Things that I wish Devs were a little more careful about

Hi all ,
After last 2 seasons of PvP , things that I find beachworthy in current meta :

1. Dolphin Bond : Why defense boost ? Defense boost as a passive is kinda overpowered IMO .
    Dolphoenix is the only balanced monster among the set .

2. Defense boost passive on abyss king or whatever he is called .

3. Garden fairies : Why dual moves ? Even if they get dual moves , why their skill set is packed? , I mean they have something to kill every turn or do something impacting . GFs have dumbed down the game . Also, Why defense boost ?

4. Slayerbane all on a fast monster I.e., magmarinus ? Like as if its difficult to set up link fire .

5. Fast forward entrance . Delete it from game already.

6 Likes

This and past season I’ve seen literally 0 G.F.s teams expect of mine.

And you called out all starts that require at least 2 or even 3 same type/element on the battlefield. You can say the same â– â– â– â–  about Scorpio, Orca, Pola, Bloom but wait, those are monsters that can be alone and perform just great :clown_face:

1. Defence boost is not an issue since there are more and more very high damage moves as well as piercing. It actually allows them to face off against mythics far more effectively. Dolphoenix is the one that is often the dolphin that pushes them over the top I think, since the stun grenade is such a controlling move and with the high speed it comes in to make that impact quickly.

2. Totally fine and requires specific building around which can be done in a number of ways (which is what we want).

3. There is no defence boost?? They’re actually fine, with three standing out as strong and three as mediocre. They’ve been popular this year because they were released in every festival (every 6 weeks we had a new festival with a new GF) and Sunflower was a powerhouse that became very popular before it’s now been nerfed to become balanced.

4. Magma link fire is definitely popular and it can be annoying to stop but we’ve got more camouflage now as well as other things that handle “one-shot all” moves. Personally I like there being some powerful payoffs for using certain archetypes. Without them, archetypes often get underplayed.

5. Deathgazer is still a problem?? It’s felt perfectly fine to me for a while and I don’t think I’ve seen complaints about it practically all year.

100% agree. What ruins creativity in the game is not having archetypes to build around or preset groups of monsters to use together. It’s the generically powerful monsters that can be used anywhere and perform well. Those take over the meta, becoming overplayed monsters we hate seeing and they make it hard to play any archetype unless you can build the optimum version because the general power level people play at is too high.

Additionally, I don’t think preset groups of monsters could be called “dumbing down” because if someone literally slaps them in a team they’re lowering themselves to the same level as others who do that. What you need to do is build a team that utilises them effectively. So they still require a lot of thought and team building skill. If they’re too generically strong as a group then that’s a problem, but it can be fixed with a balance change (as we saw with thlugs and original dolphin bond).

3 Likes

I actually like defence boosts, for once there are monsters that don’t always die in one hit. Every move one shotting is way too much because it means often monsters get one turn max and then just die. Besides, defence boosts are often put on slow monsters so that they manage to get at least one turn.

And about FFE, as KD said it’s been nerfed and we actually got ways to counter it now, namely Bastia and Aethereon’s Banishing Void.

Not gonna bother with the rest, seems a bit like a pointless rant.

1 Like

@Dev_VKC it’s about time the flutterdrake get some bond passives :eyes:

They all only have one passive except the AP and you could make shield entrance a flutterdrake bond passive

7 Likes

Imagine the nightmare they’d be with Maeve instantly shielding them all :joy: and using flutter swap

1 Like

Defensive impulses are a very important factor in the game to deal with mythical monsters that has often passed over time it can be easily noticed that mythical monsters are being made more popular every day and we need monsters with certain impulses to share the mythical spam. I think it is not bad that there is a group of legendaries that together you can fight against them and looking to the future, everything indicates that we will need more tools like this. I am happy that they exist

Most monsters with the sneak ability can kill him even with the defense boost, just Chrono moves are not enough of a shot(I am not a Poseidon user fl)

1 Like

Remove that dumb revenge from Phoone

3 Likes

I do not have to write a super long text to say that these nerfs are not necessary everything located there has an explanation

Idk anyone who would do that

idk but for me i think that the teams have got a lot more annoying with time

like most stuff can be spammed, ik that it takes a really big collection to make new teams every season but yeah atleast try to make it not look very obvious

I’ll list down things that i find annoying and deep down many others will feel the same.

abyss fls
dr (even 4 monsters work but bruh people be running uc teams)
dolphins just slapped together
sure kill fls which are pretty nasty to deal without a very offensive fl (pretty sure gummy dragons are gonna be here pretty soon)

they might be easy to deal with by some but that doesn’t mean its fun to play against cause idk if many will say the same but I’d rather lose to a good team which was well thought than win against a spam team

why am i saying this?
i was trying to run specific teams for a discord contest and my win rate dropped quite low and the teams i was facing at a point were literally consisting of these things only mostly death revenge cause most are new players and i don’t think thats a good thing to give to the people who might plan on continuing the game

3 Likes

I think Fast Forward Entrance should not affect Gazer himself. Imho a monster which can be used in Poison setups should not have access to Speed Entrance + Poison Massacre.

Other than that, I’ve learned to accept the fact Gazer as a monster exists.
I still think it’s a bad monster though, together with Penguinator and Moku. Well, at least Penguinator and Moku need to get a turn to swing a match.

Also I don’t like with the Dolphs having all Stun Immunity in their passive. It makes them all too easy to run, since they also have boosted stats.
I would like if each iteration of Dolphin Bond came with an unique passive.

E.g. (off the top of my head):
Dolphoenix gets Time Freeze
Dolphreeze gets Unmovable (good ol’ times!)
Jungleflipper gets Poison Immunity
Dolphoone can keep Stun Immunity actually, since it’s a counter to Stun specifically

Unfortunately that would mean that Stun would likely run rampant once again…

5 Likes

Stop it… don’t make me like you…

Also give back zealous attack to thlugs instead of attack all moves. They got nerfed too hard with all these %99 speed units on top of new timer rule.

1 Like

The point you’re once again completely missing is that there’s no point to play a strategy game if you get the maximum reward for brain dead archetype spam? Is it really that hard to put 4 dolphs in a row that you should be rewarded with a atk boost, a def boost and stun immunity? Devs are flooding the game with those bond archetype monsters. How many did we get this year? Worms, dolphs, Poseidon, Gummy Dragons. It’s just too much.

6 Likes

Just rework them to make them viable outside of OoO, they shouldn’t depend on probably the worst strategy in the game to work

Some people just care about how they perform against those teams unlike @Professor_Oak who’s trying to say things for everyone :joy:

4 Likes

That is the real motive behind the sad dramatic stories

Maximum benefit? They’re good but not amazing. A well built team is better than dolphin spam. You need to improve them by building around them a bit more, which is where a person’s skill comes in. Besides, is it much different from S+ spam? S+ spam is both more reliable and more powerful… and done by lots of people.

I don’t know how to win when everyone wants to call everything “brain dead”. Are we going to say that when a monster says “link” or anything else that points you in a direction for team building it’s “brain dead” because it’s telling you rather than you having to work it out yourself?? :S

5 Likes

Weren’t you running single stun revenge? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks a lot for this. Idk why others are disagreeing , if they want to live the pain , they shall I guess .

There was a time when even gyomurai was forced to use accelerate as a filler move , these days every new monster have something to kill on their turn which is quiet not fun I’d say .

3 Likes