A way monster restrictions could evolve / improve

As those who know me probably know, I’m a massive advocate for seeing different and diverse teams. It keeps the game fresh, alive and more exciting, more creative.

I think restrictions could apply in other ways too, to help diversify the game.

The impact and oppression of stun, means about 80% of our monster collections are overlooked. Most top players run stun immunes throughout their team or they’re forced to run an incredible amount of stun protection.

I would much rather see Stun as an inconvenience or a way to come back into a fight, rather than outright winning games that it does today and forcing stun immunes spam. It is extremely hard to come back from stun. A simple purify will do this for sleep.

I do acknowledge that I raised this before and the Devs have brought more alternative stun protection. However it’s still too much. As an example, I tried something different this PvP and ran stunnable monsters in slots 1, 2, 3 and 5. Stun protection in 4 and 6. The result is that they kill my 4th slot and I get hammered with stun with no way back.

Of course I can deal with this. The answer is more stun protection and / or more stun immunes. But once again I’m closed off from the majority of my monster collection. Others are too.

I propose rather than restricting particular monsters each season, limit monster types instead. For example, only 2 monsters with stun moves. Only 3 with sleep. Etc etc. The amount can vary, I’m just explaining the concept.

I believe that doing this, will still allow stun to be important in the game and allow it to turn the tide of battle, but perhaps it won’t win games outright by stun locks and allow us to feel more comfortable using more stunnable monsters with stun protection.

Perhaps this could work for other types of monsters too.

Do you like this idea? I just want everyone to have their monster collection unlocked and more feasible. The existing list could be reduced slightly in this case? Idk

Tldr I propose rather than restricting particular monsters each season, limit monster types instead. For example, only 2 monsters with stun moves. Only 3 with sleep. Etc etc.

8 Likes

The special stuff is the “meta”
don’t change

I start to play this rank season and got bored cause is exactly the same
Maeve-Skeleviathan
Mantis-Maeve
Poseidon-Myst
Canish-Fire Link

My last 12 matches was exactly like that
Literally,no more Fl then those
So,maybe im going to start to think in PVE cause pvp is bored like now and never limit those monster
I never agree limit the Monster family
Like Dolphs,GF,CW,GD,PG etc
Cause they need be together but in this and last season the PVP went completely bored

1 Like

And to be honest
70% of players uses Fire Link so meh
Maybe i will change to another game or make myself a Monster Collector like @DonT89
Honestly,when i start to play,the Game was fun​:sparkles::partying_face:
Now is more same ■■■■,Fire Link,Maeve,Rock Lock
Again,again,again
Actually sleep is in past days,i love Sleep,Even when i start i play with that,now,is imposible make a good sleep team

1 Like

Mostly stun immunes that’s why.

Perhaps the current list system doesn’t need to go in its entirety. But perhaps my idea could be added as an additional layer. I will edit my Op to make this clear

This is like the 4th post made on this by you so I’m sure the devs are listening :joy:

1 Like

Exactly
That make Fire Link one OP strats
Cause have Poison,Sleep Inmune (Ashterios),stun inmune (80% of Fire link) etc

I know I know :joy: I just feel strongly about it. Tbf as I said in my post, they did add more stun protection variety after saying they would

1 Like

Ye, so if stun wasn’t an outright winner; you might see less link fire :blush:

I hope so bro
Literally i got bored
All matches is same
Or Maeve,or Canishogun FL,or Fire Link
I miss old days,when retribución,haze,catapulta was strategies,today is exactly the same

@LemonSqueezy
I guess You agree with me
Today pvp is same team with diferents IGN
lol

1 Like

I quit the game because of lack of diversity mate. I only came back because I was bored while I had Covid and then stuck around a little.

Stun is the biggest killer of diversity I swear to god.

What’s even worst is some players who have a good collection don’t even use it to win but they call it troll team and run 5 , 6 stun monsters , kill stun absorber then use cresendo or something else

2 Likes

This is all i am seeing this season

^ The stun protection added in 2021.

They’re continuing to add powerful and diverse stun protection. Yes I agree that the power stun has to win games is frustrating and it plays a very large role in PvP. However, I don’t think it kills diversity as much as many people feel. It’s just a thing you have to be very wary of when trying to build a good team.

That said, I feel we need them to continue to give us more good stun protection options so we’ll eventually have enough to always feel like we have the tools to deal with it in whatever team we’re building. I just hope they don’t give us more shiny Spectrefoxes, who randomly hate on many other things at the same time (it totally shuts down sleep - actually better than it deals with stun, plus also poison and stealth).

The only thing I’d add is us having more ways to come back after being stunned. Rescuing give turn is a lovely move and I’m glad it’s on roaring entrance monsters. I hope we can see more things like this for undoing stun.

P.S. The name of this thread made me really interested to read it. I was slightly disappointed to find it was yet another rant about stun from Lemon :stuck_out_tongue:

Jasmine - 2nd best stun absorber of 2021 yet rendered deadweight by a single tranquilizer

dusicyon - dusi is amazing. Even so, I took it out of my team and opted for more stun immune spam because I don’t wanna deal with tranquilizers. I own focalforce.

pandochamp - garbage

wavetail - not good unless you’re gary

jocodragon - pretty good but stun immune spam is better. lacks aggression unless there’s a reptile and can get stunned by tranquilizers if it lines up to not reach 400secs.

supershell - decent for an epic. easily killed, exposing your team to stun

magmagund - actually OP

mechydra - trash

poseidon - actually pretty good but it also got nerfed

momo - OP but almost nobody owns it

pitayagon - a bit overrated imo

lime - how is this stun protection?

sharkrex - slow and unreliable as a form of stun protection

alphastorm - good for a super epic but unreliable for stun prot

lunactia - yeah I’m gonna self rock lock myself to protect from stun

spectrefox - tranquilizer

nightingale - trash unless you’re gary

gryphking - slow to make an impact + has stun revenge (free turns to infernicorn and scorpiogeist)

jawshank - lmao

There are only three or four monsters in this list, one of them being an awakened mythic, that I would run in place of stun immune spam

6 Likes

I have experience with use stun protection.

Its long time ,I am never run stun absorber in midgame. I am really affraid meet tranquilizer Its can easily make my team bcome 2 vs 4 and If they add another tranquilizer it Will bcome 1 vs 4 .

I am prefer run stun imune monster , so when I am meet tranquilizer at least they only lock 1 monster. But too bad most of them in limit list

3 Likes

I was disappointed that you missed the point entirely but there we go :joy:

I’m not talking about stun protection. I acknowledged the devs improvement on it in my post, but thanks for the visual image.

My point is that having stun protection in 4 and 6th, means the enemy just kills 4th slot and then stuns over and over. It doesn’t matter what the stun protection is.

Perhaps a limit list in this way would prevent it becoming an outright cause of victory. Same with sleep.

It absolutely does. All of the top players spam stun immunes.

The restriction idea could potentially prevent most outright locks though, which would perhaps make for a nicer experience all round. Sleep, disruption etc.

I see a lot of link fire

1 Like

But hey, at least we are rarely meet player use stun monster spam😅. Except u meet sikariofish and KS

Each to their own. I’ll keep running far less stun protection than others and still do fine. It looks like you’re undervaluing stun bisector though… it’s very good. Btw Lime is there because she can do conversion to create a stun absorber (Supershell), although it’s one of the minor cases. I mean it was a display of all the monsters which could be considered stun protection.

Actual viable ones which we should see people use are: G.F. Jasmine, Dusicyon, Jocodragon, Magmagund, Mechydra, A.S. Poseidon, Momo, Pitayagon, Sharkrex, Alphastorm/Lunactia, Spectrefox(s), Gryphking… that’s the vast majority of them (although of course the mythics are less common and Alpha/Luna are minor use as stun protection, but Spectrefox being everywhere makes up for things). Point is, 2021 did a huge amount for stun protection in PvP and we’ve even got a nice variety of options… simply from 1 year of monsters!

It was too easy to write that final line :stuck_out_tongue: But I did get your point… an idea about restricting the number of stun monsters so people wouldn’t feel so afraid that they need to spam stun immunes and we might see more other monsters get played. At this point though I see it as a somewhat desperate attempt to tackle stun because you still feel the tools we have aren’t good enough. I agree people are clearly spamming stun immunes and it’s important to deal with that, but on some level it’s just because people copy what others do and they’re stubborn to adapt or they struggle to use the tools provided properly. I know that’s harsh to say, but seriously people go overkill with stun protection and getting that fine balance of enough that you don’t lose too much is tricky so it’s not very surprising they take the easier options.

Ultimately, the meta is shifting every few months and that’s a good thing. Making people turn away from stun immune spam should be a long-term goal for the Devs. Actively kicking stun out of the meta with restrictions is not an ideal solution.

1 Like