Just a tower suggestion

First things first, the tower is definitely not P2W anymore, the level skipping has taken that out the equation.
But.
At the very top levels of the tower you hit a wall. A wall that can only be bypassed by a very specific set of monsters. I feel like this in itself is a sort of very teeny tiny paywall blocking people off from the top spot.

I’m not suggesting nerfing the combos used in the tower, but I think the nature of having extremely buffed teams makes it difficult to avoid only a few teams working.

So my suggestion is to instead use MORE MONSTERS. There is no limit to how many you can go against in a team, so I feel like we should utilise this. At high levels you have the same team compositions but repeated, twice, three times, even four.
I honestly think it might make the high floors a little more skill based rather than if you have these monsters you can do it, otherwise nope.

The one issue with this is that the devs would have to specifically come up with extensive amounts of high level teams. They rely on the playerbase to come up with teams. Because of this they are limited to 16 monsters max. Hence the stat buffing.

All you have to do is take the same team and repeat the lineup however many times necessary. You don’t need a custom team at all. 

I actually feel a sense of pride knowing I can win a fight where a last bite takes 8 hits to kill a monster

It’s ridiculously hard to get past the lvl 70 if you don’t have those monsters, so unfair

I don’t have Polareon either, I know what you mean :c

This is actually a pretty good idea. It gives those who don’t have the specific monsters a chance at the high levels. I stopped trying at lvl 95 last event, it must be crazy at 200+

I reached 121 using last bite.