Carole Bastia

Unless I’m giving team building advice I’m rarely serious on this forum. Unfortunately this is one of those times. I’ve never completely lost the will to play the game like I have now.

Everything Bastia shuts down:

Stunning and shocking entrance
Summon entrance / double etc (most throw mons)
Stealth entrance
Aggressive entrance
Shield entrance
All Roaring monsters
Tranquilising entrance
Dreamy entrance
Camo entrance
Toxic entrance
Fast forward entrance
Stragglers doom/ gift
Motor

Not to mention the rest of its moveset countering:

Protect
Taunt
Death revenge
Payback revenge
LINK monsters
Any move with a one time use but lasting effect such as Iron Wall.

Also it’s crazy defence which easily tanks the following moves and their ‘double’ variants.

Retribution
Confidence strike
Survivor
Slayerbane
Poison eater
Throw
Much more.

It’s almost impossible to regain control once its lost, because nothing makes an impact. The frontline is now just a lottery which more or less determines the outcome of the game.

The whole thing makes me incredibly sad. People can laugh all they want, but I’ve spent 3 or 4 years building my collection and the majority of my monsters are suddenly useless, against one. I’m sure there are many others who feel the same.

I’ve never completely lost the will to play the game like I have now.

18 Likes

As a Bastia user I can tell you that you are absolutely right man. Unfortunately there is not much 90% of players can do against it. Too much control in one single monster.

How many people actually have it awakened and use it?

My Igniscapra after using Overdrive… One shot.

1 Like

Even the second form is bad. I can think of 4 players off the top of my head who have awakened

With time even more people will have it awakened.

Serene Field is an awesome passive that’s good for the game but it should’ve been with a moveset that is practically useless. The healing moves + massive defence are very cool but should’ve been on a monster without Serene Field. The disruption moves are great on any mediocre monster, turning it into a great one. All three together on one monster is ridiculous.

5 Likes

Bastia is a pure p2w cheat code and borderline OP. The second form is strong, the final form is just Nuts. It’s the most broken thing we have witnessed since pre nerf gazer

8 Likes

There’s no borderline about it.

@Killerdog more so than the moveset you have to consider the crazy defence and HG

1 Like

Yeah, wrong word. Its just completely OP

1 Like

So what would be an appropriate nerf? Lowering its defense like with Angelion so it’s still extremely powerful but able to be dealt with somewhat easier?

1 Like

When u people were like “I’m not getting bastia , I don’t like design dhiiknshk”
I felt nothing but pity for u all…

She is an s+ monster . Too bad I couldn’t get with gems I had

3 Likes

And I wouldn’t like seeing her getting nerfed ! She is a wonderful design wrt her moveset !
Just make her 2nd form weaker much like sakuralisk

3 Likes
  1. Reduce the scaling on Survivor to the normal amount (half what it currently is).
  2. Put a 100s time restriction on Goddess’ Protection, make it 3-time use and 160TU → 200TU.
  3. Goddess’ Blessing gets the addition of overwatch and 130TU → 160TU (making it heal + purify + overwatch a teammate), which adds a weakness to chrono killer.
  4. Change SS to be Goddess’ Form: 1TU, fully heals + purifies user and applies a shield.
  5. Change stats to be “standard defence” rather than full defence.
  6. Increase cost from 16 to 17.

That’s a lot of tweaks but ultimately what it does is:

• removes the crazy double repulse + knockback random that Bastia can do on her first turn
  • makes her easier to kill with the lower defence + chrono weakness
  • makes the healing more balanced and interesting

Personally I would’ve chosen a “healer” mythic to be like Bastia but with the SS changed how I said and then instead of Serene Field you have a passive that gives “hold ground once” to teammates. To be clear, this passive would not work like shield field. It would be active while Bastia is on the field for all teammates so when they get hit to “0HP” she animates and they survive on 1HP instead, but only once per teammate. This would make the healing moves become incredibly useful and create some cool combo potential as well as being possible to combine with Dusicyon so teammates are shielded AND hold ground once.

For a Serene Field monster I would’ve done the following:
Rounded stats, 40% speed
Actives:
(-) Bloodlust (130TU)
(-) Entrance killer (70TU)
(-) Timestrike (100TU)
(-) Entrance backfire (130TU) [3-time use, activate the entrance of one enemy on the field back at their team]
SS: Instant double repulse (1TU)
Passives:
(-) Serene Field
(-) Time Freeze

3 Likes

No , dolphin has enough targets. She shouldn’t have any killer weakness so she stays in the field to use her passive.

But yea , her disruption could be dialed down

How about giving her a protect skill so she can be one shot by a se :grin::grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Start with the defence, but don’t stop there. End with compensating the players who got her

1 Like

I almost wanted to quit the moment I met her, she destroyed almost every strategy I was using. The defense is too good, it is difficult to touch her.

That would be amazing

2 Likes

Compasiation of 300 gems and am good no complain here u can nefr her as much as u want.

2 Likes

Bastia is powerful but not OP. The fact it neglects your monster ability make it balanced. The only nerf it needs is lower her defense and either increase her double knockback tu or put a 100 sec restrictions on it

1 Like