Things that I wish Devs were a little more careful about

no I don’t have poseidon

Yet you criticize defence boosts which helps fighting it?

1 Like

it is rare not to see cani around here it will be because of the few people who use it

Lol u r getting it wrong . its the monsters that can kill every turn or do something useful have these passives .

For example , what can jingledragon do after it uses second wind ? But I can think of a meta waifu who can do a lot lot more .

But anyways , I can’t understand ur point of view or even relate to KD’s arguments . But I certainly do understand why others are upset xD

Capitalism is the best @NoelLemon2

lol, are you really gonna play that “I’m just gonna act like I’m dumb” card And claim there’s no difference between “points you in a direction of how to build a team” and “completely exaggerating the reward for playing two or more dolphins in a row”?

I just think it’s not healthy for a game if monster archetypes who greatly benefit from being played get released too much. This year we had:

Dolphs
Fairies
Spikie
Abyss
Worms

If it continues like this, this will greatly affect the variety of teams we’re going to see in the future. And it will drastically decrease the importance strategy and team building.

5 Likes

I guess you missed how each of the dolphins have situational moves…

Dolphreeze - fewer chrono targets around these days so gets a bit stuck sometimes
Dolphoenix - you say everything is stun immune? Well what does this do when that’s the case?
Dolphoone - countershock finds targets but not always. Retribution is great except when someone is winning they get one use then Dolphoone gets stalled
Jungleflipper - can sweep with rocks but usually people feel pushed to raw catapult, which is 160TU

Garden fairies are a similar story. Basically, if you spam them you can get stalled when you don’t meet the right targets.

4 Likes

I think you’re overestimating how difficult it is to make a good team with dolphins. They can be spammed and it doesn’t require too much effort to add one or two more sweepers to the team that help it balance out. Phreeze helps with control and slowing down the fight, phoone can accelerate and speed up your team if needed. Phoenix is probably the worst when countered but overall they’re incredibly easy to use with little downsides if any. I don’t even find them to be useless with no targets for the double attack moves

6 Likes

Spikies and Abyssoldiers were last year. Dolphins were finished off after popular request (along with an AS king and flutterdrake queen - both requested and fan-made on the forum) and a SE cycle each year is nothing new. The fairies were the only real outlier.

I agree this year had more in the way of this design but I don’t think it’s foreshadowing a direction we’re going to see more and more of with time.

As for the opinions on its affect on strategy and team building, I’m not going to argue back until I see proper logical reasoning for why it actually diminishes the number of teams used in PvP. I think you’re overestimating the power level of these groups of monsters and glorifying the reality of S+ spam with team copying that we eternally see in PvP.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, they can be spammed and they’re strong. I just don’t think their power level when spammed is particularly special. When they’re built around well their power level rises to the amount we normally see in PvP teams, so not something I see as problematic for the meta or team building in the long term. They simply become “another option”, so actually increasing diversity along with the other S-tier style options.

There’s no point in discussing if you publicly claim the opposite of what you say in DMs so I will just let you play the Devs attorney and get out of here :v:t3:

Haven’t even seen that. That’s a bold claim for someone whose strongest point in the discussion so far has been “No, you’re wrong and I am right”

1 Like

Don’t know what you’re referring to. I just checked our messages and the last ones I wrote clearly say stuff like “Tbh I think dolphins are fine. However, time will tell” in response to you feeling they’re too strong.

Now you’re just getting petty and personal. Let’s both go cool off.

I agree with you @ItsSherlock

I think the main reason you think they’re fine is because mythics exist. I get that it’s good to have a way for the regular people to combat the power level many myths have, but in terms of legend vs legend, I’d say they offer a good- excellent moveset + mythic level stats + stun immune + ANOTHER PASSIVE. I’m not saying they’re broken but legend vs legend (which will be the case with most teams) they offer a ■■■■ ton for not a lot of effort. In terms of variety, I get your point. However I’d argue many people don’t use them not because they’re ‘not too great’ or ‘need built around’ but more because they dislike the mundane spam that we see all the time. If every player used the best they had all the time with no remorse, I feel that we’d see a lot of dolphins around. In the era of one shot everything or lose, having 4 cheaper, available myths at the ready is powerful

5 Likes

A great point and yes I agree that in legend vs legend it does shift the balance into saying they’re perhaps a bit too strong (on paper, the stats buff + stun immune, etc. like you say). However, I think the reality is mythics are going to be more common and the people who have enough dolphins to use them together in a team where they work well are probably the same people playing up in the ranks of PvP where mythics are fairly common.

I honestly think the Devs did a great job balancing their power level though. I was worried that Dolphoone would push them too far but I don’t think it has. The garden fairies similarly… Sunflower made them look like they’d be crazy but them being 50:50 strong limits their potential. Both dolphins and garden fairies are above the standard power level you’ll see from some teams but enough teams are stronger, even those being creative rather than meta.

I hope the Devs take a break from making groups of legendaries. It’s nice getting SE groups that can stand up in PvP but we don’t need that in legendaries so much.

Idk KD , these bond passives coupled with loaded skillset is a bit too much . Yea, they help fight mythics but truth be told , these archtypes aren’t fun to face .

1 Like

This is the bit I’m not on the same page with so much. They’re fine, but don’t naturally synergise with each other too much and there are plenty of monsters with stronger movesets.

I agree that they definitely work and are good enough, just nothing oppressive in my opinion.

By loaded , I meant stronger movesets ! Wrong choice of word from me

1 Like

I’m confused now… I’m pretty sure that’s how I read it. You’re talking about the collection of moves each of them has (ignoring the passives, stats boost, etc)?

That is an understatement in the current meta

1 Like