Ultimate challenge is too P2W right now

I get that having legendaries makes you more likely to succeed. That’s fine to an extent. The problem arises when there is precisely 1 strategy that can get you to the top 10 and nothing else will do. In addition said strategy is mind numbingly boring to do, taking around 30 minutes per battle at higher floors.

I just feel like at the top ten there should be a variety of strategies that are viable, not just 1. The nature of buffing a team makes it extremely difficult to allow this.
So instead of buffing, just use more monsters. Have better teams the further you go up. Honestly anything you can think of.
The challenge should be fun, not a 2 day slog for a couple of potions or a new monster. At the moment it’s less about skill and more about monsters and how much time you have.

Anyway rant over, I know you guys have been doing some great work recently so honestly if you see this please don’t assume it’s just some random guy raging. I want the game to improve as much as you guys do. I think this is one way to do it

EDIT: suggestion within here, set a limit on necromancy similar to give turn (max of 5)

I agree. I much prefer this to the dungeon challenge but it’s annoying knowing I would never get top 10 just because I don’t have nebel and that’s the only strategy that works

You dont need nebel actually, you just need to land death roullete (if that didnt kill you lol).
If you fail to wipe them, you lose.
Just that the only way to progress the event right now xD.
I dont think this even can be called an “event” where every single player happy.

And I just got some bullshit glitch where the game lagged and put my stormloch from next monster in line to 430tu which just cost me the game as I had everything asleep and enemy had like 3 monsters left but that messed it all up. Nice one…

Stormloch timeout XD

Just happened again with serapheon. Least this time hasn’t cost me the match like it did with stormloch

Only nebel cannot make you top 10. It should have both nebel and atra.

Yeah when I put my comment it’s because I already have atrahasis

I get that having legendaries makes you more likely to succeed. That’s fine to an extent. The problem arises when there is precisely 1 strategy that can get you to the top 10 and nothing else will do. In addition said strategy is mind numbingly boring to do, taking around 30 minutes per battle at higher floors.
I just feel like at the top ten there should be a variety of strategies that are viable, not just 1. The nature of buffing a team makes it extremely difficult to allow this.
So instead of buffing, just use more monsters. Have better teams the further you go up. Honestly anything you can think of.
The challenge should be fun, not a 2 day slog for a couple of potions or a new monster. At the moment it’s less about skill and more about monsters and how much time you have.
Anyway rant over, I know you guys have been doing some great work recently so honestly if you see this please don’t assume it’s just some random guy raging. I want the game to improve as much as you guys do. I think this is one way to do it

Exactly my thoughts as well. But I understand that buffing existing teams is easier to program than creating bigger teams, because they just take teams made by players. But they could start with weakest teams (low ranking in the event) and go up all to a certain level to spawn strongest teams there. From that point, they could enlarge a strong team with another weak one. The higher you get the stronger the second team becomes, untill they add a 3rd weak team to the two strong ones. And so on… I think it would give us real nice fights.

I also think at every level there should be only a few teams you can encounter. So you never really get stuck on one team you just can’t pass (exept gatekeepers), but also it doesn’t come down to having pure luck in the team you get to fight.

Or just play multiple players teams instead of one. The more teams you beat at one time increases the points you recieve and could work on a multiplier. Beat 1 team gain 100 points 2 teams 500 3 teams 2500 and so on.

Changing to more monsters will eventually lead to a threshold cap where the exact same strategies will be used as the people use now…

What is stopping someone from creating 2000 Nebel’s and killing off whatever you might throw at them? You’d have to make a Death Absorb passive ability at a certain level threshold where Death Revenge will no longer kill anything.

Also sleep teams will thrive in these long fights… if you do not power-up monsters my sleepers can 1 hit dreamhunt/bloodthirst everything if I play well and don’t derp like an idiot with 3 sleepers + a stun absorber I can last forever.

There’s just some teams that are made for these type of events and there always will be no matter how hard you try to change the event - when there is a leveling stage there will be limits to what each team can do and there will be several superior strategies to go higher and one superior strategy to top them all. Nothing you can change about this type of event will change that.

what if you face 3 players and they all use Death revenge monsters? your team will be gone in no time lol

still be more fun and than facing a team where moji one hits you.

Also they could just have the challenge with lower buffs on enemies teams and then have auto-poison setup so every monster entering the field is poisoned. The enemies monsters would not be poisoned automatically though. This would limit the gimmicky stuff and require strategy.

by doing so you’ll be favoring hastened triple legendary poison monsters accompanied by a give turner or something similiar. There’s no way you can make this type of event fair for everyone.

Yeah I thought about that just your monsters would be automatically poisoned. It is not about being fair to everyone, just eliminating an overpowered strategy so you have to use some skill and strategy to win. I mean really someone who is rank 5 could win the ultimate challenege because they got lucky on the wheel.

I agree and I also find that the gap between legendaries are too big. I have 4 of them, 3 of which are totally useless for the challenge (Omegasdragon, Tiamad and Cryokaizer) and then Shadowhunter which is the reason I managed to get to floor 111.
After floor 60 Omegasdragon and Tiamad’s poison eating won’t cause any damage, as well as Cryokaizer’s assisted attacks.
That’s completely unfair. As Buckingham said there are only a couple of strategies that will take you higher than floor 100.
Unfortunately there is no amount of skill that will make you get through even if you have a bunch of legendaries, let alone if you don’t have any.

Based on the one’s I have I would say only Shadowhunter is useful against super buffed enemies. Poison eaters are great against normal enemies, but they will cause less than 25% damage on a buffed team.
Even with shadowhunter I have to build the while team around him and there is a large amount of luck involved.
Depending on the first 4 monsters, I’ll have to quit right away and waste 8 tickets.
That’s not fun.

I see all legendaries as being just as hard to get, so I think they should have equivalent bang for your buck.

Maybe it’s about time the devs look into the system to find a way of giving a fighting chance to the players who can’t spend £1000 to get the few monsters that will carry you through the challenge.

Just make it so your team can’t have more than like 20 monsters so people can’t create 100 nebels

Sent this request to top 100 players…

Could you please switch your main team into NOOB 0-1 star monsters before you log out the game so people who match with you will pass the challenge easily…And we’ll go up to floor 200 together :wink:

Sincere…

PS. I’m just kidding, but if it’s possible…please do it hehhehhehhehheh

These are set teams. If you noticed it’s like a rotation of the same 5 teams.

and set a limit on sleep that u can’t use it for more than 5times per battle as they did on give turn

Set sleep on 5x use same with necromancy and limit team to only 20 spaces
They nerfed give turn so the rest can be nerfed
Anyone that complains suck as a player lol :joy: