Timing your eggs is not allowed...wait...what?

I proposed some ideas for Golden eggs to the devs and they said they are already thinking along those lines.  I don’t think they expected people to be able to time them.  They increased the count from what it was in DIB because in DIB it was so easy to do.  I also can’t speak for the devs but I think they wanted it to be more random than skill, if any skill was to be involved at all.  I don’t have what it takes to time it, so guess what?  I don’t buy eggs any more.  I have enough breezelings and gustbats thank you. 

If they want a skill game, I would prefer a much different sort of skill.  If they want a random prize, then there should be a minimum grade of what you get.  That’s my opinion.  But what I proposed was to reward something of value every time.  One idea was a custom version of a common Ark.  A green Breezeling, or a Purple Plasmo.  OR  something else, like a level boost, or a small gold prize like 350 as mentioned.  I don’t like games where you spend money with a great chance of getting nothing.  I would rather spend $5 for a guaranteed exclusive ark, than $5 on random spins.  I get irked every time I open a chest in Knights and Dragons who have a similar system. 

@Jemnidad

The idea of getting something of value every time is just what I want as well. I would be so happy getting arks with a different rare color swap.

Well, I don’t know about you but if timing didn’t exist and I run out of gold and there’s egg only arks then I’ll be very unhappy to keep playing because there’s no way I’m spending $x amount of  real money to not even guarantee myself something exclusive. There’s just no way that’s going to happen, people will leave because they’re unsatisfied and there’s better alternatives out there even if not out yet, are in development. 

So, if you read that and agree, then the best solution I see is that timing goes but you get something you don’t already have or starter/hatchling with gold egg that’s also A or S grade. This solution also removes all gold in eggs, that way you start game with 300 or so gold and finish with x gold. So everybody gets to spin let’s say 10 times and win something good each time. People that want advantage early in single player could spin early but there’d be chance they get something weak they don’t have like A Gustbat. People that want the best chance will wait until they captured everything possible that’s not super rare but that takes alot of patience not to use gold. That would make buying gold give more advantage to people that pay, yes but to be honest, it’s only in PvP that’s going to be effected and personally I don’t care much about that aspect. 

People will leave because they can’t spend money to get what they want?

How about play the game without spending money?..

I Find it hard that if u cant time eggs then the chance of getting something u actually need is 0,0001 because there are always 2 egg only prizes and the rest is worthless

I really think most of these issues will be solved once there aren’t any more egg exclusives…

Because then eggs won’t be so much of an advantage.

Until then it’s understandable to see how important what you get from gold eggs can be…

Just hope we’ll be seeing the Egg only arcs released to everyone soon…

They’re coming out in missions.

Ok so we release the egg only arks out in oms… Then whats the point of even buying an egg after that…

I think they’re drawing more monsters. You see that giraffe and vulture on FB? That didn’t even exist when beta testing was going on, so I’m assuming they are new.

I imagine that they knew about timing. Didn’t everyone do that in DIB?

But they made it much more difficult in HI, so they probably didn’t think that so many people would be able to do it. They didn’t…well, they couldn’t have predicted that it would go down this way. It’s unfortunate, and I do believe that it should be made much harder. MUCH harder. Also, remove ridiculous amounts of gold from the wheel. This way, farming and timing are almost on par with each other. Those with skill should time. Those with luck should farm. Those with time can do either.

Believe it or not, timing isn’t a cheap and easy way to do stuff. It’s actually difficult…well, figuring the wheel out was difficult. Looking at guides is pathetically easy.

Which is partially why this has become a huge problem.

…but again, nobody’s at fault. Those who time do so because they are human. People who complain do so because they are human. Those who posted guides did so because they’re people. And the Developers didn’t foresee it because they are people as well. So yeah…

They knew about timing, obviously.  And tried to make it so difficult that people wouldn’t be able to.  But, alas, people are better skilled than the devs expected.  THat’s my thinking anyway.  Still haven’t heard from the devs themselves.

It’s not an accident that it exists, you could do it in their previous game Dragon Island Blue, they massively overcharge for gold. If they made the prices lower, so it was 3-5 eggs purchase they would get more money from it. At the current time without timing, buying the eggs is worthless and it becomes increasingly difficult to save up gold once the game’s complete, it’s just a grind until each weekly mission.

Gold eggs also more then often result in rubbish rewards, but the idea of the timing for each gold egg changing each time so you can’t just master a single time would be a lot better, especially if they gave better rewards.