No seriously, we need to talk about Orca

Padrinorca’s concept is super cool and honestly needed for the meta, but… Isn’t it a bit OP? I mean:

• RAW restriction (which is not really a heavy restriction) and seconds reduction to all RAW moves
• Stun Immunity and Camouflage, which considerably restrict the array of moves who can delay it or shut it down
• Bloodcrave, meaning it only needs one kill to get going.

Let’s take a look at the most used frontliners last PvP:
20201020_144412

Chrono Killer is effective against three of them, but there’s no Poison monster. Toxic Killer seems just too much on him. Plus, we already have a Poison hard counter, Scarleguard.

What I’d like to suggest is something that’s not THAT MUCH of a nerf, maybe even a repurpose for him. Only ONE of these suggestions would be enough:

• swap Toxic Killer with You’re Grounded (effective against three top frontliners too) and remove the seconds reduction
• give it Camouflage Entrance instead of Camouflage
• give it Bloodthirst instead of Bloodcrave (he doesn’t struggle at getting kills anyway)
• make the SS Swift True Hit

3 Likes

also, the move “You’re grounded” kinda fits into the mafioso theme they’re going with Padrinorca.

2 Likes

pretty sure padrinorca is better outside of the frontline

1 Like

Probably it’s true, but I haven’t met one Padrinorca outside of FL

All RAW moves should be 70tu because… come on, RAW is a buff more than a restriction right now. That should go by default.

Instant True Hit is absolute non sense and completely removes protectors from any front line in meta. Swift True Hit for 3 cost is more than enough, or Instant Protector Killer for 2 cost.

Camoflage Entrance is another really good option as such a powerful and fast monster shouldn’t be hard to kill on top, and outside of the front line you can at least somewhat prepare.

20 extra tu on RAW moves plus either Swift TH or Camo Entrance would be the best in my opinion. The monster would still be an absolute top tier no questions asked, but then it would at least be somewhat beatable.

As of now I think it’s just as good as Awakened Suikenshi, and hands down the best legendary in the game. It’s just too much.

Given his speed and killer moves I think he’s strongest in front line personally.

1 Like

give him bloodfury lol or stun counter

Yeah let’s give him Power Mask instead of Stun Immunity, while keeping Camouflage. And while we are at it, make his moves 30sec

2 Likes

btw change bloodcrave to bloodthirst is not good idea.easy to make him get 2 kill.
how about solo move?

A SOLO move would mean that if there’s a Storm protector on his side (say, Saberzor), he couldn’t do any move. And that’s something that should not happen

1 Like

Ok I thought about it and with Orca in front line the only viable monsters that you can use as stun protection that come to mind are F.D. Iris, Bloomluga, Awakened XYZ and Willowyrm.

Freezecobra <- Toxic Killer
Gearcroc or any protectors <- True Hit
Arboribratus <- True Hit + Toxic Killer
Stun Counters/Converters <- Chrono Killer
Bitterbeast, Utopion <- Chrono Killer (although Bitter can deal with it better than most)

Sorry but this is absolute nonsense. He needs Camoflage Entrance or a new secret skill + removal of RAW.

2 Likes

why you use ,protector? but you play raw skill :roll_eyes:

But it may happen. If a player goes out of his way to do that, just for the hell of it, the game may softlock because it doesnt know what to do

1 Like

how funny :joy:

1 Like

That’s just such a sad personal agenda, you state d somewhere you save your gems for Halloween and keep on whining about padrinorca. Try to be at least not obviously biased a f.

2 Likes

Not sure how saving for Halloween makes me bias, but I won’t deny that Orca does counter me. Like me many others though, as this monster is so powerful it’s meta warping.

My arguments are still very true and very valid though, if you think otherwise prove me wrong.

1 Like

It hasn’t even been a week since it was released, and there’s already been 2-3 threads about it. The sad thing is that there’s most likely going to be something even stronger in the next egg. I would do my usual routine of coming up with reasons why it shouldn’t be nerfed, but I don’t even play the game anymore so I don’t give a damn how harshly it gets nerfed.

As for how I’d theoretically tweak it; Swift True Hit would be fine alongside an increase in TU for RAW moves. Maybe even a slight speed decrease like what happened to Scorp.

1 Like

Unless we get an overwhelming amoung of viable Stealthbane monsters like what happened with True Hit, then it just won’t be enough to solve the stun protection issue.

ppl said,stun imunity > stun converter…why we not give him stun converter :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:,Chrono killer with chrono move is very common

Who knows, we might get a speedy monster with RAW Stealthbane in the next egg to counter Orca.

3 Likes

Orca’s very own Glaciaron! It would be pretty funny, but again, relying on one monster simply wasn’t enough with Scorpiogeist. I doubt it’ll be different this time around.

The devs would make some mad cash though.

1 Like