Finally Have the Last Dolphin - Discussion on Bonds

In general, there are varias buffs monsters provide each other via abilities, and the epitome of where this type of support comes from goes all the way back to Dolphins. Sea World. The first Dolphin Bond, before the time of Dolphoone and many others, the initial boones were so strong, some say no othr Bond/Group Ability has been anywhere near that strong. I have finally acquired my fully evolved form of Dolphoone, rounding out my Dolphin collection nicely. Having played the game since near 2016 with many accounts built and lost over the years, this is the first time I’ve had a complete set of Dolphins and honestly am curious as to how people view them today.

Vets come on down, newbies gather round, we here to tell ye tales of the ole Meta days.

Dolphin Bond beta shouldn’t exist

Dolphin Bond should just be Stun Immune+50% attack boost. The problem with Dolphins was mainly how hard it was to kill them due to defense boost. But without Attack Boost the Fire and Earth Dolphins struggle to kill stuff.

And now, ironically, other monsters have defensive passives that are even stronger!

4 Likes

Tbf there is no monster as good as dolphreeze and thunder one with boost yet. No legendary, that gets a boost and has double and single target sweeping, is as good as both yet so it’s understandable. I hope they rework the other two tho. Fire and Earth dolphins just don’t do enough while holy and light has uses.

1 Like

I agree with what has been said here. For me personally, I think it will just be Dolphoone, Dolphreeze, Dolpheonix, and Dolphariel that I use my my teams. Jungleflipper is really underwhelming as is Spectrofin, and Dolpheonix is underwhelming HOWEVER since thet fixed the nerf to his Stun Grenade TU back to 50tu it is definitrly more slept on than it was abd will fill a strongrr role bc of it.

1 Like

Jungleflipper was built to have the attack buff with other dolphins, it was ruined when it lost that.
Spectrophin isn’t for use with the other dolphins, it’s a phantom union monster which synergises with entrances.
Dolpheonix with 50TU stun grenade I felt was always the biggest menace of the group back in the original dolphin bond days (+50% both stats) because if you didn’t kill it then the control it would do would make you lose. It’s not going to be quite that again, but it’ll definitely be a key piece for anyone running them as a group.

2 Likes

Does anyone actually run them all nowadays? I have only seen a couple.

I will be running a trio of Phoone, Phreeze and Phoenix after a rude Thlug style compendium culminating in a Lemon Entrance into Dolphin style endgame. Should be fun.

1 Like

Shikabloom?

dolphariel