The Curious Case of Padrinorca

I know people may be tired of this discussion already, but I feel it would be best to get it out of the way as soon as possible. As a couple of threads have stated, several players are concerned about the sheer amount of power that Orca possesses, and I can’t blame them. With a wide array of RAW moves, Bloodcrave, Instant True Hit, high speed and attack, and two of the best defensive passives in the game, it’s no wonder many feel that it’s oppressive and have called for a nerf. You may expect me to go on a tirade about how it doesn’t need a nerf, but you’re wrong. Truth be told, even I feel that it offers a bit too much, and have thought up several ways to tone it down a bit. Luckily for you, I have the ideal way to fix it without crippling the fellow.

1. Remove RAW from Chrono Killer/Toxic Killer/Slayerbane and add RAW to Bloodcrave.

My logic: From what I’ve read, the main problem with Orca is just how fast it can get that first kill. My solution would be to slow it down a bit so it can’t get that kill so easily. My solution is to remove RAW from it’s main offensive options so that it can’t pick them off quickly, and give the opponent a bit more time to deal with it. This option will increase the TU of its killer moves a fair bit, without lowering the TU for RAW Bloodcrave, due to the nerf RAW blood moves received a while ago. Honestly, I’m surprised this wasn’t implemented in the first place, as it would’ve decreased the amount of grievances players had with it. But a little switcheroo isn’t the only idea I have at hand, which leads us to…

1. Change Instant True Hit to Wall Breaker

My logic: I’ll be honest here, Instant True Hit was a mistake; it shouldn’t have been implemented in the game, especially on a monster with such offensive power. By switching the SS to Wall Breaker, it gives Orca an option to deal with protectors, while at the same time, slowing it down a bit so that the opponent has a bit more time to deal with it. Those two options alone would be a sufficient nerf, but if people still think it’s too much, then allow me to tell you my third idea.

1. Change Camouflage to Camouflage Entrance (Optional)

My Logic: While not 100% necessary, I can see this change happening if enough people ask for it. It provides a potential trade off; either you trade some protection for frontline sweeping, or you put it in your reinforcements, allowing the opponent to prepare for it. Perhaps they could even deal with it another way, via Knock Back Next or something, granting them considerable breathing room. Given how several people have asked for this nerf already, I see no issue with suggesting it myself.

Those are my ideas for an Orca nerf that balances it without crippling the thing altogether. I wanted to be careful with it as it was an anniversary monster, and a lot of people rolled for it. The last thing I want is for it to get nerfed to uselessness and leave a sizable portion of the community feeling ripped off. But in the grand scheme of things, an Orca nerf wouldn’t solve the big issue plaguing this game; a lack of proper testing. As of recently, it seems like the developers release these new monsters without properly checking them to see if they’re borderline OP. However, there’s a solution to all this right before our eyes; Mythic Colosseum.

This was an ingenious game mode, granting players the opportunity to test out a new mythic in order to hype them up for when it gets released. I suggest there should be a similar event but for legendary monsters. It’s a win-win situation; newbies get hyped up for a new monster, while veterans can see if it can lead to potentially broken combos. I feel that if Orca was introduced this way, the community would’ve been able to say “damn, this thing’s a bit too busted. Mind toning it down a bit before you release it?” I mean it worked with Chromera back in the day, so I don’t see why it couldn’t work now. (Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the devs buffed Chrome so that it had its original moveset?)

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post; I’m more than happy to discuss the issue further in the comments.

12 Likes

No I straight up made a poll on this and the overwhelming consensus was to wait a couple months before we look at this or keep it as is.

1 Like

You all should watch Blackfish on Netflix before coming to a conclusion here

1 Like

Maybe if you ask KD nicely in the future it’ll work. He got Scyberithe nerfed this way prerelease. This assumes we see the mon in IC or dungeon or Hordes beforehand.

My opinion stands thus and with the bias of owning the Orca:

1: change Instant True Hit to Wallbreaker - perfectly happy and fine with this. The RAW moves are built literally to go around Protectors, Instant True Hit is pretty ludicrous, especially in a monster with this array of Protector neglecting moves. Changing it to Wallbreaker is great, but I would go even further and change the SS to Instant Stun Killer. This gives Orca another kill move still, though with less targets in PvP, and it not being a RAW move means it wont ignore Protectors so its giving him a tool to compensate for not being able to literally just laugh at protectors for an entire match. Plus Stun Killer on something that is actually Stun Immune? Lol, makes sense.

2: definitely change Camoflauge to Camoflauge Entrance. I feel that change would impact the Orca hard enough to where it wont be a straight up nuisance.

Honestly, both these changes I would be completely fine with.

3 Likes

More crying, really? It turns out that everything that is a little good we want to get out of the way, instead of pulling our equipment so that what bothers us stops being a problem , And what really happens is that we abuse filling the teams with temporary monsters and toxicity and it is very rich when we crush the rival due to the benefits they provide, no one complains there,
Now we have a very strong accountant for this and they want to screw it up, this community comes here daily to ask for nerf, nerf, and practically nothing is done other than this, when it is not about NovaDrake is Bloomeluga lately they even complain about Ahuizar For God’s sake let us cry so much, I face Padrinorca on a daily basis in PVP and only vast with placing Floculasaurus so that it practically dies alone, it is a powerful monster but even sometimes With nothing to do on the field, it is also easy to block if we add an unwanted protector to the opponent, We have a thousand ways guys but I go back and repeat we want to abuse all the possibilities What our toxic and self-protective storms provide that when we are swept away by the godfather, we think of nothing more than to come nerf

Don’t take it the wrong way, just watch over Neomonster’s health

5 Likes

now,we have 2 thread about orca
give him camouflage entrance ,and I will place him at fl :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dude first of all didn’t you quit the game on the Anniversary… Because you couldn’t hatch orca…?
Second you don’t even play PvP that much to be able to tell something remotely accurate. In 1 and a half year playing i have never met you in PvP. Which means 2 things 1 you most play VERY VERY few games 2 you’re a lower bracket player in any case you are in no position to make any claim
Third as an Orca user i can tell you it doesn’t get more than 2 kills per match 90 % of the time for a simple reason… Floccu… It’s entrance does always 2.9 - 3 K damage and bloodcrave recoil damage is over 1 K always
Stop this nonsense i really thought upon release that orcas was a bit too strong but not now it certainly is a very strong monster but very far from being the behemoth deserving those excessive nerfs.

I’m tired of mediocre players or inexperienced or uninformed (your case) ones getting things nerfed stop the crying and run some counters

6 Likes

Agree with you mate,the recoil damage is big.and he is only tool to counter meta,try to use No poison,no protector,no chrono move.They make orca sitdown

1 Like

I never said I wanted a nerf, I was merely offering suggestions for those that want one. But I guess I should’ve made that more clear. I see that no one wants it nerfed, so the mods can lock this thread.

I agree with you. Instant true hit is too strong

How about making raw moves being directed or can’t be used if the move doesn’t meet the requirements to do critical damage.Thisll tone them down somewhat

I’m amazed by all this newbies and/or former AP spammers wanting RAW nerfed it’s hilarious :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: if you guys want to find out why did RAW got so strongly buffed just search for the old PvP Reports and check for the placings of a dude called Mr X and a bunch of others with the DLGZ clan tag :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Take note future nerfers; I took the heat so you don’t have to :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I k ap spam was a thing but instead of fixing just that they also nerfed normal protectors in a way by creating true hit and buffing raw by a huge margin and made it available to a huge amount of mons

We have a bunch of much worse things out there that have been Broken for ages and still haven’t been fixed we complained in the 4th anniversary because of how disappointing was the featured legend (Pandamonium which even got buffed and stills no one uses it including myself) and this anny we got a great monsters and 15 min after it was released the frustrated and envious guys that didn’t hatch it started a nerf thread… i mean it doesn’t get any more obvious than this :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I hatched him and I’m kinda siding with nerfing him slightly

2 Likes

Like what, Nova? The thing’s a glass cannon and I’ve never had a problem facing it. Honestly, a few of my former clan members griped about orca and started asking for nerfs, I offered a few suggestions and they liked it, so I figured I’d see if anyone else liked them.

guys,if you try to nerf orca.Remember the game is not only pvp.Just imagine if they nerf him .orca would suffer a lot in pve.
what the special of this monster ,if we nerf “'raw move” and make “bloodcrave” to raw bloodcrave.and change true hit to Wallbreaker .what is the special of this monster,if we nerf him like this

1 Like

Me after ascertaining another Stun Immunity super fast sweeper with no Killer weakness has entered the meta

haha just what we needed

2 Likes