We need to talk about Zhulong.

Okay, I’m going to try to avoid ranting too long this time, but… Zhulong is THE most overpowered monstrosity we’ve had since Deathgazer, plain and simple. Front of Talo, Azrazel, Zhu and Bitterbeast, cannibalizes talo into tenebris, free kill, free shield, free accelerate, instant setup for sneak attack all, and immediate follow up of double bloodcrave. How do you even stop this? During the clan tournament I ran into this exact front twice, and both times I was running a team that in theory should’ve been able to counter it(1st cannib into bane, should’ve nullified stealth, 2nd Neraider front, had Nereida handy to remove stealth), and well, completely demolished both times. This is literally night night, but with a fraction of the risk. Devs, please, this needs to be fixed ASAP. The best fixes I can think of would be lowering the speed, lowering the damage on the SS, removing hg(honestly it’s just stupid that he has this, he does NOT need it to be effective), or posssibly a time restriction on the SS. Certainly not all of those changes, just some small combination of them. I don’t care, SOMETHING needs to happen.

I am guilty for his salt devs but zhulong is not OP
Ive been running this FL a lot and there are other counters other than the ones we metioned in TL

I have Zhulong and Tenebris so tried out a similar front line, minus the Azra. It obliterated weaker opponents but people in the top bracket could quite easily beat it. You literally need all three: Azra, Tenebris and Zhulong.

For this reason, I don’t believe Zhulong needs to have drastic changes like HG removed or lower speed. That will really spoil the monster for its use outside of this incredible combo.

In fact, they probably don’t need to change any of the monsters. What they need to do is have a few viable front line strategies which can counter it.

That said… there are a few front line strategies out there which have similar power. Take my one using Stratustrike (82% speed) one-on-one. I use that alongside the sleep immune Jackal that switches friend to bring in a purify monster. 82% speed and I’ve put 3 of 4 enemy monsters asleep while I can freely fight with 4. This actually out-speeds the strategy with Azra and Zhulong mentioned here.

There are a few counters… a link holy team using Heavenswyrm can shield all at high speed. Deo TK TK TT probably works a charm because Azra dies easily. Put in anything with camouflage and it won’t get hit by the link sneak attack all or double bloodcrave.

I’m not saying it’s easy to counter but it’s ONE OF the best front line strategies out there. I think it’s good they’re developing link teams so they can be viable on the front line like with Midas TT and this shadow trio. We need to adapt and make better strategies of our own. If it does prove simply way too good then I’m sure the Devs will nerf it like they’ll put a time restriction on Tenebris’ passive (like with Deathgazer). However, it doesn’t look too overpowered to me.

P.S. I totally called it months ago saying Azra would become one of the best front line monsters after the link buff. He’s ridiculously versatile when put with Talo. You only need link for the initial setup then he’s a fast dual sweeper with stun revenge (and probably a shield).

Okay, I’m going to try to avoid ranting too long this time, but… Zhulong is THE most overpowered monstrosity we’ve had since Deathgazer, plain and simple. Front of Talo, Azrazel, Zhu and Bitterbeast, cannibalizes talo into tenebris, free kill, free shield, free accelerate, instant setup for sneak attack all, and immediate follow up of double bloodcrave. How do you even stop this? During the clan tournament I ran into this exact front twice, and both times I was running a team that in theory should’ve been able to counter it(1st cannib into bane, should’ve nullified stealth, 2nd Neraider front, had Nereida handy to remove stealth), and well, completely demolished both times. This is literally night night, but with a fraction of the risk. Devs, please, this needs to be fixed ASAP. The best fixes I can think of would be lowering the speed, lowering the damage on the SS, removing hg(honestly it’s just stupid that he has this, he does NOT need it to be effective), or posssibly a time restriction on the SS. Certainly not all of those changes, just some small combination of them. I don’t care, SOMETHING needs to happen.

Oniblade, stratus, poison gas, motordragon to force protectors, stun said protectors into uselessity, mojinator for sneak attack all, knockback, delugazar stealthbane, albakhan, pontibear to name a few counters.
Start adapting buddy, He’s not as broken as gazer.

Before you write rant threads, give yourself 10 minutes. Only really need to start panicking about stuff when it doesn’t have a counter.

I can counter that fl with nox, shadowrym, Gallio, and gearwolf, it kills talo and azra, sadly I dont have shadowyrm so I cant utilize that fl now, using blightwyrm as a sub. :3

They nerfed Chronozeros for less. Now they made his dead version pre-nerf with hg and not for free. Seems legit  :ph34r:

For the record that is an incredibly specific group of monsters, that needs an incredibly exact condition to be met, and I’ve always been a believer in just because you can’t beat something doesn’t mean it’s op. Black beast in the frontline usually wrecks anything Zhulong tries to do. So does albakhan to an extent. He definitely does not need a nerf, try new strats.

It’s a strong fl but not impossible to beat. I think midas tt during his prime time was more op than this combo.

I have a Zhulong without combo and he’s meh, please don’t kill him. Kill the synergies instead.

Yeah, I actually do feel like it’s just that particular triple combo that makes him just too much to handle. Take away the BS Azrazel/Tenebris FL combo, and zhulong is still a force to be reckoned with but can reasonably be stopped. I know the whole point of Zhu was to be partnered with these legends, but Zhu should have to work for it. This setup simply makes it too easy. In fact, it could be that the real root of the problem is Azrazel, since he allows everything to immediately fall into place at once. I just think at least one tweak should happen that either breaks up this particular combo while still allowing the three to work together in different ways, or simply creating a reasonably sized weakness in the setup that at least gives certain people a chance. But I still think Zhu having hg is just plain stupid.

The combo is fine stop crying

Is it really common to have all 3 of Zhu, Az, and Tene?? I only have Zhu & Az - am missing Tene and am having a hard time putting a combo together. I almost view this issue as if you are lucky enough (or have paid enough) to get all 3 you almost deserve the OP combo

I could tell this was gonna be a Luc thread from the title :joy:

Z19 GaryOak

Zhu is fine…very annoying its true but not impossíble to beat…
Kill is partners and he will become unefective cus he need link to actually get a kill …most annoying thing on Zhu is the low tu of link stealth all

Git gud

As a Zhu/Tene/Azra user I definitely think something needs to be done to Zhu, putting a time restriction on his SS would be a start, and maybe making his stealth all 70tu. Even his protector conversion (another low tu move) when shells/boxes are on the field or there’s an incoming stun. Some kind of nerf is needed though. Hopefully it’s not a gazer-esque nerf that makes him unusable and just a few tweaks.

Guys he’s only that good when literally every condition is met. Ever run into a black beast with literally any protector and a tt front with it? It does not end well for Zhulong and company. Just because he can try to counter stun meta (which he can’t even do sometimes) doesn’t mean he needs to get changes. If anything tweak azra’s canabalize so he can’t follow up with double bloodcrave so fast. Changing zhu would hurt him so much for anyone that doesn’t have that exact combination of monsters.

Yeah, I’ll admit I was a little steamed when I wrote the OP, on his own Zhulong isn’t so bad. But honestly it’s when every condition is met that it goes too far. I only ask that something happen that shuts down the particular azrazel cannibalize into Tenebris strat I described while still allowing the three of them to coordinate in plenty of other ways, you know, since that’s kind of how they’re meant to be used, or at the very least give it a more coherent weakness that can reasonably be exploited. I’m sorry, but seeing my pure poison lineup get spanked by a pure stealth lineup when poison is stealth’s absolute hardest counter just feels plain wrong.

I appreciate you walking it back :+1:t3:

I kinda went through it all in my post and mentioned how the problem is more to do with Azra than Zhulong. The bit I want to pull out again is…

“I’m not saying it’s easy to counter but it’s ONE OF the best front line strategies out there. I think it’s good they’re developing link teams so they can be viable on the front line like with Midas TT and this shadow trio. We need to adapt and make better strategies of our own. If it does prove simply way too good then I’m sure the Devs will nerf it like they’ll put a time restriction on Tenebris’ passive (like with Deathgazer). However, it doesn’t look too overpowered to me.”

Surely we want more strong FL strategies? Link monsters especially! Link is the thing which the Devs have been trying to build up for the last few months and it hasn’t really taken hold until now. If they didn’t have strong FL strategies which challenge the others then seriously what are they going to do?!? Setting up link in the mid-late game is much harder!

I met GaryOak in PvP today (you know the guy who loves Death Revenge) and absolutely thrashed him. My team has double sweepers, most monsters with hold ground and Shivadragon. There was absolutely no chance he could win, I would beat him over and over if we rematched. You know what… he took it like a champ. No moaning or anything just complete understanding that his team couldn’t work against mine but that it works well against the current meta. When new strong strategies (particularly front line ones) come out we should all take them how they are and accept some losses. If many people start using it then create a team which counters it. This particular combo requires a trio of limited legendaries so it will always be rare and therefore a brutal front line when we meet it unexpectedly. For the reason it’s so hard to get and still has numerous counters I can’t see why it needs any changes made to it!

However, that said I still suggested a nice little nerf which would break the combo but not ruin any of the monsters… a time restriction to Tenebris’ Foggy Entrance passive.