot most folks and any ARK that gives haste. I ran into stego,  angelon, omega as the last three creatures after a huge stun combo, and that was pretty unerving… hast vengenance down the line. Wasn’t as bad as an “online” charcolynx but still pretty bad.

Now onto why I am here:

I was hoping for a little bit of feedback. Just curious if anything screams change me out.

1. Don Pen (S)

2. Puffoxin (D)

3. Arkwing (S)

4. Luxknight (C)

5. Goldenhorn ( B) <- did not know that would happen… lol! ( B rank)

6. Meowzard (S)

7. Plasmorex (C)

8. Infernowyrm (C)

9. Shadowlance (A) --love this guy against Baracadius

10. Typhonwyrm (E)

11. Magmawyrm (E)

12. Omegawyrm (S) --anyone tell what i used my grade boosters on? lol

13. Angeleon (C)

14. Minespider (A)

15. Dreadwolf (A)

I was running some stunners for awhile but I’ve grown out of it… stunners against stunners gets old kind of fast.  So i went with a more “brute force” method with some tricks.

I love the opening setup just for how well it does against other opening stunner setups. or against folks who open with crazy power hitters(or baracadius… i get fairly lucky with puffoxin hitting him and making life o so easier). From there on down the line its just using bane abilities or element superiority when the chance arises.  Once i get to the end, I love the haste with omega and minespider, and when either one of those goes out it come down to can I get the job done either with vengenance or laststand.

As you can tell… I’ve not had much luck with the weekly missions and not that lucky with eggs either (i try to time and get close but usually fail lol) so my roster of power hitters is pretty smal.

I do find meowzard to be a little lacking in PVP at least with my setup due to the shear amount of raw power I am running with less utility than most. I think my only other compaint is shadowlance being killed fairly easily… but giving people the choice between inferno and typhon, usually he stays alive awhile to meet or wreck metal types (minespider/barrack/destructor). Any input would be greatly appreciated and definitely liking this thread.

Small edit: I should note I don’t spam sweep attacks… I prefer to single target my enemies down, it helps me garuntee the threats I am looking at do fall instead of chance, using aoe only when a garanteed kill is for sure.

My team so far in PvP
In order…

Luxknight C
Barricadus B
Gremknight A
Dreadwolf D
Subzeratops S
Plasmorex A
Shadowlance A
Coldheart A
Leviathan A
Arkwing S
Typhonwyrm E
Magmawyrm E
Omegawyrm S
Angelon C
Don Penguini S

Any pointers on how to fix it or any arks I may need to add/remove???

I don’t have quite as many strategies as others whome will most likely comment but here’s my two cents.

I wouldn’t recomend Keeping same types together like the below examples:
Dreadwolf D water
Subzeratops S water

Plasmorex A dark --these two especially (too many holy heavy hitters as staples right now angelon, luxknight they one shot these guys)
Shadowlance A dark --these two especially (too many holy heavy hitters as staples right now angelon, luxknight they one shot these guys)

Coldheart A water
Leviathan A water

My reasoning for this: To avoid multi hits, unless you have an “ally” ability like Levi where it’s benificial, but it would be good to have a tank present to add solidarity (maybe zerotops, levi, coldheart/dreadwolf if you had to have types together make them count).

My personal preference is to have 1 solid S rank near the top, I’d probably place your Arkwing above dreadwolf, so he’s paired with a tank and come’s in after gremknight since he has a very solid single tarket ability to take down apposing ARK’s while lux can clean up with his cheaper sweep.

Apart from that, wellI’m not a fan of Coldheart and if you put him in the above mentioned Ally team, I’d probably use puffoxin instead.

A relativly decent combo zerotops>levi>puff

zero with gaurdian, levi with ally whip, and puffoxin whome when dies usually takes care of at least one of the opposing threats, and gives a decent slow.

Basicaly they can’t single target your guys down without clearing zerotops, levi become a real threat, so if they try sweeping him out puffoxin will die first(he’s got pretty low health) and will kill an oponents ARK in the process.

as a secondary thought running zerotops>levi>puff>dreadwolf might not be to shabby.

CHEERS mate!

I’m sure you’ll get more reponses but food for thought.

Sounds like a good suggestion!!! I should farm for a higher grade Levi then since puffoxin doesn’t really need to be high grade!!!

Thanks for the tip!!! I will try that out!!!

You are definitely going to want to use many of those many of those in-game monsters. While they are not the most powerful monsters in the game, they have proven to be very useful on many occasions.

Megalorex and Minoblast should not be used in PvP. Minoblast can be very effective, but he is useless without the necessary supporting monsters. These monsters will be released soon…hopefully.

Pegasion is a very strategic monster. It is one of the few stasis-counters in the game. I expect a dramatic increase in the number of Pegasion-users once stasis monsters are released.

Bloodclaw is very powerful, but it is also easy to kill. Therefore, you’re going to want to protect it. I suggest placing him after a barricadus.

If you could list all of your better monsters, I’d be able to help you form a decent team

Aye, glad to hear that.

I know what you mean by that. Experienced players will go for the move that will hurt them the least. Although, they shouldn’t be able to. The first three monsters should have stunned them quite effectively. Now, keep in mind that ignoring Archeonis isn’t always bad. It’s there because of its haste and no resist abilities, allowing Magmawyrm to obliterate tough foes with Eruption. 

And Puffoxin works. He’s quite the annoying fella.

Now, keep in mind that I do NOT approve of sacrifice-stun teams. It’s dangerous. Every slot is important, so it’s crucial to set up a balanced, powerful, and strategic team. I ask that once more OM are completed, and you get more monsters…come back, and we’ll form a better team for ya n.n

I don’t think you can prevent sleep. However, you can cure sleep. Many monsters are in possession of a move known as “Purify.” This gets rid of all sleep and poison effects. One of the more popular sleep-inducing moves is called Stasis. It’s a very powerful move that can be utilized in many strategies. The only monsters that know this move are: Cyberywyrm, Kamiwyrm, and Ironheart. The only legitimate copies of these monsters are owned by devs and beta testers. So don’t worry about running into any.

But yeah, those will be the “go-to” monsters for that…once they come out.

It depends. Let’s say that you have a vegitiger…if the charcalynx is at full health, and stego is as well…dracobane stego immediately. Otherwise, you’ll definitely want to go for charcalynx. Whether it’s a vengeance, water xenoslash, beastbane, etc…doesn’t matter. As long as it dies. Although, since stegospike will be nerfed after the update, it doesn’t matter much.

Anyways, you have nice monsters. However, it would be wise to place them strategically.

Arkwing (S)

Puffoxin ( C )

Barricadus ( B )

Snowja (S)

Plasmorex (S)

Typhoonwyrm (A)

Shadowlance (S)

Coldheart (S)

Magmawyrm (A)

Raijin ( B )

Stormfox (S)

Don Penguini (S)

Angelon ( B )

Omegawyrm (S)

Dreadwolf (S)

This would work just fine if you are adamant about using those monsters…However, it is not a very strategic lineup. For the most part, this team relies on hitting heavily and hoping that you placed your monsters in an order that would be a good match-up against your opponents…This is risky, especially in Master League. Therefore, I do encourage you to take a look at some of the other strategies that I suggested based on only in-game monsters. Note that I am not trying to encourage the use of a single strategy. However, it seems to be the most effective way to utilize in-game monsters. Anyways…yeah, I kinda expected that there would be more demand for this after a few more of the OM monsters come out. I’m not very good with monsters that I don’t use often. Regardless…I’ll leave you with a few pointers and questions.

First of all, make sure that you protect key monsters. You’ll want to protect Snowja, as he is very…very fragile. I do not encourage Penguini Stun, as it’s very risky…but it’s entirely up to you…

Now, in order to give you proper advice…what other monsters do you have? What strategies do you prefer? 

In my opinion, you’d be better off if you took out some of the monsters that you are currently using.

It is wise to use single-target attacks. Most people don’t realize the usefulness of them…

anyways, there are quite a few changes I’d like to make. While I approve of a strong team, brute force is not the way to go. You’re going to want to form a team that brings out the best out of every monster.

Hmmm…let’s see…Minespider should come after a tank. This way, you’ll definitely be able to detonate and defeat some enemies. This is only one example.

Magmawyrm

Puffoxin

Luxknight

Goldenhorn

Plasmorex

Shadowlance

Infernowyrm

Gremknight

Arkwing

Barricadus

Minespider

Typhonwyrm

Omegawyrm

Angelon

Don Penguini

Try that and tell me how it works. Again, I’m not sure if it will…I’m just a normal player. I trust that you are familiar enough with the monsters…using them properly is important.

Tell me any issues with it, and I’ll do my best to address them.

The biggest problem is the fact that all of those wyrms are so very close to each other. Destructor will kill you.

Hmm…How about…

Shadowlance

Luxknight

Dreadwolf

Barricadus

Arkwing

Gremknight

Magmawyrm

Coldheart

Subzeratops

Raioh

Necodrake

Angelon

Nilomoth

Omegawyrm

Don Penguini

Again, try it out and tell me if there are any issues. I’ll do my best to fix em. The strategy should be pretty simple/

Ok guys so I found a really good strategy breaker move it’s called roulette… Yes roulette. For some reason this move always targets the opponents arks…I’ve used it about 15-20 times and it always killed off the enemies arks. Is this supposed to be a glitch or am I just super lucky?

Roullette? Hmmm…that probably shouldn’t be the case. It seems a bit ridiculous, don’t you think?

I wouldn’t go as far as calling it a glitch…but then again, it probably should be able to target your monsters…

I have no clue. I’ll look into it tomorrow.

Thanks for bringing it up

Is there any other ark that can use dreamhunt? Or are the others all unreleased? I’m trying to build a strategy based on that but it doesn’t seem to be working very well cos skull wraith dies extremely easily…
Any other good arks to use for putting to sleep would be good too
But I guess all these are unreleased

Dreamhunt…hmmm

Not that I know of…unfortunately. Sorry about that.

But I can confirm that there are indeed no powerful monters with dreamhunt or sleep moves at the time.

Just battled you. I was the one with the ridiculous monsters. Lol. Glad to see that it’s working alright.

…although I’m still not fond of stun. Again, please return once more monsters come out. I’ll gladly help with new strategies then~

[quote name=“Tiberius” post=“16682” timestamp=“1386809408”]You are definitely going to want to use many of those many of those in-game monsters. While they are not the most powerful monsters in the game, they have proven to be very useful on many occasions.

Megalorex and Minoblast should not be used in PvP. Minoblast can be very effective, but he is useless without the necessary supporting monsters. These monsters will be released soon…hopefully.

Pegasion is a very strategic monster. It is one of the few stasis-counters in the game. I expect a dramatic increase in the number of Pegasion-users once stasis monsters are released.

Bloodclaw is very powerful, but it is also easy to kill. Therefore, you’re going to want to protect it. I suggest placing him after a barricadus.

If you could list all of your better monsters, I’d be able to help you form a decent team

Okay well I will list my main ones. I have 107% captured so if there’s anything I don’t list thencthereciscstillcacveryvgppd chance I have it.

Omegawyrm
Arkwing
Luxknight
Angelon
Magmawyrm
Typhonwyrm
Bloodclaw
Pegasion
Minoblast
Megalorex
Plasmorex
Dreadwolf
Penguini
Raijin
Flamogun
Tremorback
Coldheart
Glazio
Shadowlance
Barricadus
Georex
Nilox
Nilomoth
Fireheart
Voltiger
Raptorex
VUlcaraptor
Hammertooth
Twigster
Meowzard
Anubis

There my main ones I guess but have a lot more. Thanks for the advice

No problem.

Let’s see here…

Raioh

Anubis

Luxknight

Pegasion

Coldheart

bloodclaw

Barricadus

Arkwing

Gremknight

Nilomoth

Dreadwolf

Magmawyrm

Omegawyrm

Angelon

Don Penguini

Try that. If the Raioh dies, good. attack with Anubis using its ally move, and then send him back with pegasion to guardian and offer with don penguini. The middle will most likely be the climax of the battle. It’s based on protecting, speeding yourself up, hitting hard, hitting harder, and then healing.

Tell me how it works after a few battles. If there are some issues, I’ll help fix them. Again, i apologize in advance…I’ll do what I can, but I am not too great with unfamiliar monsters…

Is magmawyrm better Than typhonwyrm for pvp then? Thanks very much for the help

Oh- also, for everyone: don’t forget that Elementless is super-effective against Elementless. I played through most of the game without knowing that. It rarely comes up in PvP (usually only when you have Arkwing vs Arkwing or Omega vs Omega) but it’s a cool thing to know. 

Magmawyrm

Puffoxin

Luxknight

Goldenhorn

Plasmorex

Shadowlance

Infernowyrm

Gremknight

Arkwing

Barricadus

Minespider

Typhonwyrm

Omegawyrm

Angelon

Don Penguini

Just checking in, I am currently giving this setup a go, and it seems to be doing fairly well. I’ll keep an update as i get more time in.

Any suggestions of teammake up for a good overall solid team if you have every monster in S, even the egg ones?

It really depends. For now, it is useful for taking down vegitigers…but in the future, typhonwyrm will be good against kami and cryo…I personally use Magmawyrm, but they are both equally useful.

Sounds good.

Yes, very true.

…every monster in S? Ummm…wow.

Volcawolf
Arkwing
Snowja
Goldenhorn
Bloodclaw
Infernowyrm
Barricadus
Minespider
Rooknight
Subzeratops
Vegitiger
Destructor
Angelon
Omegawyrm
Don Penguini

Ummm… Ok, so heres my team, any tips, suggestions or changes?? thanks!! (in order that the team enters the fight)

Pyrowyrm

Gaiawyrm

Plasmorex

Angelon

Raijin

Firequeen

Meowzard

Luxknight

Flamogun

Shadowlance

Coldheart

Glazio

Magmawyrm

Dreadwolf

Don Penguini

Firequeen+Meowzard is a decent strategy in theory. Unfortunately, it is incredibly easy to defeat in the higher levels of PvP.

This is because the monsters are so weak. It is possible to make this work. This can be done relatively easily by using Barricadus+Gremknight+Firequeen+Meowzard. barricadus will absorb damage while gremknight speeds your monsters and prevents enemy attacks. Then, meowzard comes in and you’re all set.

However, it is a possibility that it will fail, simply because of the fact that the monsters are so very weak. In the future, summoning will probably be very good to use. Roidguard+Gigarock have proven to be quite effective…coughcoughashiecough.

Anyways…I’d recommend using a different strategy. First and foremost, you’ll probably need to get Omegawyrm.

For now…I’ll stick to monsters that are easier to get. You can use the Meow+Fire strategy if you want. However, once more OM are released, I expect you to change your strategy for more reliable tactics. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a wonderful strategy. However, there are a few gaps…

Kentucky

Chopperbug

Raioh

Barricadus (Subzeratops and Goldenhorn preffered)

Gremknight

Firequeen

Meowzard

Luxknight

Flamogun

Shadowlance

Coldheart

Dreadwolf

Don Penguini (use retreat)

Magmawyrm

Angelon

You told me to give this a try for my pvp team.

Raioh
Anubis
Luxknight
Pegasion
Coldheart
bloodclaw
Barricadus
Arkwing
Gremknight
Nilomoth
Dreadwolf
Magmawyrm
Omegawyrm
Angelon
Don Penguini

I just won a astroleon from an egg. Is it worth putting that in somewhere?

Thanks again