A new reward format

I think there needs to be a change in the rewards format. Especially with regards to ingredients. One needs the ingredients to evolve their monsters so they can complete the harder challenges. But the required ingredients are rewarded by completing the hardest challenges…

So I propose:

1. the ingredients required for evolution be made rewards for the middle level challenges.
  2. Ingredients for unlocking skills, etc. happy to keep them at the hardest level challenges.
  3. In replacement of the ingredients for the hardest level challenges. Maybe give 5 gems? People that reach this level have pretty much all the ingredients and monsters. Why not let them have a chance to roll for the few remaining monsters or get potions?

What’s other’s thoughts on my proposal?

I think there needs to be a change in the rewards format. Especially with regards to ingredients. One needs the ingredients to evolve their monsters so they can complete the harder challenges. But the required ingredients are rewarded by completing the hardest challenges…

So I propose:

1. the ingredients required for evolution be made rewards for the middle level challenges.
  2. Ingredients for unlocking skills, etc. happy to keep them at the hardest level challenges.
  3. In replacement of the ingredients for the hardest level challenges. Maybe give 5 gems? People that reach this level have pretty much all the ingredients and monsters. Why not let them have a chance to roll for the few remaining monsters or get potions?

Its so new players cant just have a fully evoled legend, but need to learn the games strategy to reach that level. I beat my first scb expert with pre buffed prisma who was in his 1 st form, se and epics

well take this scb for example i dont see a way a new player will get through the 2 Deo front line. Not even with a lot of luck involved.

Because they are new players and they need to learn this game by failing at it,I struggled alot when starting and took monthes to do scb each time and finish other events,this is how the game works and its perfect

Hm. Strategy only works when you have the mons you need at your disposal. Whether they are in their final form or not. Strategy is pointless when you don’t have the required mons to carry out the strategy. And yes, I know this is a pay to win game. But allowing free to play players complete the evolution isn’t going to throw the game out the window for pay to win players. Cos you still have all the other mons at your disposal & thus, will beat a non-pay to win player any day in a PvP.

If you need help message me. I got a line chat for beginners players to help them get better

Thanks for the offer. But I’m good.

Rewards for different events?

Didn’t the format of SCB change so its hard to compare between what you went through and the new players.

They made it into two steps
1 where no buffs
2 where you fight buffed monsters

Before that you would fight buffed monsters only so there was no part1
But to give new players ability to get gems from SCB they gave 1St battle
And 2ND one is for omega and 30k XP

so before it was the same

You do actually get ingredients from the “mid-level” in events. Take showdown tower… floor 8 and floor 9 give the ingredients while beyond that is legendary potions, gems and rare gems. It’s the same story in every other event except SCB. My brother who started recently and has one legendary got to floor 9 in the showdown tower so that goes to show what is possible.

There was a thread recently discussing the issue with the Omegamid in SCB. The fact is, there are other places you will get Omegamids over time so you have to wait until you’ve got a small number of legends before you can beat SCB extreme lvl 2. If you buy a lot of gems early on then you’ll probably have enough monsters to create a strategic team which can beat SCB, but you won’t have the experience to do it. Basically the game is made quite nicely where you’ve got to work hard for the ingredients to begin with then later you easily have an excess.

I have like 9 legends and I keep getting beaten by thale on level 8. And still unable to finish SCB lvl 2. Wow, I must really suck at this game. :S

Asking for help is always available,maybe other players can help none of us knows everything about this game
And all of us asked for help before

They need to add more opportunities for grails/vorabooks in particular tho imo. Ocarino is a maybe, but those two ingredients in particular are limiting evolution for a few atm for me. That beings said Whale’s was a great way of doing that. 

Thale is the GaryOak of Neo. He shows up with squirtle when you show up with charmander, it’s gonna be a tough fight!

Z19 GaryOak

Yeah. Figure from his attitude. If only I had the mons I needed to counter his lineup…

Thanks for all the offers for help. But as I mentioned. It’s not a matter of strategy, but lack of mons. E.g. in SCB, I can reach the last 4 mons, but never enough to beat it cos my mons are not only significantly under powered, but also they don’t counter very well. E.g. if I could evolve my Valreign and get stun counter, I could do some much better.

Strategy without the means to execute is worthless - a bit of food for thought.

So I propose:

Thank you very much for the feedback!

We’ve noticed that issue for the players who just started, but in order to keep the balance and learning progress, we include all the special rare ingredients in the Achievement where everyone can obtain.

Please feel free to let us know if that is still not enough or too hard.

Thanks VKC.

I don’t mind the challenges in general. It’s nice to have a challenge, that’s why I’m suggesting to move the ingredient to mid-tier battle and not remove or make the extreme level easier. Oh and the changes you guys are making a great btw.

I totally understand there are long time players who have spent a significant amount of time to obtain what they have now and seeing newbies easily reach the same goals in weeks that took them months isn’t an easy pill to take it in.

But they should know that, the changes I’m proposing does not affect their standing. Heck even if I had evolved all my legends. I wouldn’t have a lineup that can beat the most seasoned player who will no doubt have a much better lineup and as everyone said, their strategy would be much better than mine. I know, because I’ve seen and encountered them in the PvPs. I didn’t even get past the first line!

That shows having both a great strategy and a good lineup of monsters will always trump a lineup with a few fully evolved monsters or a full evolved legend lineup without strategy. And if the player is of the latter, they will no doubt start asking or looking for help in strategies.

I’ve already mentioned before, but I’ll mention again in this thread about the addition of icons.

1. Monster status. Sometimes a monster has auto protect on or turned on protector mode, yet I’m still able to hit other monsters. The state is confusing. If there was an icon appearing on each monster that is shielded, protected, etc. it would make it so much clearer. I do not believe sharing openly known information affects the game play as others have said.

2. Passive Skills. I know others have said part of the game is to learn the various monsters, their skills both passive and active. However, this follows the same point as 1). These are openly available, having an icon to indicate a monster has death revenge isn’t going to break the strategy of the game. Unless the core aim of the game is memory challenge. As in testing which players have better memory in remembering monster’s skills or focus to remember which monsters are shielded, stealth, etc. during game play. (Note: the latter goes out the window when you have the game set to fast speed, cos when a couple of enemy takes their turns in a row, you cannot see what exactly the first monster did. And in PvP, it’s so slow, some of the animations or effects like poisoned don’t actually play or show up.)

Summarising this long post. The challenge levels are OK. As you need to accommodate for seasoned players. But I think the rewards would be better for everyone if it changed to my proposal.

P.S. if you guys don’t like the icons idea. Check out how Hearthstone does the status thing.

How I get past the first line is: use night rider with a bunch of mons with hold ground and then roll until the deos have one do quick charge while the other does normal energy charge. The. You can hit them with night rider’s desperate all. Use the other mons to wipe out the others. I also use bitter beast to take the stun. Though any other stun absorber will do the job.

Hope you got a night rider! Otherwise another way is to do the sleep lock as mentioned I another thread. I got crap all sleepers so that’s a no go for me.

Oh & for the record. I still haven’t managed to crack it myself. Have got to the final line at best. :S

Quick note on sleep lock first:
To get a good sleep lock you need quite specific legendaries, namely Shadowkit and Stormloch for their single sleep and hold ground and Goldtail for the potent sleep. Any combination of the two and you can pull off a sleep lock very well but otherwise it can be tricky to do. I have 39 legendaries but only Shadowkit out of those three so even with Soulstealer I can’t QUITE do it enough to make it a better strategy than others. Basically my point is, it’s not a strategy everyone can do and definitely not one new players can expect to get their hands on quickly.

I’m going to speak my peace on the other stuff since you did the same with your opinion. Please do not take any personal offence from what I say, the only thing with regards to you is I see you’ve been a member on the forum for just one month… so my guess is you’ve played less than two months?

I totally agree that in games like this it needs to be possible for newer players to “catch up” with older players in some form. Not too much, but basically for them to have easier access to legendaries over the course of their first few months so that they can get into a similar kind of playing field. One of the ways this has been done is with achievements. They give a lot of gems as you level up, as well as increasing the number of gems through the story by a great deal. I think these alone do a pretty good job for rewarding consistent players over the time they’re playing and gives them some guarantee of getting legendaries without needing to go far in all the limited time content. Anyway, onto the Omegamid and other ingredients.

When a player first starts the game they get 1 Omegamid from achievements but cannot complete SCB. Now, every month there is the event with the special ingredients mission which offers and Omegamid. Additionally, every 2 months (I think) there is an Island Challenge and the Whale’s Treasure event which each also offer an Omegamid quite easily.

First month = you’ll get 3: achievement, ingredients mission, IC / WT

Second month = you may be able to do Ultimate Challenge to get one there, so you can get 3 again

Third month = you now have maybe 6 legendaries (if you’ve got enough gems for that many already) so can give SCB a good go but if not, 3 again

After the third month you should easily have enough Omegamids to evolve legendaries to beat SCB. If you’re playing for free you may not have enough legendaries by this point, but Omegamids won’t be holding you back anyway so not an issue. If people are expecting to beat SCB extreme lvl 2 when they’ve played the game for under 2 months then I think they’re setting their expectations way too high. Unless my estimations are way off, it should be possible to get a small number of Omegamids during the first 2-3 months which will let you evolve stuff and make your team for beating SCB. As far as the other ingredients go…

Crownwalker = 1 per month

Grailing = 1 per month (now added to Crownwalker event YAY)

Moalith = 1 per month

Crystalmouth = possible to farm in final mouth mission

Cryptamid = possible to farm in pyramid mission

Vorabook = in “special ingredients” mission once a month (choice between this or all the others) or in many limited time events as a mid-level reward

Ocarino = rare and usually among the top rewards in things (very appropriate in my opinion), might be in “special ingredients” mission I can’t remember

So, as far as I can tell, there shouldn’t really be any issue unless you’re setting your expectations way too high over the first few months or you bought a load of gems at the beginning and are taking a while to get all the ingredients because you get them slower to begin with. I’ve had a couple of friends join recently (at anniversary), one who spent nothing and one who took advantage of the gem deals so bought something like 7 legendaries right off the bat. The one who hasn’t spent anything got 50 gems in the first week and took advantage of the 100% guaranteed legendary in the egg, which he’s been able to evolve and is saving up 150 gems for Christmas (well on track, no other legendaries except story one so far). The one who spent a lot was able to put together a good team and get the Omegamid in UC as well as get reasonably far in each of the events so he’s evolved the majority of the legendaries he has I think. I’d need to check with him to be sure but it’s barely over a month he’s been playing and already got himself set up nicely and hero rank 73. I’ll ask him how he finds SCB actually, but he’s probably a month off that.

Thanks Killerdog. Great to hear someone agree that strategy isn’t the solution. And someone who started around same time as myself and has less legends than me is ahead of me (guess my expectations weren’t over the top).

The schedule of events also is very helpful. Now I have a better idea of where and when I can get the goods. Though, of course, I’ll be trying to do it in my own schedule.

On a side note, I completed the grail event yesterday and didn’t get a grail. Is it one of those chance encounter events?