The Hot Topic Of Timing

Folks assuming timers don’t spend money are wrong… That’s my biggest peeve…

@WiteDeep specifically no worries the egg system will be changing. Give it time.

Not necessarily, i spent an arm and leg learning how to time… (My job pays well enough)… To do it efficiently you need to practice and to practice you need to buy gold…

I give you my word no mod will delete your post that does seem like a reasonable point however il explain to you why it is like that.

For one almost everything besides the new OM arks are in the eggs. You can find everything besides the om arks in the wild and capture them without spending any money.

The spin is in the game for a way the developers can make money. It is also meant to be a chance sort of thing if you choose to purchase gold to make spins you do that at your own choice. Also throughout the whole game you gain a lot of gold coins just from storymode so you can already see your chances on how hard it is to get what you want in the spin.

Which would then later on make it completely up to you if you are choosing to spend more money on gold coins and taking the risk of most likely not getting what you want. After all you would have already seen the chances so you have made that choice on your own at this

point

The spin is not in the game as the Main means of getting an Ark, that is not at all what its there for. It is just a side thing for the creators of the game to make money.

The way players are supposed to get arks are by playing the game properly and catching the arks out in the wild. 

All the arks in the eggs are in the wild too and you can capture them. (Besides the online mission ones) these are not in the wild YET but they will be added in the wild as future updates come.

I hope this helped cleared things up if you have more questions please reply here and i will do my best to answer you.

I know that developers want to be supported, but they try to do it in the worst way possible (this is my opinion, but lets see why i think so).
Recently the game hit 1 million downloads, so 1’000’000 copies of the game have been sold for 1$. I know that Apple taxes sold apps at approximately 50%, so the total earning is around 500’000 dollars, divided in game development funding and actual earning.

As i said, if you sold your game at, lets say 3 dollars, with no IAPs, you’d actually have a total income of 1’500’000, tax included, that’s still a pretty good earning for a pocket-game company, isn’t it? But of course IAPs will grant you a periodic income, and probably your actual balance is WAY MORE that the hypotized 1’500’000. Thats why you make IAPs.

I know, I know, the game provides gold coins with arenas and stuff, but thats a really low amount, and you get no more than 25 eggs in the whole game.
I used to support your development team, and i also offered to translate the whole Dragon Island game in my native language. But the IAPs system works really bad with online games, especially if you previously paid for them. Want to insert IAPs? make the game free, and everyone gets fine with it. But paying, and then repaying, thats really sick in my opinion.
And about the fact that eggs are only a “secondary” thing: thats not true; on this same forum theres a pretty big list, with all the Egg-Only Arkadions, that are actually some of the best in the whole game. 
And thanks for accepting my constructive criticism :slight_smile:

I just think the subject should be dropped and stop pm tiberius would u like if someone kept asking you how to time eggs ur basically spamming him

Also the subject should never be brought up again

if you had read it properly, it was BOTH DIB and HI that together reached 1 million.gc says around 60k players have played HI.

you are also wrong on how much apple takes. just saying.

anyway, even if they took 3 dollars each, that 3 dollars ONCE. every month they must pay for workers and servers. thats a lot of money. monthly.

I time eggs, and even I hate it when people call them selves master, no one is above anyone else here… It’s a freaking app, Just because we time doesn’t make us kings of HI. There is nothing to be said about timing, it’s going away, for people who can time, stock up on gold, that’s my only tip.

okay. some general responses…

Those that think this is pointless: Read the post carefully instead of skimming it, and pay attention to other posts on the forum…still think it’s pointless?

Those complaining about the whole master thingy: Master is defined as “a skilled practitioner of a particular art or activity.” …that is all I have to say about that, really. You’re the ones who are making a big deal about it, not me. Again, those who master the eggs are egg-masters. Those who fight fire are called firefighters. those who teach are teachers…simple…as…that. Sheesh. Don’t assume that I’m some arrogant brat who constantly goes out of his way for silly titles. Don’t get too worked up over one tiny word. That was NOT supposed to be the main point of the thread. I apologize if I rubbed y’all the wrong way, but still…please don’t assume that I think of myself as above everyone else…because when you assume, you make a __insert overused quote that I can’t post here___

:smiley:

Anyways, moving on…

…The spin being timed was inevitable. That was the point of the later part of my first post…I’ve already stated that. Nobody’s at fault. I’ve stated that. That’s why I am mad that people claim that I’m trying to attract hate and stir the pot. I’m trying to end the hate. Geez…

Tiberius I fully understand you. I also have been spammed on how to time eggs, and all I can say is no matter how much I help they will never be satisfied. So I think we all should just keep quiet about this timing thing and it will be randomized in the next update anyway. I’m not saying you are arrogant, I’m saying that we shouldn’t keep talking about timing, and I wasn’t picking on the word “master”. Just generally speaking, we shouldn’t attract so much attention to ourselves. And even though I know that you are absolutely nothing arrogant( you’ve helped me out quite a few times in pvp, thanks a lot) other people who read your posts might get a little upset that they can’t time. Some people do not even know that it’s possible to time. So let’s all just bring this whole thing down and wait for the update. Okay?

Was there like a team of people that got together a decided that people who can time eggs should be called masters? Or egg masters? Or master timers? The whole relating it to a simple title like a firefighter is a bit ridiculous, fire fighters are people who fight fire, it’s their job in real life and they save lives, this app on the other hand… Is just an app, on a phone, if you can time eggs in it, then good job, you can time eggs, you don’t deserve a title, fire fighters are important, egg timers just time eggs, woo… Let’s call ourselves masters right?

TLA - Aye, I see what you mean. n.n

Well, the update is soon anyways~

Kenpatrol - Please just consider what I’m saying. It’s not a matter of importance, it was just an example. Please stop making something out of nothing. I beg of you. I respect you, but it is frustrating. I do feel like I’m being picked on, as it seems as if you’re going against one small thing that I said. Again, mastering something is achieving great skill with it. A master is one who is skilled. Those are the definitions of the words. Therefore, the title makes perfect sense. I’m not trying to do whatever you claim that I’m doing. And even if I was, you should be yelling at the staff for creating forum titles such as “master” and “grand master hunter”…right? It’s basically the same thing, so if you yell at me, you yell at them…Ah, but you do not. That is why I do feel that this is somewhat personal, which I do not appreciate. Forgive me if I’m incorrect, but that is my belief. In conclusion, if you are just going to repeat the same thing, attacking one small part of the post…then please do not post in this thread. Thank you.

There was nothing personal against you, the only thing that got me worked up on the title again was (not going to name names) boasting about the title to another forum member (and that’s just what I was afraid would happen) and I’ll leave it at that, again I state that’s it not personal. For anyone that reads this, If you call yourself a master timer… Whatever, please don’t boast about it though.

Again, it’s not a big deal. I’m a Legendary Hunter…ooh. Big whoop.

Doesn’t matter, it’s just a title. I can call myself Tiberius. I can call myself Lord Awesomesauce. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

We’ll that is five minutes of my life I’ll never get back.
I reiterate what some of the others have said, in that you (Tiberius) are just aggravating people that are already annoyed. Whether they have a right to be annoyed is beside the point - don’t poke an angry bear.
I used to like your posts as I could tell you were genuinely enthused by the game, however now you are coming across as an arrogant self obsessed player who doesn’t want to share with others in case you might get beaten by someone on an equal playing field.
Merry Christmas one and all

Sure Tiberius, sure, call yourself whatever you’d like.

Well then…it’s impossible to judge tone, but I’d say that it’s safe to assume that I’m not in your good books, no? Ahahahaha. Well, at least Kenpatrol’s. Well, that’s fine. People have that right.

Anyways…I will reiterate what I have said. It’s not meant to aggravate players. If people actually read the content and understand it, they’d understand that it clearly states why people shouldn’t be angry. It’s not my fault that many individuals seem to be incredibly irrational individuals. Unless you’d like to blame me for that too. n.n

And sure, I am self obsessed and I certainly don’t want to help other people get better… Which is why I’m so big on making guides, giving advice, answering questions, etc. Okay. All of your statements are absolutely true. So if what I’m doing right now is arrogant and self-obsessed…I should do the opposite, right? So…delete my PvP Help thread, stop answering questions, change my mind about making contests to help distribute wealth amongst the community, etc? Okay. Just kidding. I’m not going to stop what I’m doing simply out of anger. That’s foolish.

Make no mistake. I do what I do to make this a better place…well, at least I try…that’s why I get so angry when people claim the opposite. It’s insulting.

I only wanted to stop the buzz that was ALREADY going on. But evidently, the majority of the people give negative comments. I get the hint, I’ll stop posting. Whatever. I am very…annoyed. And quite angry. However, I respect your opinions…sort of. I won’t go and waste energy to start picking a fight…but that doesn’t mean that I’m happy about it.

I’d also appreciate it if people actually knew what they were talking about and stop judging. Quicksilver…you’d know that what you said is not true if you read all of my other posts…I’m not picking on you, but it’s just the most recent example. Ken…very well. I don’t know why you are so angry about something so small. And I’ve given you sooo many reasons as to why everything you’re saying doesn’t make sense…but again…you’re entitled to your beliefs…

I’m going to stop this here, as the last thing I want is for a large argument to take place.

So I conclude with this…I disagree, but you are free to think what you like.

Oh my gosh lol, my last comment was an attempt to stop all this madness (notice how I dropped the whole title thing) I’ve been done with this for awhile, I’m sorry you thought I’ve been angry, thus making you angry? Whatever the case is, it’s over.

Aye. Lol. The extra “sures” made it sound sarcastic. n.n

Ahahaha. Mmkay, sounds good sir. I still do stand by what I said, though. But I’m chill with ending it.

I could use a break from the forums anyways. Awfully busy.

OOOO OHHHHH Let me lengthen out this conversation… I believe Egg Timers should be permabanned!!! 

(im an egg timer :p)

Ahaha.

Well, not much has been accomplished…actually, thanks to…nvm, that can be offensive…how about this…thanks to conflicting views, I was unable to effectively communicate my perspective, resulting in this being completely counterproductive. I am not concerned with the negative attention that has been brought upon myself. However, I am disappointed in the fact that people were not able to listen with an open mind. It is unfortunate, and was a significant waste of my time as well as yours. Therefore, I’m just going to screw everything and let the developers deal with it. I won’t take that attitude with everything, of course. Although it is incredibly tempting, that would go against my beliefs…and would also mean that these people would actually be correct. Ahaha. So yeah, nothing changed. Oh well.