Humble opinion of a new frustrated player

Hello everyone,

I’m a rookie, new player or whatever. I have been playing this game from November…and I’m frankly disappointed.

This game is fun, engaging and i really pass hours on it and for a free games that’s amazing! BUT after 3 months of play I feel discouraged and frustrated.
At first everything is ok and I didn’t pretend anything but now…i understand that without legendary monsters you can’t advance.

I have a team of fully evolved super epics and 2 legendary hatched from rare eggs(lavaronix and another one that is really bad, omegasdragon).

In PvP starting from people with half of the team legendaries it’s easyer to ‘run’, because even if i struggle and lucky win…it’s just luck.
I really don’t understand WHY PvP is so bad for newcomers. Matchmaking criteria should count the same class type of monster, what’s the point to make a match against someone with full or half team of evolved legendaries when you have almost only super epics?

So what’s the real problem? I need legendary OK let’s get gems.

Can we talk about how much gem are given from latest event island and horde?

and why this game give more chance to win to people with more legendaries? I mean in event and extra story events you can win more if you have a better team, this doesn’t help at all new players.

Yeah but you can hatch easily legendaries… THIS is a joke right?

Hatched 50 eggs during christmas and new year (with gems won from early story events) for an abyss soldier…really?

I’m unlucky MAYBE BUT why older players got 1 legendaries assured for every unpair hatch(during limited hatch events until 2017) and we, new player, get 0.000000% more percentage of getting a legendaries.

I really don’t get it…

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

In PvP, while it is true that the top players generally have teams consisting of S tier monsters, you can still compete and get wins with mere Super Epics. You can improve your success A LOT by maximising the potential of your current monsters by finding out in which spots in your team they work the best, and improving your own tactical eye by knowing which monster to eliminate first from the battlefield. In PvP this still works because you deal normal damage to the enemy.

I understand your frustration in the case of PvE. There it’s just plain unfair and almost impossible if you don’t have a few monsters that will ’unlock’ the game for you. I suggest you gather as many gems as you can with your current monsters and wait for a festival with 6.1% hatch rate, to maximise your chances. I’m sorry you didn’t find luck in the previous festival, but patience is key. In time you will find better monsters in eggs.

I agree with Exu. Honestly gotta take your time to have better odds at this game. PvP may be out of your league for a bit if you feel the way you do about it, but it also matches up people based on your Hero Rank. If you are 100 or over, you will be matched with many top players and have a bad time. I have a decent collection of legendaries myself, but currently the bane of my existence comes from Roaring Entrance mons. Stick to some of the easier events that dont rely on your own mons like Island Challenge, Biweekly, etc, and save your gems for 10 packs when there is a higher chance for legends (6.1 instead of 4) and you’ll get there in no time.

Hey, welcome to the community!

It takes time to develop in the game. I remember I was still evolving monsters for a very long time and when I finally reached 10+ legendaries I felt like I was getting among the serious players at the time. DO NOT compare how things are now to random things you read from the past, because it’s likely you don’t have the whole picture. The “guaranteed legendaries” of the past were for 6 packs, which at the time cost 300 gems. This was the best way to get legendaries that weren’t just the normal egg pool because featured legendaries were often just 3x boosted chance. A few times a year we got a 1st pack guaranteed but not many. These days eggs cost 4 gems rather than 5 gems, we get way more gems and especially rare gems, the rare egg has been drastically improved to give good SEs, mythics have been added without reducing the chance of legendaries and featured legendaries are 10x chance so we’re much more likely to get these more powerful monsters rather than the normal egg pool. So basically, your chance for good monsters now is much better.

PvP really comes down to how well you can utilise your monsters and build something that can’t be punished or whether it can punish an opponent. Most people pick up a few legendaries in their first few months so it’s very unlikely that you will meet someone 2 or less like yourself. With good team building and play with your SEs you should beat many legendary teams. This game is not about stats so much. If you can’t succeed in PvP for now then just try not to stress about it and take it more seriously as you get some better monsters for it.

In general, do what you can and enjoy how the game opens up more as you get more legendaries. It’s easy to get yourself caught up in wanting to have everything straight away but where would the fun be if after 3 months of playing getting new monsters didn’t actually let you do anything more significant? Also, the game wouldn’t make much money if new players could play for free and advance through all the content with ease. The difficulty pushes people to spend their way to a better collection of monsters to get further. For free players it means waiting until the collection slowly builds.

Personally I found the game incredibly satisfying as with each new legendary I got I could advance further in events. When I could finally complete events it felt amazing. You can pick up gems from lots of places and build your team over time, you just have to be patient and not get put off by streaks of bad luck.

P.S. There are two free legendaries to get. The first is Noxdragon which you can catch on the Cursed Island and the second is Chronozeros which you probably know about already, you get it with time from getting Moaliths and evolving Chronox + the starters. I’m sure in a month or two you’ll have 6, 8, or more legendaries and you won’t be feeling like you’re held back so much.

1 Like

Hey man. Welcome to the game and forum. I can see your frustration, but tbh I’m a massive fan of superepics. I think some are really good, even when compared to their legendary counterparts.

A good example is Searguard. I always wanted a chromera to use roaring Chrono killer. But Chrome has bloodthirst which takes 2 kills to charge, Searguard has Bloodcrave that takes 1. Its quicker to use potions to +9 And it can be charged in just 59 TU.

In time you will get legendaries. But take comfort in that fact that as a free player my current team has 6 super epics in the first 8 slots and it’s held it’s own against teams of mythics plenty of times. Keep going and once you get a few legendaries you’ll see that the super epics will compliment them well.

If you want to share your team at any point to have some advice on it for PvP, let me know and I’m more than happy to help. :blush:

Those 6 SE slots wouldn’t happen to be Thlugs would they…? Lol

2 Likes

Nope. Not one :blush:

Gary is gonna say something about galvbane

2 Likes

Random, but I can relate to your story @taigart , Lava and omega were 2 of my first legendaries when I started playing.

Tbh, I was able to beat most of the story and events (SCB, Power up, dungeon, SOTF, and high enough in UC to get the reward monster) by using those two and give turn epics. You should try that and you can build up enough gems to get more monsters

1 Like

How could I forget :man_facepalming:

Go get yourself a galvbane @taigart

Its FREE, 90 something speed & can go anywhere in your team, kills APs that aren’t sloth, has a useful 50 sec stun pulse, and a very easy to charge bloodcrave

@Killerdog please pin this post and title it “GaryOak’s Definitive Guide To Why New Players Should Go And Get Themselves A Galvbane”

2 Likes

I don’t think Omegasdragon is bad, he has quite potential, I’m running Flarevern in my team that has, except from the SS, the same moveset and he does his job good as a tanky support mon that can kill non and slightly buffed monsters. Also the stun immunity is a very good passive, the only way to avoid it getting a turn is sleeping it( or just killing it, but in my case there are mostly other monsters that are a bigger threat.)

@Exu true! But a good team of super epics will never win against a good team of legendaries.

@Killerdog I will defintly prefer ‘at some point guaranteed’ with 50 gem a pack, that 40 and never find something after hatching 50 eggs…
Noxdragon has good stats but only this…for Chronozeros it takes tiiiiime :slight_smile:

@NMEGaryOak I already have a Galvabane it was my first ^^.

@Keoz Omegasdragon in camparison to other legendaries is really bad, SO slow, no defense to survive, has moveset of epic monster and even if you can poison eater one monster you will never see him again…too slow to attack again…his quality is autopoison all but is quickly counter with purify…and unfortunatly there is always someone with purify…

Anyway thanks all for the encouraging answers I will keep up ans see what happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even with all these legends I still get frustrated so uh r not alone buddy.( also haven’t played this game from when they removed legendary guarantee egg )

Dont be frustrated
its all part of the game