Emeraldeus buff thread!

A speed buff will be fine alone. He is something made for LINK Earth with a low tu double retribution. Defensive mode is usable sometimes I would say.

No cap? Instead of what move?

Agreed. That’s why I strongly dislike monsters like Padrinorca, they slowly become the norm and people use them as the average subject of comparison.

There are some ways Emeraldeus could be buffed imo (only one of them):

Defensive Mode changed into Bond: Defense Boost

Deathmark into LINK Death Sentence

Bloodfury into LINK Bloodcrave (to help him activate Defensive Mode)

It was the SS so one time use. Instant shield self.

I don’t like defensive mode as a passive either. It’s a good concept but simply doesn’t work very often because of the nature of the moves that are used to kill monsters. I would also tweak it to be always active rather than under 70% health.

Tweaking deathmark is problematic because being able to kill buffed monsters multiple times with it in a sleep lock setup is one of Emeraldeus’ assets. It also already has a quick kill option for PvP, and if something needs to be done on top of tweaking the passive, perhaps a slight TU reduction to Accelerate like MementoMori suggested, to make his bloodfury sweeping a bit faster.

I like Bloodfury more than LINK bloodcrave, because in the latter case the monster would be too limited to a LINK strategy. However, there’s always the option of the usual Bloodcrave paired with the defensive mode passive, this would for sure make him more appealing for PvP.

1 Like

Yep. Hardened carpace should be the passive if they want to make it defensive, not that.

1 Like

Don’t nerf him :slight_smile:
Deathmark is unlimited use

1 Like

But LINK Death Sentence is 100sec. This would make it more PvP oriented, which is something that many would want

NERF Padrinorca and Cynthia first, then any buffs after it

4 Likes

Padrinorca is more powerful than most mythics, so no point comparing to it.

6 Likes

WHATS THE point of buffing an old monster, when devs will just keep adding more op monsters?

Why not leave it the way it is, and make it easier for players to earn.

STONKS!

2 Likes

This sounds like you had no good arguments here :slight_smile:

About Ashterios. HG and no killer weakness. This is totally not the best comparison cause he will always get a turn.

Yes, emeraldeus got some buffs last update, BUT, counter strike is the only good one there, and it’s just a “little buff”, cause having this skill changes almost nothing. You can make defensive mode be 500% more defense that will still be completely useless in this kind of monsters, you depend on your adversary to be fool enough to lower emeraldeus life a little bit instead of just one shut him, or he to have a floccosaurus in his team.

Well, you obviously don’t like a speed buff and have your reasons :thinking:. What about changing his defensive mode into that skill rocolosus has?, the one that increases your defense when your HP is over 70%

1 Like

Harden Carapace, the defense becomes so freakin’ high
It might be a good buff along with speed increase to 60%.

Maybe we can give him another new skill Skill Massacre just like element massacre, if there are 4 sleep monsters, it deals damage to all of them, same for posion and stun mons. Posion is too much into the meta that this skill will help all those who don’t have a Mojinator and we can see it again in PvP

Happy from the element massacre thing on a few old leggies, my frontline has three earth monsters and I just got them slaughtered by Rexotyrant.

1 Like

That’s right :thinking:another weakness to emeraldeus and her link, element massacre is a pretty good skill now. Emeraldeus wouldn’t be affected by the damage, but you need to think it twice if you’re planning to run a link these days.

So, she is too slow, has low defense, can be one shut by many many monsters in actual meta, has camo, but 3 of the monst used monsters have furtive attack, and now link skills found a new enemy with element massacre’s buff. :thinking:Mmm yep, it really seems like she is just fine and needs no improvement at all.

Also, answering to people who says she is a pve monster…You can’t say that only cause death mark. Saying a monster is meant to be used in pve because of only one skill is completely wrong. I find that yes, death mark with camo can be some useful in pve but that’s not the whole monster. She has some good PVP skills, just needs some help to be at some similar level than the actual meta. I remember people used to run this monster in PvP some months ago, but after new releases and changes she has completely disappeared. Give her the chance to shine again, at least a little bit

1 Like

Link death sentence with that speed is still trash!

I’m fine with 53 speed or Bird’s soul ( Harden Carapace+Defensive mood only usable if there’s an ally with bird type) :slight_smile:

Ashterios has 41% speed so not much faster… He has a link condition and a defensive passive. Emeraldeus has Camouflage to account for HG. It’s actually a very good comparison!

Also if you are so fond of comparing Padrinorca to Emeraldeus, which is a stretch already in the first place, why do you want to push Emeraldeus to Pardinorca’s level and not the other way around? Isn’t Padrinorca “a bit” too powerful? Just some fuel for thought.

That’s not at all what we have been saying. It used to be a prominent PvE monster which has later been granted more and more PvP opportunities… And still people are complaining…

This could be said about every B tier monster and below. Do we want to buff all these monsters as well to be PvP sweeping machines?

Can you also explain what this is please, it doesn’t exist in the English game?

2 Likes

You answered to me saying “this sounds like you had no good arguments here”. Well this statement above sounds like you have no history here.

Emeraldeus was much loved by the PvE crowd for roughly the first two years in the game, maybe more, as one of the ultimate PvE sleep lock monsters as well as being something that could get guaranteed kills and was very safe to use due to camouflage. It was standard egg pool and many of the top players would talk about it being useful.

Emeraldeus got removed from the standard egg pool at some point as it was added to the newcomer egg. It also became 14 cost with a SS instant shield self, which was widely celebrated. Later the Devs changed the SS to be link double retribution and many people complained. It started looking like a PvP monster and ever since the PvP crowd (usually newer players - probably got it from newcomer egg) have asked for it to get insane buffs.

Emeraldeus works nicely as a link earth PvP monster. It doesn’t deserve anything crazy and comparing it to all S+ monsters, even a mythic, is simply mad.

3 Likes

Bruh you were the one who implied that Padrinorca should be acceptable comparison, that’s one hell of a wrong assumption

which Emeraldeus ignores because of Camouflage. Also, the most common legendary with Element Massacre is Drakozord Z, which has the elemental disadvantage and is only found in LINK Storm. Bonus points if you run Emeraldeus with Sanctistag.

Indeed, Emeraldeus is a PvE monster because the AI doesn’t know that Deathmark enemies should be prioritized, plus Sleep is viable in PvE (not that much in PvP) and Emeraldeus comboes with Sleep. Not to mention the AI loves to use AoE attacks, which makes Camouflage monsters even better in PvE.

How is a 100sec Death Sentence considerable bad by any means

3 Likes

Let’s just imagine here that Emeraldeus had 53% speed, hardened carapace and camouflage. How do you imagine anyone dealing with that in link earth? It’ll be pretty much guaranteed double kill.

Defensive mode is a good passive for Emeraldeus. If you can’t one-shot it then it can be a big problem. Camouflage with high defence is too much for a low TU sweeper so hardened carapace is way too much.

1 Like

P.S. all of you, stop referring to Emeraldeus as “SHE”.
“Deus” means “god” in Latin. If it was a goddess, it’d be “EmeralDEA” or “EmeralDIVA”.

8 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 10.58.32 AM

The issue is that Emeraldeus was clearly intended as a ‘lone ranger’ build that neither needed nor provided much support. Instead, it is now heavily reliant on synergies that could be done better by other monsters anyway. It doesn’t have a niche, and it isn’t versatile enough to be a generalist jack-of-all-trades monster either. It has one of my favorite movesets, but the meta has changed and the minor or very situational buffs it has been receiving do not change the fact that it relies heavily on support. It needs a buff.

Overall, accelerate needs to be 50 TU, Harden carapace or Union:Defensive would both be great replacements for Defensive Mode, and I actually think that 57% speed is needed for it to be able to go faster than some of the more common stealthbane monsters.

KD, you clearly are in the minority so continuing to argue with everyone is only making you look bad. If the buff comes, and if Emeraldeus is op, start a nerf thread if you want, but continuing to disagree with everyone benefits no one, so just let it go for now.

1 Like