Wonder Trading

Why would anyone put an orbling in the trade anyway, given you only get 1 of each and only get enough to get 1 Kamiwyrm. And also knowing that it is nearly guaranteed there won’t be a Kamiwyrm in the system?

I’m just being practical… 

That’s the risk you have to take though

if you’re using it for dragons, then your expectations are way too high. 

There really is no good way to abuse it.

yeah, you run into the potential of getting garbage in exchange for tossing in something good.

It’s a risk that you wanted to take

We might as well implement a real trading system if you want to toss restrictions on.

useing the star method you could just go after alot of storm foxes and have a chance to get an orbling. this would give you the abilaty to make tha kamiwyrm before you technicly should. im not talking about trading in an orbling im talking about recieving an orbling. simalarly you could get an obcenly large amount of firesoldiers or evolve the first form quickly to have a chance to get dragons (both have 2 1/2 stars) with little effort…

I’m just trying to show how it could be broken and trying to find fixes. like only being able to trade in those that have been maxed out it would keep people from abusing fire soldiers (just an example) and make them actually think twice.

their are only a bout 20 that have 2 1/2 stars though thats a 1 in 5 chance of getting a dragon using the star method.

im not worried about garbage im worried about not getting enough of it.

Someone has to trade in an orbling for you to receive an orbling. We’re talking about trading here, not getting a random monster out of all the ones that exist. 

And I actually don’t think we should do the star method if this gets implemented. We should make it completely random. But how is it broken if you trade some horrible monster and get out something amazing?

Again, that’s just part of the gamble. If everyone puts in fire soldiers, then everyone is going to get out fire soldiers as well. You get what you put in, so to speak. 

Again, I still dont’ 

So Im sorry to disagree with you Manic, but I agree with what Ashley is saying.

there really is WAY too much thought being put into this

Wonder Trading can’t be abused

No one can get jipped

you use it at your own risk 

Just about everything can be grabbed in game except for maybe a few guys when they shouldn’t have been in the system in the first place.

Im sorry if I sound a bit harsh here but cmon guys.  Sometimes, simple is best.

ok so someone could start a new game and trade starters off probably when few people are on and could change games and get it on their other game in theory. I am just trying to be the devils advocate i love the idea dont get me wrong but i am just trying to point out potental flaws and ways around.

The titanic was unsinkable too…

the stronger the idea the better chance it has to be implamented and group think is bad. I want this implamented, it may seem that i am shooting holes in it but I’m mearly pointing out cracks.

ok so someone could start a new game and trade starters off probably when few people are on and could change games and get it on their other game in theory. I am just trying to be the devils advocate i love the idea dont get me wrong but i am just trying to point out potental flaws and ways around before it is implemented.

Now THAT is a good point. Multiple devices and stuff as well. This, I think, isn’t too hard to fix. As far as saves are concerned, it’s especially easy to ensure that you can’t receive what you traded in one save on another save. The device playing the game is easily recognized in code, so there could be a simple condition:

​if (this monster comes from <this device>)

then don’t allow this device to receive this monster.

When you use multiple devices, though, it gets more tricky. There could be a Game Center restriction put on to where you 1) must be signed up with Game Center and 2) cannot send and receive to the same Game Center account, but people could make multiple Game Center accounts as well.

There could also be a time restriction put in like this: once you trade a monster in, a certain amount of time must pass before that monster can be received by [anyone]. That way, the person trading in the dragons won’t know how long he/she will have to wait to receive them on another device, and then it is likely someone else will get them first. 

I can still see some people starting new games and flooding it with starters… which is also an easy fix just put the tradeing place at about the same place that you get fuson monsters to prevent this.

I think my solution would prevent that from being an issue. But yes, what you said is also a great (even better) idea: just require you get to a certain spot in the story before you can use the system. 

Problem solved

atleast untill i find another way to abuse it. :D  Just want to give the dev’s no reson to not implament something like this.

Fair enough

Sorry If I sounded harsh.  

Pokemon wise, you can put say a tyrunt ( little baby t-rex ) and get a magikarp back. Same can happen here. Such as a hatchling or starter and get back a narpike or something. You’d need to put a star rarity thing in so that you cannot trade a common low star, and revive a random piece of junk back. Not only that but things that appear with low odds should be added in. Ex- hatchlings. It would take a lot of work though. And limiting it to one day, would, be a smarter idea. ( funny fact addition: Wonder trade actually makes more sense and is better than gts [global trade station] as at least you may get a good stat pokemon instead of finding kids begging for mew and other special event pokes for their starters or xerneas )

Edit: Even if people know the odds and they know they won’t get something good back, there wouldn’t be a point. They would rather trudge on than waste time sending stuff over for more junk. Thus the idea would be useless ._.

lol, no need to apolagise.

8+ years of millatary service and served in a war zone. so long as you dont start shooting I’ll consider it a constructive conversation.

The limated use a day is a good idea though i think one use is a little low

1 Like

I’m still in the * equality camp, but if there is a daily limit, and you have to at least reach a certain point to use this feature, I’m liking it better.

I also love the idea of delaying whatever you put in, before it comes back out.  

I know it’s random, but if there is a limited pool of stuff, and somebody can throw junk in, they stand a good chance to get something better back out.  Like, if I know I know I could win just as much on a penny slot machine as I could on a dollar slot machine, with the same odds, I’m going to use the penny slot every time.  That would give me 100 chances to get a jackpot for each spin on the other machine.  Over time that would continue to further dilute the pool with junk so the odds of getting something good would get worse, but I don’t think that would deter anyone from shoving junk into the system hand over fist.  I maintain that there must be a gating factor to this, can’t submit duplicate monsters, 3 trades per day, something…

I agree that there should be a limit to the trading, I’d be all for that addition

I’m just against the star limit. Its pointless. Then it wouldn’t be wonder trading. It’d be regular trading

Being unable to submit duplicate monsters in a certain time frame sounds like a good idea to me.

Hey, I haven’t posted here yet, I might as well give out my two cents.

I honestly don’t know what to think. The concept does seem nice but I’d MUUUUUCHH rather just have regular trading. Wonder Trading is a gamble. Pokemon has taught me that. I think there should be an equivalent to the GTS in Pokemon and THEN that’ve that implemented, but I don’t think that this new form of trading should be implemented when regular trading isn’t even there yet. In the GTS, people were asking for mews and such but in here it’s completely avoidable. The more I think about it the more I realize that this is actually a very good idea.

• You deposit your Arkadion
  • You ask for an Arkadion
  • You specify said Arkadion’s level (or if any level is needed, that is also an option)
  • You specify said Arkadion’s rank (or if any rank is needed, that’s also an option)
  • You wait

This is the “depositing” method, you can also search for other Arkadions that other people have deposited and look for very specific choices.

• You search for an Arkadion
  • You specify its level
  • You specify its rank
  • You can also choose to see what is avialable to offer for an Arkadion you have, for example. If I have a Kamiwyrm, I can see what people are willing to give for my Kamiwyrm.

It’s not an easy-to-make concept but this in my opinion is better.

** Just wanna say that I’m completely on board with the one trade a day thing. It seems only natural. However there should be a feature that allows us to buy more trades but at the cost of gold.

Well…in geomon i got an exclusive persona (cosmetic change) for a monster i got. People would spam me with trade offers, me, declining them, realized how that was not a good idea because geomon released mine 2 weeks after i got it, while the other person who got a different persona for that monster at the same time i did didn’t get released until about a month after. Now, people still wanted it even though t was availible in store later, due to its trade value. I think trading may solve the " eggrrrhhhh i never got one eggrrrhhhh im so angry errggghhh i dont want it later i want it now!" Problems.

…that’s what the wonder trading would fix…

It would give the ability trade while not letting anyone get pinned and lose something.

I doubt people would spam you with trade offers in this because its RANDOM.