This game is kind of garbage?

I’m trying to write this from a purely critical standpoint, but honestly, I am absolutely livid. So if that comes off, I apologise.

Firstly and most importantly, this game does NOT scale well. What I mean by that is, as you get farther in the game, the difficulty curve does NOT match the player improvement curve. I am level 115 and have “mastered” the art of team building, and yet, I am unable to complete the online story, finish any of the first one events, finish any limited online events, the list goes on. But the problem isn’t my team building, I can make a team to effectively counter any other team after a few tries. The problem is always a mix of the following:

Impossibly large enemy stat buffs
Larger enemy team size
Multiple copies of the same monster in a team
Impossibly high enemy team costs
Cloners

Besides the last one, all of these problems are bias against the player, as in the player cannot through any method receive these buffs, and when a game does this, these battles stop becoming fun and challenging, and turn into aggravating and impossible feeling. I have literally banged my head against some of these levels hundreds of times over the course of months, and have still never come close to beating them. If your game presents a challenge but not a way to overcome it, it need tuning.

Secondly and actually finally, the randomization system for a couple key components of the game needs tuning. I had been saving gems for a long time waiting for a special egg to pop up with baublebash or jingledragon in it, and as most of you know, recently an egg with both popped up. I bought FOUR. FOUR 10 packs. And not only didn’t get either of these legendaries, but in fact didn’t get a single legendary at all. Out of these 40 eggs that cost me a total of 160 gems, I received one mythic. The rest were super epics or epics. THIS. SHOULD. NEVER. HAPPEN. if your randomization system is completely random and unbiased, then it needs to become biased in our favor. If it is biased against us, it needs to become completely random and unbiased. Or, simply do what you did before and guarantee certain amounts of certain rarities. One legendary for 10 pack, or one featured legendary for 10 pack, or SOMETHING. But currently, the odds are against us too heavily. The only other system this complaint applies to is the chance of getting different elements of pixies, bottles, etc.

And actually, after looking everything else in the game over rather heavily, everything else sits in the range of acceptable to very well done, with most elements being in the latter. The story is INCREDIBLE. I loved every second of it, even though there was 0 animation or voice acting to the characters. I wouldn’t change a thing about it. The actual battle mechanics have rigid rules and is almost 100% up to team building skills, and you can actually predict a few moves ahead because it’s so incredibly tightly constructed and balanced. The training system with the cards is good, I like everything besides the fruit economy, IE getting a monster to 99%, using a fruit, and only getting one turn out of it before the monster is fully trained. The upgrade material collection system is good, with the exception being the lack of any reliable method to receive ocarinos, the ticket system works, the “exploration” on the islands and in dungeons is very strange but doesn’t take away from gameplay, and I could keep going on for ages. The only things about this game that NEED fixing are the things mentioned above, and below are some things that I feel SHOULD be fixed:

It’s statistically impossible to awaken a mythic.
You should be able to click the enemy team icon and see what’s in it, just like you can do with your own.
Training point max should be increased to an even 120.
Maximum team cost should be exactly enough to have a full team of legendaries without special moves (208).
Potion upgrade should cost 10, not 50.
Maximum tickets of 105.

And that’s all I can think of for now.

2 Likes

No offense please: But if you can’t bear the story, you haven’t mastered teambuilding. There are quite a few reliable ways to beat every AI controlled team in the game. Otherwise it wouldn’t be possible to beat Ultimate Challenge levels like 1500.

If you show us your monsters and give us some info about the enemy team, we can surely build you a team to beat it.

Second: Unless you basically have a really large pool of legendarys (and more importantly: Own a good pool of top tier legendaries) don’t roll for the special eggs with 4 % Chance. It’s a waste and not worth it. Wait for festival eggs with the higher chance. I know it’s frustrating but they show you the odds and 4 % Chance simply isn’t much. It’s actually close to being nothing.

3 Likes

I was gonna say this too. None of the story is hard, in fact I could probably beat most levels without using 6 or 7 stars. I’m hoping for a very hard hell mode but so far it has been a walk in the park.

As for the rolling system, 4 packs isn’t a lot. Some people roll 20 packs and don’t get what they desire.

2 Likes

You just spent 40 eggs to get a mythic? You’ve been very lucky as the official rate is 1%.
I hatched just a legendary out of 68 eggs from Auraleus banner now.

1 Like

The review is quite accurate and I agree with the egg part (sucks when you’re not lucky). Everyone has experienced it sometimes. In fact a few monsters will almost unlock the game for you: e.g. Doomengine, Geartyrant, Chronotitan, Shivadragon, Goldtail, Aurodragon&Atrahasis with Death Revenge or cloner team… Without them the game will be harder for you, but not impossible. However agree with the others that you haven’t “really” mastered team building if you can’t get past the missions. The reason why in some missions there is a stat buff or many of the same monsters is simply because otherwise the game would be too easy. AI isn’t smart enough to beat us with “normal” rules.

1 Like

You have mastered nothing if you cant complete story mode.

1 Like

Lol @ItsSherlock and @Unown beat me to it. I would’ve made more of a snide (yet hilarious) remark about you not mastering teambuilding, so consider yourself lucky @WickerWraith

You should thank them if anything

I would gladly post the team I’m having trouble with, but again, I can’t get far into the battle and can’t click the enemy team icon to see what is in it. It’s the final battle of chapter 8 holy ways, if you feel so inclined to give it a try for yourself.

Screenshot_20190623-124521 Screenshot_20190623-124512 Screenshot_20190623-124503

Every monster I have.

1 Like

If you use chronotitan and oniblade in fl you could possibly kill 8 monsters without sweat. Just let the bomb curse go off without waking anyone up

Add Captain Whiskers into @Unown suggestion and you can kill 12-16

Add the blue Flutter for stun protection, accelerate and a 400 sec bomb

No legendaries in 40 eggs from a 4% chance egg is actually 1/5 (20%) chance of occurring. So it’s quite frequently happening and wow you got a mythic which is only 1% chance so count yourself lucky! As others have said, there are eggs with better odds and as a new player you want to focus a bit more on quantity than quality.

This is actually a very strong aspect of the game, not being able to see the enemy team. Instead you must anticipate what might be coming and play carefully to try and stay in control of things. If we could see everything then we’d plan out the battle from the beginning and the rest of it would be less exciting. You can make arguments either way of course, but not seeing the enemy team enriches the combat I think.

@WickerWraith
As best I can tell, you’ve got the monsters which can get you through almost all the content. Putting them together in a team and playing each battle well might take more experience than you’ve got, it really does take us all a good while. If you’re the kind of person who can really get your head around the strategies in this game and learn to play then you’re still looking at ~6 months before you can master it all. I remember it took my brother a good 9 months before he knew all the legendaries and what they did (he joined the game a year after I started - was useful to see how long it took him to develop and learn).

With regards to this I would argue that your perspective on it is not quite right. You’ve been able to progress and do lots of the content, but certain bits are still out of your reach like the final battles in some of the online story events. However, you can probably imagine your monster collection (and therefore teams) will improve drastically over the next few months. What do you want then… all the content easy to beat or some challenging content that can be overcome with some thought? The final battles in events are geared towards players who can create strong teams to more appropriately challenge them.

Now add in this extra bit of knowledge… those “other stories” and “first ones” you can go do are actually old events brought out that have been re-released as permanent content for us all. Hence, the final battles in those are just like any other event and designed for people will large monster collections. You can get to those battles at any stage but you will definitely hit a wall in those events if you tackle them shortly after starting the game. The places you can progress to begin with are the online story, offline story and various farming missions to get your team better. The rest of the content has bits you can do and other bits you can build up to over the first few months in the game. That is EXACTLY what I want to see in a game like this. I hope you agree now too.

2 Likes

Yeah… not to mention pvp where teambuilding is borderline artwork.

You are faar from mastering teambuilding my friend.

“Impossibly large enemy stat buffs”

Yeah, it just means you came here to complain,rather than figure out what works. Given your monster pool you shouldn’t be having much trouble with buffs.

“Larger enemy team size”

Be more efficient in your teams. You gotta trade more than one for one.

“Multiple copies of the same monster in a team”

This is actually incredibly abusable in some matches to be used to win a game. I don’t care if you have 3 flareverns. I have purify. Therefore I will just butcher the rest of the enemy team while leaving the 3 useless things on the field.

“Impossibly high enemy team costs”.

Again, gotta trade better than one for one.

“Cloners” <- this one comes directly from a lack of planning ahead. Think about the next 4 or 5 moves that will happen.

“Statistically impossible to awaken a mythic”

Obtainable through money only basically. @Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD is there anyone in marketing I could give an earful about this?

1 Like

What gets me is that he complains about getting no legends out of four 10-packs, when he has five mythics.

3 Likes

Getting a mythic out of 40 eggs is pretty lucky if you consider that 1 in a 100 will drop usually. But some of his complaints are understandable and should be addressed

2 Likes

Which ones? Because most of them seem like whining as opposed to actual complaints.

Like the hatch rates?? I don’t know about you but 4 packs is nothing to laugh at and do not talk about whales, not all of us like them. Also mythics are not that great except a few. People talk about how great necropion but he is literally the worst thing that I have hatched. (3 packs of nothing but this useless guy)

I agree on following points he mentioned:
Low priority complaints:

-Increasing cap for training points to 120 (annoying to do 60 train for first round usually you need another 60 for legendaries and around 40-45 for SEs. It’s not a big deal but still annoying)

-Potion upgrade to 25 or 30 instead of 50. It’s hard to catch up to players who play already since start of NeoM and have nearly all legendaries on +9. 50 SE potion for 1 legendary pot is just too much in my opinion

Higher priority complaints:

-Not mentioned: limited legendaries should be offered as well in star shop

-Randomness of getting any rewards for saving up a lot gems and in worst case you get nothing in return. Imagine you are buying for 90 euro 150 gems and get nothing in return. This should not happen but this was already pointed out several times by many users already.

-awakening mythics. I am not ready to drop several k for a mobile game to get strongly buffed mythics. These should be slowly accessible throughout the time as reward in events and not only by purchasing a crazy amount of gems which is by the way not guaranteed

3 Likes

If the hatch rates are too low for you, then wait for a festival egg. The odds for a legend gets increased to 6.1, which may not sound like much, but its miles better than the standard rate.